XSive Rider's @ Iron Horse 2012

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • JeffH
    replied
    Originally posted by TopCatGr58

    And I've fixed my sticking front brakes problem, although it didn't really bother me last year...I rarely use my brakes in the twisties anyways, just engine braking alot!

    just wondering JEFF when do we get to see the T-shirts design, and can place orders?

    T.C.
    No braking last year even in the hairpin curves, YES T.C., I noticed. Not really required even on those challenging roads when you run in 2nd and 3rd gear between 6,000 rpm and Red Line like you were doing! GodZilla Rocks!! Glad you resolved the sticking brakes!

    I just got back home from XS North and 4th in NY. I plan to finalize a SE Rally shirt design this week. Will have pricing for Long / Short etc. and hope to be taking orders by next weekend. As Marty indicated, we will post a mockup and have an ordering process setup soon. Will post new thread here -plus- use our facebook page at facebook.com/XSSoutheast.

    Jeff

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Folks, if you're on the fence about coming to this rally, now would be a could time to get off and make a reservation. I expect quite a few folks will be staying with TC at the motel. It probably isn't more that a 10 minute ride. There is probably still room at the lodge as well.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Originally posted by TopCatGr58
    just wondering JEFF when do we get to see the T-shirts design, and can place orders?

    T.C.
    Expect to see something on that soon. It will probably come up in a new thread on this forum.

    Leave a comment:


  • TopCatGr58
    replied
    Finally made reservations.

    Hey there Folks,

    Well, I finally made my reservations at the Tuskeegee Motel, I stayed there the last time, it's only a few miles down the road from the Iron Horse, quaint little place, but no WiFi! The price is only about 1/2 that of the Iron Horse, and they still had rooms availilble for the dates, 2 and 3 beds, possibly some 1 beds. I took a single since I'm going there by myself. But I'm looking forward to seeing many of the Xsives that I've met and ridden with before, as well as hopefully some new faces also!

    I, too, trailer, just too many miles for this old back, and I visit my mom in Southern Alabama the week before, then ride up to Ga for a fun filled weekend of twisties before heading back home to flatland Tidewater Virginia!

    Here's hoping the gas prices stay reasonable.

    And I've fixed my sticking front brakes problem, although it didn't really bother me last year...I rarely use my brakes in the twisties anyways, just engine braking alot!

    Okay, I'll shut up now, just wondering JEFF when do we get to see the T-shirts design, and can place orders?

    T.C.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cuda 69
    replied
    With much disappointment,I have to cancel XS South this year,my daughter just decided she wanted to go back to collage,and as some of you know,there are expenses we as parent's need to help out with..Hopefully we will be able to make either XS east or XS southeast next year. The good news for anybody wanting a room,one just opened up,private room for Fri. and Sat.

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by jetmechmarty
    You can post pics.

    What year was it that we had all the rain?

    There's still time to get a place for 2012. www.ironhorsenc.com
    the last year @ TWO...my 1st XSive rally in 2010 with my XJ... i was there at Stecoah last year as well...

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    You can post pics.

    What year was it that we had all the rain?

    There's still time to get a place for 2012. www.ironhorsenc.com

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by jetmechmarty
    Most of them came from here.
    Hey Marty not sure how i could add my pics to FB page pics...but heres a link to the last TWO event...where I brought my Maxim
    Take whatever you like... ;-)

    A private space for your group's photos and videos. Share, react, and relive moments together. Available on iOS, Android, and desktop. Free for new sign-ups.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Originally posted by Cuda 69
    Some good pic's on facebook.
    Most of them came from here.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cuda 69
    replied
    Some good pic's on facebook.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    I just started a Facebook page for the rally: http://facebook.com/XSSoutheast

    I know a lot of folks that attend are lurkers here, as they began with the Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Rally. You're still welcome, on this site, or that one. We look forward to seeing you in Sept.

    The Facebook page could use a few photos.

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by Cuda 69
    getting old,hey Madmax? join the rest of us. I really don't know how Bob Jones did all thoughs miles on an XS.my old back would not tolerate that anymore.
    Will be 60 in Aug but ever since i bought a modern sport tour machine I cant seem to do much riding on the old Maxim and I am increasingly looking at selling my ST1100 and getting a GL1800 Goldwing...now thats a sure sign of an old fart...geez thats kinda scary...LOL

    Leave a comment:


  • Cuda 69
    replied
    getting old,hey Madmax? join the rest of us. I really don't know how Bob Jones did all thoughs miles on an XS.my old back would not tolerate that anymore.

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    SE Rally

    It's not too late to make a Reservation at the Iron Horse for our Fall Rally on September 28-29-30. We will be riding some great roads that have some of the best scenic beauty the mountains of western North Carolina has to offer + some early fall color in the higher elevations + some great twisty's too!

    I just called the Iron Horse and they still have AVAILABLE for Fri 9/28 & Sat 9/29:
    a. 7 beds in the Bunk House @ $29.95 a night
    b. 2 private rooms in Hog Hideaway @$94.95 a night
    c. Tent Camp sites
    d. 2 rooms in Lone Star

    Iron Horse has a convenient Unload-Load Dock available for your use in case you may want to arrive with bike on Pickup Truck or other conveyance.

    Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge
    1755 Lower Stecoah Road, Robbinsville, NC (is actually off Hwy28 in Stecoah)
    (828) 479-3864 ‎ ยท ironhorsenc.com

    There are also Rally Attendees staying about 5 miles away on Hwy28 at:
    TUSKEEGEE MOTEL
    GIFT SHOP and CITGO STATION
    2511 Fontana Road, Hwy. 28
    Robbinsville, NC 28771 (Stecoah, NC)
    828-479-8464


    More details will be posted in July after XS North.
    jeff & jetmech

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by mlew
    I'm planning on trailering mine up there Ben. I can save you a space for yours if you need. So far plans are to leave Friday and come back Monday. I like a evening to rest before a drive home.
    Awesome Mark...will be in touch soon...Still want to do some stuff to the XJ...have not ridden it but 10 miles this year...

    Leave a comment:

Working...