Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y'all be SAFE riding in the rain!

John
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Location Location Location

I know its last minute but its looking like I have Saturday off...could someone PM me with some info as I would like to put something together. Hope to see you there.

Comment

Just to give ya all a clue on this rally route. I ran the route yesterday and actually remembered to stop and take a picture of this sign>>>>

The Old Tamer
        1981 XS1100SH (The Black Dragon)

If there are more than three bolts holding it on there, it is most likely a very important part!

Comment

Rode north from Bob's house in Iowa yesterday, and we met up with Arlan on the way. We rode across into Wisconsin and stopped for lunch. After eating, I looked at the GPS and it said it was 99 more miles to Thorp, WI. Then Arlan led us on some pretty fun roads. We rode almost 80 miles through the countryside and stopped for gas. I then looked at the GPS and it said we were 97 miles from Thorp!?!? lol. I guess you could say we took the long way there. More to report later, but everyone arrived safely. Here's most of the bikes, though two more showed up later. Papa Smurf made chili and brats... VERY tasty!

Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
          '06 Suzuki DR650
          *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
          '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
          '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
          '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
          '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
          '81 XS1100 Special
          '81 YZ250
          '80 XS850 Special
          '80 XR100
          *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Did you ride the XJ or the XS Tod?
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

He is on his XJ.

I already got the accident in for the day so we are good!
              Nathan
              KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
              K&N Filter
              #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
              OEM Exhaust
              ATK Fork Brace
              LED Dash lights
              Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
              SS Brake Lines
              Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Ok Nate...what gives? You ok I suppose if you are joking about it.

Hasnt rained in Tulsa in forever...I show up here and thunderstorms as we work on Doc's bike.

John
                John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Only thing Nate busted on the bike was his pride..... and his a$$ later while walking down some wet wooden steps. I think the main problem is that he doesn't drink.
                  Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                  '06 Suzuki DR650
                  *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                  '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                  '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                  '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                  '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                  '81 XS1100 Special
                  '81 YZ250
                  '80 XS850 Special
                  '80 XR100
                  *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post
                    Only thing Nate busted on the bike was his pride..... and his a$$ later while walking down some wet wooden steps. I think the main problem is that he doesn't drink.
                    Hey, I have some scrapes on my knee and a little hole in the knee on my pants, so it want just my pride!

Those were my favorite pants
                    Nathan
                    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                    K&N Filter
                    OEM Exhaust
                    ATK Fork Brace
                    LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
                    SS Brake Lines

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post

Those were my favorite pants
                      That's what I've heard Tod say many times when he tears up ANOTHER pair of those cargo pants he loves so much.

Glad your OK Nate.
                      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Dan and I just made to Milwaukee.

Thanks fir the good time Gary!
                        Nathan
                        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                        K&N Filter
                        OEM Exhaust
                        ATK Fork Brace
                        LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
                        SS Brake Lines

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Home at 3:30 Aok. Bob and I tore up Hwy 108.....twice on the way back. One time through wasn't enough. Rode with Bob into upper Iowa then split up and took the long way back north to home. A normal two hour trip took 6hrs. That's pretty normal, right?
                          Thanks Gary and Don for the great food, drink and route through the North woods of Wisconsin. Had a blast all weekend
                          XJ1100 Ruby Red
                          XS1100LH "Midnight"
                          1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Made it back. Good time, great food, and nice people. What more can you ask for?
                            Thanks Gary. Thanks Don. Can't wait to do it again.
                            #1 ’79 XS11 Special
                            #2 ’79 XS11 Special
                            '97 V-Max
                            '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

Thanks everyone for showing up and making this a great weekend. Was so good to see you all again. Pete showed up this morning, a day late for the ride so we wound up doing some of it over again.

Good to hear that Nate made it home OK after his little ahhhhh, incident. It was really not serious, just looked like it from a few yards away. Just a little problem with a small area of gravel caused by, we think, the fact that one of his saddle bag mounts had come a bit loose and unbalanced the bike a small bit. At least that is the theory that we came up with and we are sticking to it. We got the mount fixed this morning and all should be good. On the + side, after the incident his engine stopped leaking oil. Nate also figured that if he got the whole zip/splat thing over and done with right away in the morning maybe it would be the only one on the ride,,,,,,,,,,,,it worked!! Thanks Nate!!!!!! Nate also got into the whole wrenching and repair thing with Strabo and myself. Trying to get an electrical gremlin out of Strabo's XJ, we fixed it about 12 times and the little buggar kept showing up again. Seems to be gone today though. I think it was due to that sticky spot in the wiring caused by Strabo's temporary wiring patch (a bandaid, literally), it was causing the gremlin to stick in that area and that was also causing the electricity to stick in that same area somewhere.
                              After breakfast this morning I got over to the small patch of gravel and parked in it and did the traffic direction thing to make sure that Nate did not hit it again, got half a peace sign for my effort. OH Well, Nate is new to the rally scene and did not know that the proper response would have been a complete peace sign,,,,,,,,,,,,half in each hand. Wait until you meet Greg, he will show you how it is done.

More later when I get a minute. Again, thanks all for showing!!!!!!!!!!!1
                              The Old Tamer
                              1981 XS1100SH (The Black Dragon)

If there are more than three bolts holding it on there, it is most likely a very important part!

Comment

Damn Wisconsin farmers and thier graveled turns. I slid about 3 feet in one corner the last trip and had to pull my shorts outa my posterior when we got back.

The roads are pretty good but next time I, or Nate, come to the rally..........SWEEP THE TURNS!!!!!!!!
                                Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                                X