No announcement yet.

Lost Rally Wisc. Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 from Winona to Eau Claire to 53, 70 and 27 is quickest route. Some are having a full day riding coming from Iowa so that was the plan. Meeting some in Bloomer and have looked at alternative routes from Rice Lake (3) that are close to same distance and time. Time group arrives in Winona will determine route to Hayward.
    63 adds about 40 minutes so took that one out.
    Have not heard anything from Iceman.
    XJ1100 Ruby Red
    XS1100LH "Midnight"
    1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

If your meeting someone in Bloomer then yes and you can make good time on Hwy 53 but other wise I've taken 63 many times and it seems much shorter to me. Having lived in the Twin Cities and many trips to Rochester I'd never go that far east to E.C. when I want to go North. No way it's 40 longer.

The back way ( long Lake- M & B) was just a option and more wooded and curves. I always take that route when I have to go to Rice Lake.

70 to 27 isn't bad mostly straight road but an option I would take over Hwy 53 as well.

On 27 as you get closer to my place you will see a place called Wilderness Walk, just past that is Moochers Bar (both) on the left.
      Next road left is your turn on Anderson, 1/2 block another left and your here.

I'll most likely have some kind of sign on the 27/Anderson Rd intersection.
      Have a safe trip and we'll see ya when ya roll in.
      81 H

Comment

Disregard the Hwy 63 thing, I believe you were talking about taking it from Spooner/Treego vs 70 to 27 through Stone Lake.

What ever I'll quit charting for you lol.
        81 H

Comment

Got to Russ' here in KC. Drank the booze and ate the food that Tod didn't get last night. I'll be taking off for Ely early in the morning.

The Hornet is doing great except the tranny is louder than I like and I keep looking for another gear with this stock FD. I learned today that cruising at 70 - 75 it gets exactly 114 miles to a tank reserve included....................but the last 5 miles there's only enough gas to run 2 cylinders.

BTW Tod.................What is that I smell in this room? Is that you?
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

For a Special tank thats about normal. Might get more if you would slow down!

John
            John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
            '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
            Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
              For a Special tank thats about normal. Might get more if you would slow down!

John
              That IS slowed down. We were running 80 - 90 to NC last year, that's normal speed.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Glad the banner made it to you in time! I really wanted to bring it up with me but i have to work this weekend. The 80 standard still has no breaks. Runs great just cannot stop. I'm just afraid to tackle it alone and to broke to take it to the shop. You guys have a great time! See ya next year (fingers crossed)
                68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
                76 Honda Cb 400 super sport
                79 special (skull bike)
                79 special (parts bike w/title)
                79 special
                80 standard full dress (Sat 24 years)
                81 special (parts for now trying to get the title)
                81 kaw 750 ltd (sold to brother-in-law)
                80 650 maxim (fixing for wife)
                81 650 maxim
                81 Xs 650 special ( No title found in a barn)
                88 Zx 600r (Sold)
                01 Gz 250

Comment

Hey all. Sorry for not keeping up with you all. It has been pretty hectic over the past week or so (my wife had wrist surgery, we had a house full of visitors, and I am currently en route back from a business trip to West Virginia). Sounds like the travels are going well for everyone, so that's good to hear.

I will be up to Ken's Saturday morning. Might have another couple riding up with us too. We will all be up just for the day. If anyone has trouble or needs anything let me know. I am about an hour before Ken's and have a garage full of tools.

A nice ride from Rice Lake to Hayward is also 48 to F to 27. That is one of my favorites. Adds a bit of time though. Looking forward to meeting you all! Plane door is closing, have to go!
                  1979 XS1100SF (The Fire Dragon)
                  1999 1500 Vulcan Nomad

Comment

Originally posted by exquized1 View Post
                    ...........You guys have a great time! See ya next year (fingers crossed)
                    +1.

Got the carbs and airbox pretty well cleaned up and have a new brake hose to fix a damaged one. Just gotta get the stuff back together and then take care of any lingering issues. Fingers crossed to have it all fixed up so I can join you next year for the 10th anniversary of my ownership of this bike. :P

'81 XS11H Venturer - holed up in storage while life happened since 07/08/04
                    '81 Kawasaki KE175 enduro - 63 mph of smokey fun, now with collector plates!

Comment

Keep your eyes open for deer

[IMG][/IMG]

I thought the beer was a nice touch.

Looks like your making progress on your 81, keep at it !!!
                      81 H

Comment

If anyone coming to this rally has one of those cheap Yamaha tank emblems from a golf cart, could you bring it with you? I'll either pay you for it or ship one back to you when I get home. I brought one, but it didn't make it intact in the bottom of my trunk.

Yesterday, we were coming up here to Iowa, and on I-35, there'd been an accident with a semi overturned... which had been hauling hundreds of pigs! There were about 10 guys in the middle of the median trying to keep all those things rounded up. Upset I didn't get a picture, but not a sight you see every day!
                        Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                        '06 Suzuki DR650
                        *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                        '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                        '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                        '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                        '81 XS1100 Special
                        '81 YZ250
                        '80 XS850 Special
                        '80 XR100
                        *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

I have a spare set of stock you can borrow from my XJ when you get here tomorrow.
                          XJ1100 Ruby Red
                          XS1100LH "Midnight"
                          1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Joe, 48 and F to 27 was my alternate route if we have some extra time. Looks good running past all the lakes on the way.
                            See you Saturday, I think breakfast was 8:30???? but don't know where other than someplace close to Ken's.
                            XJ1100 Ruby Red
                            XS1100LH "Midnight"
                            1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Originally posted by cruiser View Post
                              I have a spare set of stock you can borrow from my XJ when you get here tomorrow.

I have just one of the cheap silver ones on the other side already. I don't want to use those high-dollar OEM gold ones.. lol Thank you though.
                              Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                              '06 Suzuki DR650
                              *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                              '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                              '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                              '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                              '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                              '81 XS1100 Special
                              '81 YZ250
                              '80 XS850 Special
                              '80 XR100
                              *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

In Ely at Bob's waiting for Bohn an Brent to show up. One thing, actually 2, about being at Bob's garage, there is no shortage of beer or tools.

Headed north tomorrow, I hope it doesn't rain 'cause it's cold here...........by my standards anyway.
                                Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                                X