No announcement yet.

Lost rally !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So really then we can blame my "incident" on Pete since saw the bolt had pulled through on that mount on Friday but didnt mention it......

Maybe he should make up a set of mounts like his in penance for his error
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
      Damn Wisconsin farmers and thier graveled turns. I slid about 3 feet in one corner the last trip and had to pull my shorts outa my posterior when we got back.

The roads are pretty good but next time I, or Nate, come to the rally..........SWEEP THE TURNS!!!!!!!!
      wasn't a turn....it was a parking lot where a curb magically showed up in front of me...
      Nathan
      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
      K&N Filter
      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
      OEM Exhaust
      ATK Fork Brace
      LED Dash lights
      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
      SS Brake Lines
      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
        So really then we can blame my "incident" on Pete since saw the bolt had pulled through on that mount on Friday but didnt mention it......

Maybe he should make up a set of mounts like his in penance for his error
        Originally posted by natemoen View Post
        wasn't a turn....it was a parking lot where a curb magically showed up in front of me...

And the parking lots........................MAGICALLY?
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Nate,
          Pete explained this afternoon, he did not see that the bolt was broken Friday night when he was here because it was dark. He only noted that the saddle bags were sort of unstable and thought only that it was weak mounts. He only noticed that bolt this morning. But we can blame it on him if we want.
          The Old Tamer
          1981 XS1100SH (The Black Dragon)

If there are more than three bolts holding it on there, it is most likely a very important part!

Comment

Yes Greg,

That curb does show up just like magic. We will use a different restaurant next time!
            The Old Tamer
            1981 XS1100SH (The Black Dragon)

If there are more than three bolts holding it on there, it is most likely a very important part!

Comment

Got Home

I got home around 5:00 safely. I really had a great time and can't thank Gary and Pappa Smurf enough for the great food and surroundings, not to mention the well planned ride. I hope this isn't the only meet we have up your way. I particularly liked the temperatures. Much better than the 100+ deg weather we have had all through July. Bohn
              Bohn
              78 XS750SE Bought New In 78
              80 XS1100SG "XS Combination"

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Tamer View Post
                Yes Greg,

That curb does show up just like magic. We will use a different restaurant next time!
                Yup, I found a magic oil spot in Arkansas too. I can certainly understand how poo poo occures.
                Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Hey all.. got a wild hair and just headed for home today. After my screw ups in Kansas City and twice in Tulsa (frikkin construction there sucks!) I was right at 1,000 miles for the day and 14.25 hrs to do it in. Rolled in to the driveway with the bike still purring and acting like it wanted to go further.

Left out of Wisconsin at 51 degrees and rolled south until it was 101. Didn't feel like it cooled off much even after the sun went down. ugh.. made me want to turn around and head north again.

Thank you everyone. It was good to meet the new ones and even better to see the "old" ones again. (Yeah, some of you can take that personally. lol ) The food was rediculously good the whole trip. I'll try to get some pics up in the next couple days.

Thanks again everyone.
                  Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                  '06 Suzuki DR650
                  *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                  '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                  '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                  '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                  '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                  '81 XS1100 Special
                  '81 YZ250
                  '80 XS850 Special
                  '80 XR100
                  *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Iron butt.
                    Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Iron butt.
                      Naw... it's a bit more tender than that. Here... feel.

Gary, my boss got the dang cheese-head hat this morning. "He" went on and on about always wanting one. Wisconsin weirdos.. I know you told me to "tell HIM thanks for being a fan of the best d@*n football team in the world", but I figured I'd just send a smiley pic of "him". lol.

Nothing going on at work today, so I should have time to get some of these pics posted of the rally.
                      Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                      '06 Suzuki DR650
                      *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                      '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                      '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                      '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                      '81 XS1100 Special
                      '81 YZ250
                      '80 XS850 Special
                      '80 XR100
                      *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Shoulda sat on that foam cheesehead hat on way home.

Would have been more satisfying on all levels.

John
                        John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                        '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                        Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Nate, I was serious.

If you'd like we can make you a crash gaurd/armor plating/brush guard/tank puller otherwise know as saddle bag brackets.

we'll just have to set up a weekend.

and sorry about not being able to make it saturday.

Tamer ran me, Jeff, Tulip and Strabo on a variant of the route with many overlaps to the saturday route and it was very impressive!!!

It was great to see you all, and next year i will be attending the lost rally.
                          but next up will be the fall color run. i hope to see everyone soon.
                          1979 XS1100SF Special.78 E motor/carbs, Jardine 4-2 exhaust, XS Green coils, Corbin seat, S.S. Brake lines, Hard cases, Heated grips.
                          1981 Yamaha XJ750RH Seca (War Pig) XS11S front end and rear swingarm with 17" rim, 20mm ammo box saddle boxes, HID headlight, LED aux lights, Heated grips & seat, Bark busters, Harley 12" shocks, S.S. brake lines, oil cooler

PW50, PW80, YZ80(mine? what the??? Brrap OH...)

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

Comment

Helping to explain Wisconsin

funny

http://www.facebook.com/ken.ross.10?...drunkwisconsin
                            81 H

Comment

Is that Gary's place...... LOL
                              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Some more pictures of the Lost in Wisconsin Rally 2012.
                                After acquiring this Midnight Special over a year ago it was time for the maiden voyage to the north woods of Wisconsin and see how it compared to my XJ.

Like all other trips, I have still not found a way to pack lightly

I met Tod, Bohn and Bob in Lansing, Ia. and took a far from direct route to the rally through parts of western Wisconsin before heading north to Thorp, Wi.

Dragon Tamer really had a fun route laid out through North Central Wisconsin
                                Our first stop was along the Chippewa river or Chippewa flowage.

We must be lost already………..Gary’s got the Droid checking for our location next to Bohn Fraziers immaculate XS

Tod and Dan

James and Nicki

Ted, Gary, Bob Falter

Nate with his Yellow XS

Timms Hill lookout the highest point in Wisconsin

Nate requested stops for photos along an Wisconsin Rustic Roads. I think we found three but this is the only picture I took.

Continued.............
                                XJ1100 Ruby Red
                                XS1100LH "Midnight"
                                1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Working...
                                X