No announcement yet.

XS Southeast 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no problem camping. 4 of us were quite comfortable in Brent's big top tent. (except for trbig getting cold.....wussy)

BTW Brent, I never did thank you for allowing me to share your tent. I had planned on camping with J.W. but his tent was a bit.....shall we say....intimate.

I owe you a meal at Catfish Cabin next trip to Arkansas.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

The damaged roads probably won't be an issue by September. The Cherohala has one lane open.

“Motorcycle tourism is a big economic boost to Graham County, and we certainly want to restore that as quick as we can,” said Joel Setzer, district engineer for DOT’s Division 14.
      Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

By now I'm sure folks are planning or have planned what rallies they are attending. It's time for me to bump this thread. Spring is around the corner! The Iron Horse will fill up quickly, as it is the most popular motorcycle resort in the area.

Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

I'll be missing this rally this year. I'll be tailgating with my son at VMI. This is his last year so I can make future rallies.

I will be in Maggie Valley the previous weekend for the FJR rally.
          Darrell
          78E
          80G project
          06FJR

Comment

I just received a tip that the Iron Horse no longer rents tents or sleeping bags. You'll have to pack them.
            Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

2013 shirts

Is there going to be shirts at this years rally? Looking forward to going! Mary will be able to join us this year also.

Comment

Originally posted by tjohnson View Post
                Is there going to be shirts at this years rally? Looking forward to going! Mary will be able to join us this year also.
                Wait a few days for Marty to get home he is working on the T shirt design already.
                Phil
                1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

SE Rally Shirts

Originally posted by tjohnson View Post
                  I'm finishing up the design for our 2013 SE Rally Shirt. I hope to have something workable in a couple weeks. I'll try to get something posted with pricing just after July 4th. At that point I'll put up a T Shirt thread. Will also have routes and stops figured out by then too.

Jeff
                  Last edited by JeffH; 05-28-2013, 09:06 AM.
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                  '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                  '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

They aren't going to be Kawasaki green this year are they?
                    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Just got off the phone with Iron Horse... I have a site reserved!
                      Tom
                      2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
                      gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                        They aren't going to be Kawasaki green this year are they?
                        No green for 2013 ....... but gotta admit at least nobody got lost or wandered off into another group wearing the lime shirt with printed yellow road sign.

Was originally thinking Tie-Dyed but likely y'all will see something close to shirt in Yamaha Yellow as long as supply & sizes are available at the time we get the shirts printed.

Jeff
                        78' XS1100 E
                        78' XS1100 E
                        78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                        '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                        '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Maybe they should be Macho Maroon....

John
                          John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                          '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                          Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Consider This!

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
                            XS Southeast 2013 will be held at The Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge on the weekend of 27-29 Sept 2013. We will plan rides for Saturday and Sunday as in 2012.

I am posting this now as the Iron Horse will save our rooms until 31 Dec 2012. This is a very popular resort and space will go fast. If you are considering this for 2013, please make a reservation. You may cancel until 60 days in advance. If you procrastinate, you will be camping or staying elsewhere.

See also: www.facebook.com/xssoutheast
                            Myself and some friends were up in the Smoky Mountains this weekend. Ended up riding all over the place - Brevard, Maggie Valley, Cherokee, Bryson City, The Dragon, and the Cherohala Skyway. Had a great time and weather was good except for a little rain for some on the way home.

We stopped by the Ironhorse to show it to some of those who had not seen it before. Spoke to the lady at the check-in desk there. She reiterated what Marty has been saying about early reservations with even more urgency.

She said that there was a large number of construction workers in the area that would be there for quite some time. They have all of the available rooms in Robbinsville which is near the Ironhorse. This lessens our ability to stay in the "area" if we do not get a reservation at the Ironhorse. I asked how many rooms they have. She counted 55. There are campsites as well. Just something to consider.

MP

MP
                            1981 XS1100H Venturer
                            K&N Air Filter
                            ACCT
                            Custom Paint by Deitz
                            Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
                            Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                            Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
                            Stebel Nautilus Horn
                            EBC Front Rotors
                            Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

I'll hang with Brent again in his canvas castle or bring my tent if his fills up.

Ain't skeered of camping at all. I was comfortable last year
                              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Greg,

It won't hurt to tell them you're coming, even if you're camping.
                                Marty (in Mississippi)
                                XS1100SG
                                XS650SK
                                XS650SH
                                XS650G
                                XS6502F
                                XS650E

Comment

Working...
                                X