Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• made it home 3:30pm. no problems.

Comment

• Made it home 4:25, stopped for breakfast and dinner.

Hit by a gully washer in PA for about 45 minutes. Completely dark, couldn't see 10 feet. Bike stumbled just a couple of times but otherwise ran great.

Thank you all for showing up and making it a RALLY! Sally is still retelling it over and over. She loved it too.
      Marty in NW PA
      Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
      Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
      This IS my happy face.

Comment

• got home around 3:00 too high and dry great time in W.V.
        Ralph

Comment

• Dena and I made it home safe about 5:30pm, Marty and Ralph really threw a great rally!

Only got a few drops of rain on us, we were in front, behind, beside of rain in several spots but only saw a couple wet roads. We were 100% sure from the look of the sky were going to get rain at the NY PA border and put on the rain gear, this insured a rain free trip!

Rear tire is completly bald, I was worried the last 200 miles it would not make it, started losing bigger chunks of rubber, but cool wet pavement in spots probably kept the cord from showing!

Had some extra vibration from the 'problem' will have to yank chain and sprockets for a complete check-out.
          Gary Granger
          Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
          2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

• Bob and I got home about 3:30pm. No rain and no big traffic problem. Most of the traffic was heading north. NO rain.

Gary, glad you and Dena made it ok. We were worried about the click.click.

GREAT Unrally guys. We enjoyed it. THANKS.

Ralph Meeks & BOb.
            Ralph Meeks
            79F
            80SG

Comment

• Thanks Ralph (and Marty who called)(and Ralph W for the offer of help it broke) for the concern, it's great having friends like you! I hope it turns out to be a minor issue....I am ordering tires right now, will tear into someday soon.

Some numbers from the GPS:

Max Speed 94.3mph
              Moving time 28hrs 11mins
              Moving Ave Speed 56.1mph
              Trip Odometer 1583 miles

not a bad weekend, uploading photos as we speak.
              Gary Granger

Comment

• Hey all:
                Made it home. Skirted the rain most of the day, but it added another 100 miles. Oh well Only got caught once in a terrific thunderstorm, but other than that made it dry. 370 miles for a trip total of 1130.
                What a great rally! Hats off to all of you who put this all together.
                Mark Stanton
                78XS11e (wash me now!)

Comment

• Hi All what a fabulous rally . I made it home about 7:30pm and after a Tea, (hot with milk for those from the south) Jim was on to his house and home by9:00pm. Managed to avoid most of the rain. stopped in DuBois overnight and only about an hour of light rain this morning.
                  Maxim Phil
                  1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                  1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                  2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Mark, that was me waving. We stopped for breakfast, that's how you got in front. I should have realized you were travelling that far that route, I woulda ridden with you and bought you breakfast.
                    Marty in NW PA
                    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                    This IS my happy face.

Comment

• Put some pictures up on imagestaion...must be a member and signed in etc.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...=16308764&mode

It should work, if not let me know...the linking option seems to be gone.
                      Gary Granger

Comment

• Sounds like an excellent rally and sorry I missed it. Would like to have met everybody. Pulled the MC to end of drivewat Fri. evening to get ready to leave and gas was pooring from the breather.

well had to remove carbs and now waiting on parts from p and more. Hope to make another before summer is over.
                        POTTS CREEK EXPRESS

IF YOU AINT THE LEAD DOG
                        THE VIEW IS ALWAYS THE SAME
                        1980 G Full Dresser

Comment

• http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2125965117
                          Heres some pics. Hope the link works.
                          Mark

Comment

• Okay guys and girls
                            I was asked over the weekend about a second run on the shirts .I can do this for everyone but unless I get a large order it will cost a little more plus shipping this is a rough quote from the printer $12.00. It could be less if you want one e-mail me at ratrhemiw@msn.com We need 12 before we get started.
                            Had a great time this weekend if you missed it, you don't want to miss another one. Marty had some great roads picked out, had a nice place to stay, no one got hurt and we only bent the speed limits a bit. Right Marty, Gary, Ralph M.and any one else in the front of the pack.
                            Ralph the Madbiker

Comment

• Ralph, you know we never do things like that. Especially with the Sate Police watching us.

Ralph Meeks

we only bent the speed limits a bit. Right Marty, Gary, Ralph M.and any one else in the front of the pack.
                              Ralph the Madbiker [/B][/QUOTE]
                              Ralph Meeks
                              79F
                              80SG

Comment

• Hi All just got in.....

I also want to thank the guys and gals that made this thing work.

A couple of oops, and a all most fix in the parking lot and a couple of beer drank.

Good roads and good people!!!

My GPS wasn't on all the time ( at meal times and over night but here there are

Highest speed 101mph

Overall average speed 39.8 mph

Driving average speed 51 mph

Driving time 35 hours 25 minutes

Stop time 10 hours

Total time 45 hours 25 minutes

Note that the GPS readings are in MPH I use it to get my ground speed in the USA
                                Don't have to convert on the run!

Total distance 3061 kms from home to back home

Ok so I had to pick up Maryland and I was in Bay City MI today
                                Tom
                                2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
                                gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Working...
                                X