No announcement yet.

Lost rally !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope... I need one for the throttle and one for my beer??
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Hey...

Anybody got Tulip and her husband's (James?) number to see if they can make it? He truly made it a lost rally last year.. lol.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
      '06 Suzuki DR650
      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
      '81 XS1100 Special
      '81 YZ250
      '80 XS850 Special
      '80 XR100

Comment

I sent them a part for Nicki's bike. I think James may be there but Nicki says she has to work.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

"WORK", blast it Greg, how many times do I gotta tell ya, don't use them four letter words on this website????
          The Old Tamer
          1981 XS1100SH (The Black Dragon)

If there are more than three bolts holding it on there, it is most likely a very important part!

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post
            Nope... I need one for the throttle and one for my beer??
            Well, that leaves none to hold the camera..................was hopin' for some video here after the fact......
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
              Well, that leaves none to hold the camera..................was hopin' for some video here after the fact......

I've moved up in the world... Got a GoPro that mounts to my helmet. Now I get to ride around looking like a frikkin Teletubby and we can watch me crash in HD next time! lol. BUT... it still doesn't measure up to my little trusty point and shoot for still pics, so I still ride around one handed with that.

Current bikes:
              '06 Suzuki DR650
              '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
              '81 XS1100 Special
              '81 YZ250
              '80 XS850 Special
              '80 XR100

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post
                I've moved up in the world... Got a GoPro that mounts to my helmet. Now I get to ride around looking like a frikkin Teletubby and we can watch me crash in HD next time! lol. BUT... it still doesn't measure up to my little trusty point and shoot for still pics, so I still ride around one handed with that.
                Seems I remember somthin' awhile back you sayin' you had a GoPro mount, but, alas, Im guilty of the point and shoot with my trusty little Nikon. Actually amazing what you get and not thinking so at the time of the click!
                81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Tod HAS some video..............all the way to the site of the crash in Arkansas.

You just need to search for it.
                  Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                    Seems I remember somthin' awhile back you sayin' you had a GoPro mount, but, alas, Im guilty of the point and shoot with my trusty little Nikon. Actually amazing what you get and not thinking so at the time of the click!
                    Yeah, that's what's great about digital. You may only get one cool shot out of 50 while riding along, but who cares. Delete the rest and go on. Most cameras today will hold THOUSANDS of shots with a decent memory card.

I remember taking pics with film, and you had to be really judicial as to what you shot... then play the waiting game to see if the shot worked out or not.. Ugh.

Current bikes:
                    '06 Suzuki DR650
                    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                    '81 XS1100 Special
                    '81 YZ250
                    '80 XS850 Special
                    '80 XR100

Comment

Heading out in a few minutes to begin the grudge north. Kansas City today to meet up with Bohn, Iowa tomorrow to meet up with Bob, then WiscAnsin bound on Friday. See you all soon.

Current bikes:
                      '06 Suzuki DR650
                      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                      '81 XS1100 Special
                      '81 YZ250
                      '80 XS850 Special
                      '80 XR100

Comment

Trying to get out of Kansas City this morning. It hasn't rained in over a month, but guess what's going on?? lol. Headed to Iowa ASAP.

Current bikes:
                        '06 Suzuki DR650
                        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                        '81 XS1100 Special
                        '81 YZ250
                        '80 XS850 Special
                        '80 XR100

Comment

Nice of you to help them farmers out by causing the rain! We have a front moving through here right now but it looks to be out of the way by Saturday.
                          BTW, have heard from Strabo and Tulip, they will be here.
                          The Old Tamer

If there are more than three bolts holding it on there, it is most likely a very important part!

Comment

At least it's not 115º like it was here yesterday.
                            Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Been close to that here but only 68 right now!!!!
                              The Old Tamer

Comment

Leaving this afternoon, 900 miles, if no rain, should arrive Friday mid afternoon. If rain will take it easy and arrive later.

Comment

Working...
                                X