Lost rally !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost rally !!!

The LOST rally will be FOUND in Wisconsin this year, August 3,4, & 5.
    Friday afternoon/evening meet and greet. Chili brats, burgers etc along
    with assorted beverages. Saturday ride through the great North Woods.
    Saturday night will be more BS session along with prime rib by the great
    Poppa Smurf and the Dragon Tamer himself. Sunday morning, short ride
    to breakfast and homeward bound.

I have lots of room for camping and can put up several in my camper.
    There is a motel a few miles away, I have not yet inquired there about
    room and rates but will if there is interest.

PM me (or email to dragonrider@mailbolt.com) for any other details and
    location.
    The Old Tamer
    1981 XS1100SH (The Black Dragon)

If there are more than three bolts holding it on there, it is most likely a very important part!

I'll see what I can do Gary. I haven't got any vacation at this job yet so I'll have wing it.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Flap them wings hard, sure would be great to see ya. Besides, you sure would not want to miss that Prime Rib!!
      Last edited by Dragon Tamer; 06-18-2012, 11:15 AM. Reason: Obama
      The Old Tamer

If there are more than three bolts holding it on there, it is most likely a very important part!

Comment

Come on Greg! Even I am planning on making this one!

Gary, I like your edit reason!
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I'll give it my best shot. It's generally a 6 day deal for me so that means I would have to take 4 regular work days off and like I said I haven't got any vacation days at this job yet. Not until November.

I could no doubt swing it financially camping in Gary's yard and eating his groceries but right now there is just me and one other tech in a 9 bay shop.

I'll be talking to Grant, the manager, about it though.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Lost... sounds right...

Hmm, shall we get lost..

Yes, it sounds like a grand idea to me..

saturday i'll have to spend at jump river a my wife family reunion.

friday and sunday i should be free to ride/wrench.

hope to see eveyone there!!!!!!!!

not sure which set of wheels i'll be on.. we'll see what i get parts into.

81 seca 750

79 XS11 SF, newly mounted 78 "E" motor.
            1979 XS1100SF Special.78 E motor/carbs, Jardine 4-2 exhaust, XS Green coils, Corbin seat, S.S. Brake lines, Hard cases, Heated grips.
            1981 Yamaha XJ750RH Seca (War Pig) XS11S front end and rear swingarm with 17" rim, 20mm ammo box saddle boxes, HID headlight, LED aux lights, Heated grips & seat, Bark busters, Harley 12" shocks, S.S. brake lines, oil cooler

PW50, PW80, YZ80(mine? what the??? Brrap OH...)

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

Comment

Wish I could make it up there again this year but it looks like it's gonna be an impossibility for me.

Gotta work and pay all those entitlements.
              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Awww gonna miss ya Greg.
                Will have no choice but to divide up your portion of the Prime Rib and beverages amongst us.

Anyone else coming from the "south"?
                XJ1100 Ruby Red
                XS1100LH "Midnight"
                1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

You'll have beer left over.
                  Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                    You'll have beer left over.
                    [SIZE="7"]WRONG!!!!

This is Wisconsin, there is no such thing as left over beer. I can also tell you from experience, there will be no left over prime either. It just won't be the same without you though, keep working on it.
                    The Old Tamer

Comment

No way I'm going to make it as things sit now. I would have to leave friday after work and ride all night 850 miles and then go riding. That don't sound like any fun at all.
                      Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Brent could do it without breaking a sweat! A mere 850 miles,,,phhhtt!

Really am going to miss ya though, had some stuff to show ya too.
                        The Old Tamer

Comment

I have here a short video of a small part of the proposed ride. It is a good representation of most of the roads we will be running.

The camera I used is not the one I would have liked to use. It is VERY sensitive to even the smallest vibration and as such the road looks extremely rough. It is not, but not having developed the proper technique for riding with one hand and videoing with the other like Tod can do, I have it fastened to the handle bar and it jumps around a bit.

The Old Tamer

Comment

Geez that sure is tempting. I rather miss the beautiful back roads out here on the planes. It's all flat and straight around here and barely a tree for miles.
                            if it has screws in it i am gonna screw with it!

82 XJ1100 "the red baron"
                            82 XJ550 "max"
                            82 S10 not quite right pickemup "lucy"
                            73 honda 750

Comment

Far

Originally posted by Dragon Tamer View Post
                              Brent could do it without breaking a sweat! A mere 850 miles,,,phhhtt!

Really am going to miss ya though, had some stuff to show ya too.
                              I rode there last year...Really enjoyed wandering around in WI while we were lost from MN. Did a certified Iron Butt Saddlesore 1000 from MN City to Atlanta on a Buell 1125R returning home. It is not too far, especially if done in segments. And I want to go again. However, Time away looks to be limited this weekend. Doubtful that I will make it.

Go if you can. I have enjoyed the lost rallies & hate to miss one.
                              It is a great big beautiful world out there
                              Brent in GA
                              Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Working...
                              X