No announcement yet.

Memorial Day 2005 Unrally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I thought you fell off the edge. How ya doing!! I am sure someone will pipe in with some floor space, not me, not this time, wifey is coming along, sorry. I would be glad to share, Ron, you know that.

Around here regular is between $1.99 and $2.10 USD per gallon.

C'mon down, we'll take up a collection if necessary. That GW ought to get back to Canada on a tank, eh?
    Marty in NW PA
    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
    This IS my happy face.

Comment

Might have room on my floor but can't guarrentee it right now.

There might be another Ontarian coming with me. He is very interested in coming. I can't even remember whether I have one double bed or two.

Won't know until next week sometime. I can post before I leave home Friday morning if that works. Or even thursday night.

Nice to hear from you, Ron and Marty took the words right out of my mouth. Darn you Marty LOL
      Tom
      2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
      gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

So you're bringing SWMBO along, and you're willing to share? nice. LOL No worries Marty I totally understand. Giving thought to me is more than enough, no need to apologise at all.

Will be good to see you rascals again. I promise not to leave my pants in the bar this time! hahaha

And while the idea of a collection is cool, I'm not looking for charity, i.e. me costing anyone anything. Just for a deal on accomodation, if you get my drift. I do have some money (hence my not looking real hard for work) I'm just wanting to be frugal with it so it lasts. I guess I've always been this way though, so it is business as usual!

Hey tom if you have space on the floor I'd be happy as a pig in ****. And they are happy! See those grins? That'll be me. Especially after backpacking in Ecuador this past January, I can get by on really limited accomodations and be happy.

Of course I will be more than happy to shell out for part of the rental. Not looking to be a complete mooch, just spending wisely. I don't need a whole room, I don't even need a bed. Hell I don't even need a room if the weather, law, and creepy crawlies are decent. But I am bed-trained if one is available. heheh

Comment

Ron,

Good to hear you are still alive and well! Are you riding down with Jim and Phil?

Dena and I have a single king bed in our room so no extra at this point...sorry man.

We are leaving here Friday morning for a quick 8-10 hour ride down to Elkins.

Gas is a bit more expensive here $2.16 - $2.36 per gal. right now, PA and WV will be slightly cheaper.

you are riding this year, you are gainfully unemployed, you are coming to the rally!!
          Gary Granger
          Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
          2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

"...I'm not looking for charity..."

Oh, you'll pay. No doubts there...

Har har har.

Be sure your tires are in top shape, we have some awesome roads to run chasing sixtysix.
            Marty in NW PA
            This IS my happy face.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyA
              "
              Be sure your tires are in top shape, we have some awesome roads to run chasing sixtysix.
              HaHaHa..........I will be chasing the long stream of sparks from your mufflers...the Muffler Mangler lives!

Reguardless.....it seems we do have some nice roads to cover!
              Gary Granger
              Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
              2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Marty in NW PA
                This IS my happy face.

Comment

T- 10 days and counting till lift off. It sounds like the gangs all here . Is everyone one primed and ready.
                  Ralph

Comment

Originally posted by sixtysix

We are leaving here Friday morning for a quick 8-10 hour ride down to Elkins.

Nice to see that you have to ride as far as me...
                    Tom

Comment

• I just finished putting 4 new Dunlops on my bikes. It looks like I'm go! I'll be leaving Thursday AM or PM depending on whether my daughter takes the pillion.
                      Marty (in Mississippi)
                      XS1100SG
                      XS650SK
                      XS650SH
                      XS650G
                      XS6502F
                      XS650E

Comment

• Not sure who I'm coming down with at this point. If I have the time I will join Jim and Phil on Thursday eve, otherwise it'll be Friday blast down superslab with the other Ontario guys.

Comment

• Hi Ron,
                          Gpood to hear you are coming too. You know Jim & I plan to leave on Thursday evening and go via Buffalo and then follow hwy 219 all the way to Elkins stopping somewhere overnight.
                          Hope to meet Marty for Breakfast Friday AM... somewhere in PA.
                          Call to discuss .
                          Maxim Phil
                          1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                          1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                          2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Marty in NW PA
                            This IS my happy face.

Comment

• Ron You have two Pm's
                              Tom

Comment

• [QUOTE]Originally posted by madbiker
                                [B]So Marty did you hear from Brent then?

No one has heard much from me (Brent). I retired from the fire dept, and have been working over 50 hours per week at my part time job.

But, I am planning on being there in WV. Marty H. (jetmech marty), myself and my 12 yr old daughter Leeanne are riding out Wed PM and plan to arrive fri night. staying untill Mon am. I put a new rear tire on the RED HD today. ( Shop did mounting and balancing).

Now to continue looking for hotel and T-shirt info.

Happy motoring, Brent in GA
                                It is a great big beautiful world out there
                                Brent in GA
                                Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Working...
                                X