Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody interested in an XS East rally July 4th weekend, 2005 in NY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tent site

Originally posted by randy
    I'll be arriving Thursday, any other early birds?

Also, I haven't gotten any takers on the tent site, so I'm going to cancel it. Last warning!
    I have tent and could use site. I missed previous info. Particulars?

Brent in GA
    It is a great big beautiful world out there
    Brent in GA
    Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

• Brent,

Luckily I haven't cancelled it yet. Particulars? It's at the Susquehanna, that's all, it's a tent site, walls not included!

What day are you arriving?

Comment

• Answers to Specific Questions Needed Please

Hi Bruce,
        I've combed the discussion in this and the other accompanying threads, but am still trying to put together exactly how things are going to come together next weekend - we want to spend as much time as possible together with other Xsives and not wandering around either trying to find you or wondering what the plan is.

I know we are meeting at the Susquehanna Saturday morning, that's off Exit #8, Interstate 88 (we're coming from Oneonta) Your post says "But usually at these events, we get up and eat b'fast and start riding about 9am" Where do we eat? together somewhere? What time? Or is breakfast on our own and we plan to be at the motel by 9 for the ride?

Also, another post says we meet at 6:30p.m. Saturday at Jerry's Inn for dinner. Do we just show up in our riding clothes? Is it a regular sit-down restaurant, or?

After dinner we are going to your house? Do we need directions from the Main Street restaurant?

What about Sunday morning? When/where do we meet again?

Maps/routes - should we just try and have a NY map, or are you getting Chamber of Commerce/Visitor's Center maps for the area, or?

Thanks for answering these questions,
        Deb in Vermont

Comment

• Hi Bruce and Deb
          As with XSiveMom above, I am needing some specifics. Sent a couple PMs but maybe that isn't working?
          I'll be coming from Horseheads probably either late Sat. or real early Sun and am wondering if I'm missing the best riding (site seeing) and meeting people day on Sat? How late will people still be at your house Sat? Best way for me to get in sync with folks? Thans
          Dean
          80 SG
          81 SH in parts
          99 ST1100
          91 ST1100

Comment

• What An agenda

HI to all

Gary is going to be here tomrow to ride the roads and finsh planning there are 3 restrants in town .The main meeting place will be the Susqueanna.Directions to my house from the hotel north on 206,over the railroad tracks,take a right on Kirby st.go to the yellow blinking light,take a left hand turn on High st.this is a little st that is back between 2 small gradges.If You went to the cementary you went to far. my house is 4 where all the bikes are.

Xsivly
            Bruce and Deb
            Bruce Gerken
            '79 XS1100SF
            "The Black"
            '2009 BMW k1300GT'
            The Red Sled.
            St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

• In a very general way, the weekend rallies go somethng like this:

Meet for breakfast (or meet after breakfast if you make your own)
              Follow the Leader and ride all day, with stops for gas, food, scenery / photo ops.
              Meet for dinner.
              Stop for beer on the way back to the central campfire (lacking that, a parking lot in a motel, a park, someone's room, etc.)
              All of this is usually generally planned, with some flexibility, and sometimes adjusted or completely changed on the fly.
              Go to bed.

The next day, repeat.

Now there are some who want to see specific sights, or come only for one of the days, take a group and wander off on their own away from the main pack, and things like that.

Bruce is giving directions to his house so maybe he wants us to meet there some time. I am sure he will let us in on the secret. And the organizer might even plan several alternative routes; sometimes the routes have some challenging curves and some folks like to take life a bit slower than others. Usually there is a leader for those folks too, unless the maps / routes are not too difficult to follow.

Maps are optional if you follow the main pack. I have been to rallies with maps handed out, no maps, and text instructions. It all works out in the end. We have partied in the parking lot, in my room, in the great outdoors around a fire.

Just go with the flow. Sally and I are in the Susquehanna motel. Look for the not too shiny blue 78 standard with the fairing.
              Marty in NW PA
              Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
              Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
              This IS my happy face.

Comment

• my my my .... that is quite the list of bike under someones name.
                Tom
                2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
                gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyA
                  In a very general way, the weekend rallies go somethng like this:

Meet for breakfast (or meet after breakfast if you make your own)
                  Follow the Leader and ride all day, with stops for gas, food, scenery / photo ops.
                  Meet for dinner.
                  Stop for beer on the way back to the central campfire (lacking that, a parking lot in a motel, a park, someone's room, etc.)
                  All of this is usually generally planned, with some flexibility, and sometimes adjusted or completely changed on the fly.
                  Go to bed.

