No announcement yet.

XS Southeast 2017 discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm taking a pit stop in Henrietta, OK. I should be in Memphis this afternoon so I'm trying to get hold of the Iron Horse to see if they have anything open for Wednesday and Thursday or if I'm sleeping under a bridge and collecting tolls from people that want to trip across it.

Another tank of gas and back on the road!
    -- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• I got a cabin for Wednesday and Thursday so I'll fill out the menu in Memphis. Yay!
      Ft. Smith is nice this time of year, back at it.
      -- Scott
      _____

2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Originally posted by newc4 View Post
        I'll have to miss the fun this year. I had surgery on my foot 6 Sep, in a cast until 26 Sep. At least no more hobbling around.

See you next year.
        Sorry you're going to miss this year. I'll hold the cabin for next year. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Comment

• Sorry to hear about you're not making the rally Darrell, but gotta take care of yourself.

Scott, glad you're making SAFE progress and have a room at the end of it all!

I attached/wired up a cigarette lighter POWER SOCKET adapter so I can plug in my GPS and PHONE charger as needed. Also received the 4" high density foam cushion I ordered off of eBay last week. Last year a had a Lawn Chaise lounge cushion from LOWES that I had to buy on the road to save my skinny white butt from IronButtBurn! But that was way too bulky and ugly. Thank goodness I still remembered a bit of my HighSchool Home Ec class and bought a YARD of strong black vinyl fabric from Walmart and sewed up a cover for it. It was a bit more complicated because I had cut out some curved wedges out of the foam for my legs/thighs. The cover doesn't look like PRO-upholstery, but it works.

Looking forward to a nice leisurely run over 2 days down the BRP from Va. And thankfully the hurricanes appear to be playing off the east coast far enough to not cause any monsoon weather for our rally location! Last years rain wasn't much fun.

See you all in a few days.

T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

• Darrell sorry to hear you can not make it. Take care of yourself and see you at a rally soon.

Scott, great to hear you are having a trouble free trip. See you there.

TC am I getting old? Last year was warm to my recollection the year before rained ? 14 hours straight in the way home

Phil
            1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
            1983 XJ 650 Maxim
            2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Meals

Hi All,

Made it to Stecoah today. Beautiful weather here. A little warm during the day, but cool at night.

Stopped by the Ironhorse. They have asked me to encourage all of you that are staying here to get your meal orders in as soon as you can. This will help them out a lot.

Be safe on your way here.

Thanks
              1981 XS1100H Venturer
              K&N Air Filter
              ACCT
              Custom Paint by Deitz
              Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
              Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
              Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
              Stebel Nautilus Horn
              EBC Front Rotors
              Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

• Almost on the way

I'm at work, waiting for a customer audit to end, so I can begin the drive.

My bike is on the trailer and hitched up in the parking lot. The Jeep is loaded and ready to go.

It's going to be unseasonably hot here in Detroit for the upcoming week, so I packed a mix of attire to be ready for whatever the weather brings in NC- including the cooler temps in the mountains.

I will spend tonight at my sister and BIL house in Dayton, OH.

I should arrive at Iron Horse Thursday afternoon, perhaps around 3-4.

I'm really itching to go.
                Last edited by Radioguylogs; 09-20-2017, 01:05 PM. Reason: redundant word
                -Mike
                _________
                '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
                '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
                '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
                '79 XS750SF 17k miles
                '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
                '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
                '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

• I left home Sunday. Followed MaximPhil's route down through WV. Rode Rt 16 The back of the Dragon, Rt 421 The Snake, Rt 441 through the Great Smokey Mountains Nat'l Park, and spent a few hours on the BRPW. Logged 1,500 miles so far. Eating ice cream in SC right now trying to beat the 94 degree heat! Will arrive at the Iron Horse Friday. Safe travels everyone!
                  Billy

1982 XJ1100, Ceramic Coated Headers, Raptor ACCT, Barnett Clutch Springs, Dremmel Fix, TC's Fuse Block, De-Linked S/S Brake Lines, 850 Final Drive, Yahman's YICS Eliminator, Pods, stock jets

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyRok View Post
                    I left home Sunday. Followed MaximPhil's route down through WV. Rode Rt 16 The back of the Dragon, Rt 421 The Snake, Rt 441 through the Great Smokey Mountains Nat'l Park, and spent a few hours on the BRPW. Logged 1,500 miles so far. Eating ice cream in SC right now trying to beat the 94 degree heat! Will arrive at the Iron Horse Friday. Safe travels everyone!
                    GREAT ...................
                    to do some exploring and get on some different roads on a way to a Rally.

