Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post
    I really need to get out more.
    Alright, how about setting up some kind of day ride in the hills between fredricksburg and richmond and eastward.
    You give us hampton roads guys enough heads up time and we'll join you. Maybe we can convince Zeston in Ashland and BOYZSBLUE in fredricksburg to join us too. (if they can get their bikes fixed )
    Hi, my name is George & I'm a twisty addict!

80G (Green paint(PO idea))
    The Green Monster
    K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, '81 oil cooler, TC's homemade 4-2 w/Mac Mufflers, Raptor 660 ACCT
    Got him in '04.
    bald tire & borrowing parts

80SG (Black w/red emblems & calipers)
    Scarlet
    K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, WJ5, Shoei bags, Raptor 660 ACCT.
    Got her in '11
    Ready for the twisties!

81H (previously CPMaynard's)
    Hugo
    Full Venturer, Indigo Blue with B/W painted tank.
    Cold weather ride

Comment

• Originally posted by GLoweVA View Post
      Alright, how about setting up some kind of day ride in the hills between fredricksburg and richmond and eastward.
      You give us hampton roads guys enough heads up time and we'll join you. Maybe we can convince Zeston in Ashland and BOYZSBLUE in fredricksburg to join us too. (if they can get their bikes fixed )
      no hills around there that i'm aware of. it's flat and boring or racetracks filled with a$$holes.
      "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
      1981 LH

Comment

• DuWayne you really should come to Stecoah NC for the fall SE riders rally...you would love it...
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• I think he's planning on it Ben.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• How many XS/XJ11s showed up? It looks like you may have had more of them than we had at XS Southeast last September. I hope we have more this year.
            Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

• IIRC...Brent had his Harley, Bohn had his BMW, Poppa Smurf had his V Star, and there were 2 other V twins I didn't look at real close. 17 in all.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Bob, Arlan, Brent, and Bohn are heading up into Canada today. Harry and I are in Crandon Wisconsin and heading 500 miles to Des Moines Iowa today, then I'll head the other 700 miles home tomorrow, splitting off from Harry in Kansas City.

Thanks again for the hospitality, Ken.
                Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                '06 Suzuki DR650
                *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                '81 XS1100 Special
                '81 YZ250
                '80 XS850 Special
                '80 XR100
                *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

• My pleasure, thank you and everyone for making the trip.
                  81 H

Comment

• Finally rolled in to the house. Right at 3k for the trip. Dang... time to change the oil again.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                    '06 Suzuki DR650
                    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                    '81 XS1100 Special
                    '81 YZ250
                    '80 XS850 Special
                    '80 XR100

Comment

• Damn boy! You made good time.

What time did you leave this morning?
                      Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

• Well, it was only 560 miles or so today, not 700 like I was thinking. Then I stopped in and talked to Doc a while and he adjusted me and got the knife-blade from in between my shoulders taken out.. lol.

Current bikes:
                        '06 Suzuki DR650
                        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                        '81 XS1100 Special
                        '81 YZ250
                        '80 XS850 Special
                        '80 XR100

Comment

• Originally posted by trbig View Post
                          Well, it was only 560 miles or so today, not 700 like I was thinking. Then I stopped in and talked to Doc a while and he adjusted me and got the knife-blade from in between my shoulders taken out.. lol.
                          Cool I thought about stopping in there on the way back but I was dripping wet so I kept on riding.

His bike is in my garage, it's not like I never see him.
                          Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

• Here's a few pics taken from the rally. I didn't get that many for some reason..

Ken poured gas all over this pile then went to light it. He took the gas back to the garage, then his dog followed him back to the wood pile.. saw he was about to light it, then changed his mind and walked away. Smart dog. lol. I thought I'd at least take pics for the burn clinic to analyze..

Downtown Hayward next morning.

On the road...

Greg and Harry showing some love.

Peter riding Gary's bike.

Peter and Amy at the lookout where we stopped. Awwwwww....

A different angle of the bikes.

Papa Smurf by Lake Superior.. Brake light out. This is right after I blew out my exhaust gasket.

Sorry, but with carb and exhaust problems, that's all I got. Had a great time meeting new ones and seeing old ones. What do you all think about a ride up into the upper peninsula of Michigan next year? We apparently have a sucke.... ummm.. I mean a tour guide lined out? lol.

Current bikes:
                            '06 Suzuki DR650
                            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                            '81 XS1100 Special
                            '81 YZ250
                            '80 XS850 Special
                            '80 XR100

Comment

• Later that night

[IMG][/IMG]
                              81 H

Comment

• home

en
                                Originally posted by trbig View Post
                                Bob, Arlan, Brent, and Bohn are heading up into Canada today. Harry and I are in Crandon Wisconsin and heading 500 miles to Des Moines Iowa today, then I'll head the other 700 miles home tomorrow, splitting off from Harry in Kansas City.

Thanks again for the hospitality, Ken.

made it home tonight sat 8/17/2013 at 1045pm. Coolest August ride I have ever been on. Really good to see evveryone there. Great Rally Ken!

What a ride!
                                It is a great big beautiful world out there
                                Brent in GA
                                Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Working...
                                X