The next day, repeat.

Now there are some who want to see specific sights, or come only for one of the days, take a group and wander off on their own away from the main pack, and things like that.

Bruce is giving directions to his house so maybe he wants us to meet there some time. I am sure he will let us in on the secret. And the organizer might even plan several alternative routes; sometimes the routes have some challenging curves and some folks like to take life a bit slower than others. Usually there is a leader for those folks too, unless the maps / routes are not too difficult to follow.

Maps are optional if you follow the main pack. I have been to rallies with maps handed out, no maps, and text instructions. It all works out in the end. We have partied in the parking lot, in my room, in the great outdoors around a fire.

Just go with the flow. Sally and I are in the Susquehanna motel. Look for the not too shiny blue 78 standard with the fairing.
                  I was going to write this...thanks Marty!!

Bruce is having the Sat night party after dinner at his house. That is the plan anyway. I think.

This is not directed at anybody in particular. These events are dynamic, plans are not set in stone...if you are coming in 'late' Sat night. Let us know how late 'late' is. Then we can let you know if we will still be at Bruce's, or what your options are. If you can only make it Sunday and want a scenic ride we can work that out too. But plan on being at the meeting spot, the motel in this case by 8-9am and let us know you will be there. Can't make it that early? Call early on Whatever day and we will work out a meeting point that works for both of us.

Do you have a cell phone? So do most of us...want me to PM you my number? That way you have it. Sometimes I don't check for hours if we are riding.

Just come you will have a blast!
                  Gary Granger
                  Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
                  2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

• I am down in Bainbridge right now...(Bruce and Deb are cooking breakfast as I write this...mmmmm) we went out yesterday and preveiwed the Saturday ride, finaly tally is about 216 miles. Some really nice scenic stuff, a few twisty back roads, and some big high speed sweepers. Several cut offs that people can use to shorten the ride.

Several of the roads that looked good on the map, were a little rough...so we nixed those. Lunch is over looking a water fall...seems like a nice ride!!

We are still working on Sundays ride...but there are a lot of things int this area people may be interested in so we may have more than one ride. (Howe caverns, Baseball hall of fame, brewery tours, etc.)

I may post more later,
                    Gary
                    Gary Granger
                    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
                    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

• tours

Gary ....brewery tours......What no Alpine.....Geez, ill bring some with me. See ya soon...........MITCH
                      Doug Mitchell
                      82 XJ1100 sold
                      2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
                      2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
                      1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
                      47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

• XS/XJ Owners Patches

Hi Everybody,
                        I am bringing along some XS/XJ owner assoc. patches. Bruce sent them in today. I have about 20-25. These are the new ones that are 78-84.

See you at the rally,
                        Thanks,
                        Wayne
                        80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

"We are the type of band that if we moved in next door to you...Your lawn would die"
                        Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

• tent site and schedule

Hi Randy, I plan to arrive Saturday am. Hopefully by breakfast and before Sat ride.

XSeast schedule? Last year in WV, I found the town near the XSeast rally, rode to where I saw bikes, identified some as great XS1100s, went in to the nearest resturaunt, was warmly greated and applauded by XSives waiting to eat, (apparently some had bet that I could find the rally), Shown to an empty seat at the head of a long table, served first then accompanied to the Lodge.

2003 I stopped at the first fuel station in Wellsborro PA where I saw some great old yamaha. This was the start of a nice afternoon loop ride.

These Rallys are great! not too hard to get in step with.

Happy motoring, Brent in Ga
                          It is a great big beautiful world out there
                          Brent in GA
                          Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

• Last one to the rally first one fed .I remember that see ya tomorrow night.
                            Ralph

Comment

• Bruce and Deb,,, Just to let you all know, I do have to miss Saturday and plan on arriving at the Susquhanna around 8AM on Sunday. Looking forward to meeting my bike advisors.
                              Dean
                              80 SG
                              81 SH in parts
                              99 ST1100
                              91 ST1100

Comment

• We're home got here around 2:30 . Thanks Deb & Bruce was great to see ya again. We'll see some of you in Indy in 2 weeks .
                                Ralph & Tracy

Comment

Working...
                                X