From a Rally is good too

Jeff
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Thank you, folks, I made it to the Iron Horse. Again, my GPS took the long way -- 70 miles of back roads including The Dragon but it was daytime so I could see!

Dinner's almost ready, then I'm going to crash out, that was a lot if riding from Memphis, then twisties.
                      -- Scott
                      _____

Comment

• Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
                        Thank you, folks, I made it to the Iron Horse. Again, my GPS took the long way -- 70 miles of back roads including The Dragon but it was daytime so I could see!

Dinner's almost ready, then I'm going to crash out, that was a lot if riding from Memphis, then twisties.
                        THANKS for the report.
                        Glad to hear you parked it. AND have a couple days to enjoy the Iron Horse. It is such a fantastic motorcycle venue.

Anybody that rides should experience the Iron Horse, the Guests & the great bike roads all over that GA, NC, TN, SC

Jeff
                        78' XS1100 E
                        78' XS1100 E
                        78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                        '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                        '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffH View Post
                          THANKS for the report.
                          Glad to hear you parked it. AND have a couple days to enjoy the Iron Horse. It is such a fantastic motorcycle venue.
                          d a great time. The as

Anybody that rides should experience the Iron Horse, the Guests & the great bike roads all over that GA, NC, TN, SC

Jeff
                          I've had a great time! There were no problems until I accidentally installed a governor in Yukon, OK. I had 1/3 of a quart of oil and didn't want to haul it so I dumped it in and overfilled the engine. It was fine until I went over 70 mph, then it spewed oil out the left-hand main seal under the timing cover and covered my boot and the footrest with oil. Not a problem, just stay under 70 and wait for the extra oil to go away, then don't do that again.
                          -- Scott
                          _____

Comment

• Some NICE Donations to our Vintage Yamaha Rally.

Vintage Yamaha Rally Friends,

We received some really nice prize and goodie donations for the rally. Today we received a really big box from YAMAHA. They do appreciate our love of their Vintage Yamaha Motorcycles.

A few of our vendors from last year were not heard from this year but I think everyone will be pleased with the available prizes and the goodie bags look really good, much better than our first attempt last year. After many hours of work organizing the goodie bags and etc., my wife Nancy is finally putting on the finishing touches with today's Yamaha Donation while I tinker with the bikes!

The following businesses sent their support to the rally:
                            • Yamaha Motor Corporation U.S.
                            • XJ4Ever.com
                            • MikesXS.com
                            • State Farm Insurance
                            • Haggerty Insurance
                            • Summit Racing
                            • RockAuto
                            • Mother's Polishes
                            • Meguiars Polishes

Whenever possible, please support these contributors.

Sincerely,
                            Kurt Boehringer
                            Peachtree City, Georgia

1970 - CT70K0 - Mini-Trail
                            1978 - SR500 - Thumper
                            1979 - CT70H - Mini-Trail
                            1979 - XS1100SF - Pensacola
                            1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
                            1980 - XS1100SG - The Ugly Duck
                            1980 - XS1100SG - Mayberry Duck
                            1981 - XS1100SH - DEAD Duck Cafe'
                            1981 - XJ550 Maxim - Nancy's Mini-Max
                            1982 - XJ650 SECA - Hurricane
                            1986 - FJ1200 - Georgia Big Red
                            1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
                            2016 - FJR1300A - Montgomery

Comment

• Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
                              I've had a great time! There were no problems until I accidentally installed a governor in Yukon, OK. I had 1/3 of a quart of oil and didn't want to haul it so I dumped it in and overfilled the engine. It was fine until I went over 70 mph, then it spewed oil out the left-hand main seal under the timing cover and covered my boot and the footrest with oil. Not a problem, just stay under 70 and wait for the extra oil to go away, then don't do that again.
                              Good choice of travel east Scott! Area in Idaho got 10in. of white stuff last nite.....showed on TV they had the plows out! Glad you made a safe run to the Rally!
                              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• At least wife(Motowoman) and sister are hangin' out down in Panama City for the week......never heard of snow there.
                                81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
                                X