Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody interested in an XS East rally July 4th weekend, 2005 in NY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ty

Tina and i booked at the super 8 ty Bruce..............MITCH
    Doug Mitchell
    82 XJ1100 sold
    2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
    2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
    1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
    47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

• I orignially said no..... but now .......

Maybe next weekend someone will convince me to go...

Tom
      2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
      gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

• Hey Tom,
        Gary & I both have the week off before the rally. One of our "daytrips" we were going to try to hit Penn., NJ, Conn, Mass, and back to NY, for those of us collecting states !!
        With an FJR, this ought to be a gr8 day !
        Enough said !!
        Just get here !!

XSively,
        Bruce
        Bruce Gerken
        '79 XS1100SF
        "The Black"
        '2009 BMW k1300GT'
        The Red Sled.
        St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

• Hey, Bruce,

If you guys wind up in the tri-state area of Stroudsburg, PA ( or Milford or Port Jervis) on Thursday of that week, we can ride to Deposit together. I've planned to get to the motel on Thurs afternoon 6/31.

Comment

• Hi Bruce
            I'm trying to get to at least part of the July 4 weekend. It will be my first rally! I'm wondering if you have any kind of schedule put together that would help me know when best to get there and where and when to meet. It might wind up that I can't get there until either Sat night or Sunday morning. Never having been to one of these I don't know what to expect, especially if I have to miss Saturday. Thanks for any info!
            Dean
            80 SG
            81 SH in parts
            99 ST1100
            91 ST1100

Comment

• Dean, here is what to expect:
              New guys buy beer.
              Don't be late.
              Marty in NW PA
              Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
              Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
              This IS my happy face.

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyA
                Dean, here is what to expect:
                New guys buy beer.
                Don't be late.
                Yes and they have to wash all the bikes too!!

Well OK not really!

I don't think the ride routes are not yet set in stone, so right now we don't have a schedule other than sleep, eat, ride, repeat as needed. I am going down a week early to help Bruce set up the routes.

But usually at these events, we get up and eat b'fast and start riding about 9am done about 5pm and then party all night (I wish I still could). Usually there are a few stragglers on Sat Morn and they usually get together for a ride of thier own. We will know more as the time draws near.

Let Bruce or me know your schedule and we can wait a while or meet up someplace.

Should be a blast....will have to go a ways to beat this weekend in WV, but we always try. See Ya there!!
                Gary Granger
                Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
                2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

• I want to see him make Marty's shine.
                  Ralph

Comment

• Make it to what?
                    Whatever that is, you gotta catch it first.
                    Marty in NW PA
                    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                    This IS my happy face.

Comment

• Catch what ,you and Gary lead I'll follow, just watch the mirrows I'll be there. I try to catch you I'll just get smacked in the back of the head ,no thanks.
                      Ralph

Comment

• Hi Dean,
                        What part of NY are you in ? What to expect at an XSive Rally ??
                        First of all, XSive Rallies are XSively addictive !!

Secondly, there's alot of XSively great people !! Most of the people seem to have an awful lot in common, other than just their bikes !

Lastly, the riding and extra cirrucula activities are always an unforgettable time !!

As for the "schedule", it's always subject to change, depending on what the majority wants to do, and there's also a possibility of breaking into smaller groups to do several different things. I've noticed that most of the XSive riders have a tendency to get a little "XSive" !!!!
                        We're planning on meeting at the Susquehanna Motel ( off exit 8 of Interstate 88 ) in the mornings and taking things from there. Gary and I will be spending the week before the rally checking out roads.
                        We'd be more than glad to have you attend and are looking forward to meeting you.

XSively,
                        Bruce & Deb
                        Bruce Gerken
                        '79 XS1100SF
                        "The Black"
                        '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                        The Red Sled.
                        St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

• Bruce,

Any chance of getting directions to the Motel once we arrive in Bainbridge?

Comment

• Hey Russ,
                            Which motel did you reserve a room in ?
                            If you're staying at the Susquehanna Motel, you'll see the motel @ the light ( turn right after getting off the highway) as you get off the interstate. If you're staying @ the Super 8, you'll get off @ exit 9 (Sidney exit) off I-88 and follow the signs, (bear right getting off the highway then, turn left at the light, and it'll be behind Burger King)
                            Hope that helps !!!

XSively,
                            Bruce & Deb
                            Bruce Gerken
                            '79 XS1100SF
                            "The Black"
                            '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                            The Red Sled.

Comment

• Bruce,

Thanks, I'm staying at the Susquehanna Motel with Wayne Redding. Sounds pretty easy to find.

Comment

• I'm also at the Susquehanna, due to arrive 6/30 afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                                X