XSive Rider's @ Iron Horse 2012

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • JeffH
    replied
    Originally posted by madmax-im
    ..it was a hoot....combined with the Cherohala and that was a fun day. ..
    Yup, that was a very good ride indeed. Lots-O'-Fun. Remember Sunday am, a bit of a late start from the IronHorse, then with quick gas stop at the Tuskeegee - we were at Deal's Gap around 11AM for shopping & pics. Traffic was very light even by 12:15 when we stopped at the overlook on 'The Dragon'. After that stop to Tellico Plains TN, lunch, waterfalls and the Cherohala Skyway traffic was just about non-existent, except for that dude(s) in the little tan old beat-up pickup on the Cherohala Skyway that was trying to block the bikes from passing.

    Jeff

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    9/28-9/30 correct? I know Brent will be there so there will be at least 1 familiar face.

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Yep thats right...we did it early and it was fine...it was a hoot....combined with the Cherohala and that was a fun day. Be prepared for temp changes with elevation too...so bring some warm clothes...

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Do it, Greg!

    Ben, recall the Iron Horse is close to the Gap. We pass through first thing Sunday morning.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    I'm thinking seriously about heading over there this fall. It would be good to put faces to some of y'alls names.

    Depends on if I can get the time off from work.

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by jetmechmarty
    Ben,

    You did it last year without incident. We all did. There will likely be police to keep the squids at bay. Will you come if we have a Tuesday/Wednesday rally? I fear it will shrink our numbers significantly.
    Guess we did dont recall...but best early in the day...earlier the better

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Ben,

    You did it last year without incident. We all did. There will likely be police to keep the squids at bay. Will you come if we have a Tuesday/Wednesday rally? I fear it will shrink our numbers significantly.

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by JeffH
    Iron Horse has a Load / Unload dock just for bikes if you can get your bike in a Pickup or Trailer. Would be an easier run central MO to NC and back in a truck if you have access to one. Some are trailering from VA. Fall colors in NC are fantastic and the roads are equally awesome. We plan to ride a section of the Blue Ridge Parkway on Saturday with a BBQ lunch stop, then The Dragon and the Cherohala Skyway on Sunday. Join us if you can. Rooms at Iron Horse or nearby Tuskeegee Motel both in Stecoah, NC. Likely a few guys will be seeking a roomie as we approach September.

    Jeff
    No way I'm riding the dragon on a sunday...every squid in america will be there...weekends suck...

    Leave a comment:


  • GTXS1100
    replied
    I would love to come ill have to see how thing are around rally time. I watched some guys ride the Dragon on youtube yesterday and its deffinaly on my bucket list!! I do have some vacation time coming up also so there is a strong possibility i may try to make it this year. Idk yet. Ill keep an eye on the page so you guys looking for roomies I might hit you up but the rates for camping look great also so im split. I love camping and I dont even have to set up my own tint so that sounds like a dream come true. Lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by GTXS1100
    Only down fall for me is that it is a 12 hour ride one way just to get there. I Dont know if my bike and i are up for the journy just yet.
    Hi GT,
    Only 12 hours 24 hours in a day still leaves 4 hours for eating and drinking and 8 hours for sleeping..... I don't see the problem

    Mine shows 14 1/2 riding hours which cuts into the eating and sleeping time
    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    Originally posted by GTXS1100
    it is a 12 hour ride one way just to get there. I Dont know if my bike and i are up for the journy just yet.
    Iron Horse has a Load / Unload dock just for bikes if you can get your bike in a Pickup or Trailer. Would be an easier run central MO to NC and back in a truck if you have access to one. Some are trailering from VA. Fall colors in NC are fantastic and the roads are equally awesome. We plan to ride a section of the Blue Ridge Parkway on Saturday with a BBQ lunch stop, then The Dragon and the Cherohala Skyway on Sunday. Join us if you can. Rooms at Iron Horse or nearby Tuskeegee Motel both in Stecoah, NC. Likely a few guys will be seeking a roomie as we approach September.

    Jeff

    Leave a comment:


  • GTXS1100
    replied
    Its funny my boss was just telling me about this place called the Tail of the Dragon and i thought it sounded like a fun place to go see. Then i randomly check this Rally page and the hotel you guys stay at is right next to it.

    I probably wont make it this year but im going to try and make it next. I have a buddy with a honda and maybe i can talk Catatonicbug in to riding to lol. Only down fall for me is that it is a 12 hour ride one way just to get there. I Dont know if my bike and i are up for the journy just yet.

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by madmax-im
    I still have a spot for a roomie..if i cant get one then likely I'll cancel as I'm not gonna afford it solo.
    Hi BNE,
    Don't cancel just yet. I am trying to get my **** together to attend.
    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    I still have a spot for a roomie..if i cant get one then likely I'll cancel as I'm not gonna afford it solo.

    Leave a comment:


  • scalded dog
    replied
    ...missed last year, hope to be back this year. Later 'Dog

    Leave a comment:

Working...