XS Southeast 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg,
    I see this as the perfect Cigar Holder - Avid Rider garment for Brent.
    Easy access to the cigars, less delay in 'lighting up', place to put half burnt stogie in case of flame out,
    storage area for the butts. I'd sell it to Brent. Maybe $100-$200 bucks for this elite custom riders-smokers jacket.

(actually looks more like you had lion or cougar attack somewhere out behind the Iron Horse)

Jeff
    Originally posted by BA80 View Post
    Well, what do you think, should I keep using it? Ha ha ha ha

78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
      Well, what do you think, should I keep using it? Ha ha ha ha

*Shrugs... Hasn't stopped me. lol. Mine is a bit worse for wear, so I'd definitely not win any fashion awards, but it zips up and holds all my padding/armor in place still. And, like my alternator cover scrapes... it helps remind me that my bike isn't a crotch rocket and I'm no spring chicken. To each his own.
      Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
      '06 Suzuki DR650
      *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
      '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
      '81 XS1100 Special
      '81 YZ250
      '80 XS850 Special
      '80 XR100
      *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

• Yeah, a couple of crazy okies pulling into a rally on bikes with road rash all over, torn up armor mesh, and scratched up helmets. They'll put us up front just to keep a close eye on us.

Yeah, I like it. I'm in.

Still has all the armor in place. The left wrist strap is history. That jacket saved a lot of skin. The only road rash I got is a small patch on my left forearm.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Hi Greg,
          A nice big XS11 patch the left shoulder and your good to go
          Phil
          1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
          1983 XJ 650 Maxim
          2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
            Hi Greg,
            A nice big XS11 patch the left shoulder and your good to go
            Phil
            ........or take up smokin cigars..................
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Character

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
              Greg,
              I see this as the perfect Cigar Holder - Avid Rider garment for Brent.
              Easy access to the cigars, less delay in 'lighting up', place to put half burnt stogie in case of flame out,
              storage area for the butts. I'd sell it to Brent. Maybe $100-$200 bucks for this elite custom riders-smokers jacket.

(actually looks more like you had lion or cougar attack somewhere out behind the Iron Horse)

Jeff
              That jacket looks servicable, A little patching, maybe. The "distressed look" is quite popular in some circles, Commanding prices 1.5 to twice the cost of nice new stuff. Extra cigar pocket??!! now I am interested. But of course, I am cheap and have some old jackets already.

Do not throw jacket away. Some of us could get rich with new clothing line for those who want to pose & look like they have "been there done that". Rabid Rider? Avid Rider?

Good reminder...
              It is a great big beautiful world out there
              Brent in GA
              Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                That jacket looks servicable, A little patching, maybe. The "distressed look" is quite popular in some circles, Commanding prices 1.5 to twice the cost of nice new stuff. Extra cigar pocket??!! now I am interested. But of course, I am cheap and have some old jackets already.

Do not throw jacket away. Some of us could get rich with new clothing line for those who want to pose & look like they have "been there done that". Rabid Rider? Avid Rider?

Good reminder...
                a gold mine waiting to be found...I see alot of old cars rebuilt a underneath but kept looking like rat rods with paintthats old and spotty and plent of rust under clearcoat...so a ratrod clothing line is not so farfetched...
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Patches for sure.

Maybe a big bandaid ouchie patch.

John
                  John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                  '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                  Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

• Hey y'all, I got into my laptop case for the first time since I've been home and found a pleasant $uprise in there along with my AMA card I've been looking all over for. I don't remember leaving it there myself so I assume one of my brothers did. Whoever it was I thank you.

If no one else did then it was me and I forgot.....disregard. I was pretty doped up when I left the hospital.

Thanks once again to everyone who came to my assistance in my time of need.
                    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Dang druggies.. I swear. Yeah, that's where Harry and I told you we were putting your stuff and the money in an envelope everyone chipped in on for you. We made you look at us and told you exactly where we were putting it so you could keep an eye on it in case of crooked hospital staff. I had no idea you hadn't found that yet.. lol. All the weeks out of work, the cash probably would have come in handy by now.. ya think? lol.
                      Last edited by trbig; 11-21-2013, 09:44 AM.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                      '06 Suzuki DR650
                      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                      '81 XS1100 Special
                      '81 YZ250
                      '80 XS850 Special
                      '80 XR100

Comment

• Ha ha....I SORTA remember that but then I just barely remember you and Harry stopping in. They were pumping morphine into my IV every 2 or 3 hours. I still hurt but I really didn't care.

Thanks y'all, came in handy now too. It was a nice surprise.
                        Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

• Honestly, I'd forgotten all about that. Everybody passed around a hat that evening and some people apparently felt sorry for you. Glad you came on here to mention it though. A few might have suspected I used it for gas and beer money on the way home. lol.

Current bikes:
                          '06 Suzuki DR650
                          '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                          '81 XS1100 Special
                          '81 YZ250
                          '80 XS850 Special
                          '80 XR100

Comment

• Originally posted by trbig View Post
                            A few might have suspected I used it for gas and beer money on the way home. lol.
                            or a warm bed for you and Harry...
                            "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                            1981 LH

Comment

• Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post
                              If it is a bed for him and Harry, it might be self warming. ..(OK, how was I to resist THAT one).

Besides, we all know that Tod would not waste the money on gas when there is beer to be bought.
                              Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                              80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                              93 GSX600F
                              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                              81 XS1100 Special
                              81 CB750 C
                              80 CB750 C
                              78 XS750

Comment

• Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post

Don't be jealous, Potter. I still love you.

Current bikes:
                                '06 Suzuki DR650
                                '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                                '81 XS1100 Special
                                '81 YZ250
                                '80 XS850 Special
                                '80 XR100

Comment

Working...
                                X