No announcement yet.

Lost Rally Wisc. Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I heard today they said a scattered showers in the AM (Friday) so I think you should have clear sailing. The rest of the weekend low to mid 70's and a chance of rain late in the afternoon/evening on Sunday. Thee bitch is lows in the low to mid 40's at night, yes this is F'n August !!! Has to be one of the coolest on record.
    81 H

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
      Got to Russ' here in KC. Drank the booze and ate the food that Tod didn't get last night. I'll be taking off for Ely early in the morning.

The Hornet is doing great except the tranny is louder than I like and I keep looking for another gear with this stock FD
      Hey Greg do you want to do the XS750FD upgrade?
      I have the fd sitting here and the copper bushing. I could use a couple tanks of fuel

If you want I'll bring them with on Friday.

Let me know
      1979 XS1100SF Special.78 E motor/carbs, Jardine 4-2 exhaust, XS Green coils, Corbin seat, S.S. Brake lines, Hard cases, Heated grips.
      1981 Yamaha XJ750RH Seca (War Pig) XS11S front end and rear swingarm with 17" rim, 20mm ammo box saddle boxes, HID headlight, LED aux lights, Heated grips & seat, Bark busters, Harley 12" shocks, S.S. brake lines, oil cooler

PW50, PW80, YZ80(mine? what the??? Brrap OH...)

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

Comment

Interested in the FD but not interested in carrying it 850 miles home. We'll talk at the rally. Don't bother carrying along.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Ok, see you Friday.
          1979 XS1100SF Special.78 E motor/carbs, Jardine 4-2 exhaust, XS Green coils, Corbin seat, S.S. Brake lines, Hard cases, Heated grips.
          1981 Yamaha XJ750RH Seca (War Pig) XS11S front end and rear swingarm with 17" rim, 20mm ammo box saddle boxes, HID headlight, LED aux lights, Heated grips & seat, Bark busters, Harley 12" shocks, S.S. brake lines, oil cooler

PW50, PW80, YZ80(mine? what the??? Brrap OH...)

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

Comment

Hey, We're here and your not.

Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

More pics

[IMG][/IMG]

The boys heading fron Hayward up to the Mich U.P. ,heading around Lake Superior.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for coming up, I had a great time and a real pleasure meeting you all. The ride in Gary's memory lived up to the Lost Rally legend I think,, some wrong turns, minor bike issues,
              some beer consumption,food and great people. I had a blast and the highlight of the summer for me.
              81 H

Comment

Just rolled into Kansas City. I'll be partaking of Russ and Jenna's hospitality tonight and heading on to Tulsa in the morning. 12 hours in the saddle and I am whipped.

Got lost in Wisconsin again on the way home. I missed my turn onto I 70 riding with Dan so I figured I would just keep heading south and catch I 90. Well, I did find I 90 but not without finding hwy 93 that Arlen brought us up on. I did that quite by accident. I'll bring a map next time.

I have a few pics I'll post when I get home.
                Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Nice you could maintain the theme out of the state Glad it never happened to me .

[IMG][/IMG]

Gary's son Joe with the Dragon Tamer

[IMG][/IMG]

Papa Smurf, blowing something up to put in his tent, judging from how he had it mounted at one point people were afraid to go see what it was.

[IMG][/IMG]

Bart Sunday after breakfast wondering where everyone went to.

[IMG][/IMG]
                  81 H

Comment

How

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                    Just rolled into Kansas City. I'll be partaking of Russ and Jenna's hospitality tonight and heading on to Tulsa in the morning. 12 hours in the saddle and I am whipped.

Got lost in Wisconsin again on the way home. I missed my turn onto I 70 riding with Dan so I figured I would just keep heading south and catch I 90. Well, I did find I 90 but not without finding hwy 93 that Arlen brought us up on. I did that quite by accident. I'll bring a map next time.

I have a few pics I'll post when I get home.
                    How could you get lost in Wisconsin, I live here and practice getting lost on purpose. Then just follow my nose as I see you did and find my way. Glad you did too, you guys had a great ride ! Now anyone ready for the Wild Cat Mountain ride ? Labor Day weekend not sure but I hope to be there starts Fri. ends on Sunday, all go home by Monday.

http://www.wildcatrally.com/wc_info.html
                    76 XS650 C ROADSTER
                    80 XS650 G Special II
                    https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
                    80 XS 1100 SG
                    81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
                    https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
                    AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

• Finally made it home 2100 miles after I left it. It rained all the way from KC until about 30 miles out of Tulsa. Dry clothes sure feel good.

Great to see everyone and to meet some new folks.
                      Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

• Good to see you got home safe even if it was wet and soggy. Was nice meeting you and having you up. Thanks for coming.
                        81 H

Comment

• [QUOTE=BA80 It rained all the way from KC until about 30 miles out of Tulsa.

if you had a bar of soap it could have been your annual bath.
                          "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                          1981 LH

Comment

• Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post
                            if you had a bar of soap it could have been your annual bath.
                            I thought about that I hadn't brought a towel.

When that storm first rolled over me I was scared. It rolled over me SO fast and the clouds at front looked like could reach up and touch them.

It was still dark so I just followed the tail lights of the truck in front of me until I found a place to pull into.

About 20 miles down the road was a tiny country store in the middle of nowhere. No houses there or anything. Got to hang out with 4 or 5 southern Kansas rednecks for about an hour until it eased up.

They had hot coffee though so all was good.
                            Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

• Brent's arrival at Bob Falter's in Ely, Ia. on Thursday.

Hanging out in Bob's EPIC garage preparing for the trip.

A gas stop on the way to Arlens

Our arrival at Ken's (Hayward Guy) Friday.

Hanging at Ken's drinking his beer and eating his food.

The group on the ride. 17 bikes.

At Lake Superior

Tod (trbig) decided that the parking lot at the lake was a good place to work on his carbs.

Dan (Oseaghdha ) with his missing windshield.

Dan's windshield attacked my gas tank and the tank won, but not without battle scars.

Gary's (dragon tamer) son standing with Gary's bike. The Fire Dragon.

The artwork on The Fire dragon's lowers.

Rode hard and put away wet......literally. :twisted: The Green Hornet is filthy and the bags and seat (and me) were dripping wet in my driveway when I got home this morning. It rained almost all the way from Kansas City. The sky got pretty damn scary a couple times. :shock:

Had a great time. It was good to see old friends and meet some new ones.
                              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

• I really need to get out more.
                                "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                                1981 LH

Comment

Working...
                                X