No announcement yet.

Lost Rally Wisc. Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arlan will have at least a half dozen following him, so if he gets lost, there'll be several that are! lol.

About to hit the road. Staying in Kansas City tonight, Ely Iowa tomorrow and Thursday, then Friday I'll be in Hayward with the others if the good Lord's willing and the creeks don't rise!

See you all soon.
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

I'll be leaving here tomorrow after work and spend the night in Kansas City and meet up with everyone in Ely Thursday.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Have a safe trip, will see you Friday Noon?
        Hayward about 3 hrs, 180 miles the quick way from here.
        XJ1100 Ruby Red
        XS1100LH "Midnight"
        1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Is that about what Time we usually get there from Bob's?
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Yes, it's about 3.5 to 4 hrs depending on route he brings you. But it also depends on how much celebrating you guys do the night before!
            XJ1100 Ruby Red
            XS1100LH "Midnight"
            1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

We generally opt for the ride along the river because it's nicer.
              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Banner came today

[IMG]//[/IMG]

Ya'll have a safe trip up, any trouble call, we may not be able to help you but we can send pictures from the party j/k
                81 H

Comment

Hmmmmmm..........your gonna need a bigger garage.

I see you have a good cage for Tod there though.
                  Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

As long as he don't offend my dog, he's sensitive.
                    81 H

Comment

Originally posted by haywardguy929 View Post
                      As long as he don't offend my dog, he's sensitive.
                      You've never met Tod have you? He's been known to offend himself.
                      Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Banner looks great glad it made it, thanks Matt!!
                        We are picking up Strabo,Tulip and maybe Mindwebs in Bloomer on the way up.
                        XJ1100 Ruby Red
                        XS1100LH "Midnight"
                        1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Sitting here in Kansas City drinking Russ' booze and eating his food. Life is good! lol. Headed out to Iowa in the morning.

Oklahoma was absolutely BRUTAL today. Over 100 with the heat index much higher. Felt like the sun was a foot off my back and my face was in an open door of an oven. I bet I drank over 2 gallons of water/Gatorade/Iced Tea and didn't have to stop to pee. About 70 miles south of Kansas City, it clouded up and cooled off considerably.
                          Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                          '06 Suzuki DR650
                          *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                          '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                          '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                          '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                          '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                          '81 XS1100 Special
                          '81 YZ250
                          '80 XS850 Special
                          '80 XR100
                          *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

At least it wasn't 115º like it was when we left Tulsa 2 years ago for Arlen's.
                            Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

comments from the peanut gallery.

Cruiser I'm thankfull you have a plan.

I've been running my wheels off and getting busier.

Sorry to hear you guys have hit the heat..

Ya'll could move to a cooler state, WI and MN are nicer that way.
                              Or you could buy yourself a goldwing with air conditioning to stay cool

Later
                              1979 XS1100SF Special.78 E motor/carbs, Jardine 4-2 exhaust, XS Green coils, Corbin seat, S.S. Brake lines, Hard cases, Heated grips.
                              1981 Yamaha XJ750RH Seca (War Pig) XS11S front end and rear swingarm with 17" rim, 20mm ammo box saddle boxes, HID headlight, LED aux lights, Heated grips & seat, Bark busters, Harley 12" shocks, S.S. brake lines, oil cooler

PW50, PW80, YZ80(mine? what the??? Brrap OH...)

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

Comment

Originally posted by cruiser View Post
                                Banner looks great glad it made it, thanks Matt!!
                                We are picking up Strabo,Tulip and maybe Mindwebs in Bloomer on the way up.
                                Thank you as well Matt, wish you could make it up.

Cruiser, I take it your meeting people in E.C. vs taking 63N all the way here. If your meeting Joe you guys could take a back way out of Rice Lake, he might know it along Long Lake County roads B & M to 70 then hit Hwy 27. Lots of twisties and not much traffic.

Weather still isn't looking to bad, no worries about 100 degrees..lol
                                Long johns might be an option for the campers
                                81 H

Comment

Working...
                                X