No announcement yet.

Xssively Lost Fall 2010 (Minnesota) Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ELDR- PM sent, question on part # you gave me, not right.
    Mindtamer thanks for the assist, is he in Winona area? If needed I'll call you.
    XJ1100 Ruby Red
    XS1100LH "Midnight"
    1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Saturday?

Any idea where you guys will be Saturday. I'm working Friday Night but may be able to find you Saturday. Is there any planned destinations for lunch?
      1979 XS 1100F
      Daily Rider
      DIY'r
      Minneapolis,mn

Comment

We are riding Minnesota side of river in the morning, quick lunch probably at DairyQueen in Winona (that could change) sometime around 11-1pm then across river into Wisconsin for the afternoon and evening with a dinner stop at Hansens Holdup bar and grill.
        I'll pm you will my cell phone #
        XJ1100 Ruby Red
        XS1100LH "Midnight"
        1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Yall have a great ride! Take a lot of pictures! I'm sure Cruiser has planned an amazing route just wish I could join you. Oh and Cruiser get them lost one time for me. LOL!
          68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
          76 Honda Cb 400 super sport
          79 special (skull bike)
          79 special (parts bike w/title)
          79 special
          80 standard full dress (Sat 24 years)
          81 special (parts for now trying to get the title)
          81 kaw 750 ltd (sold to brother-in-law)
          80 650 maxim (fixing for wife)
          81 650 maxim
          81 Xs 650 special ( No title found in a barn)
          88 Zx 600r (Sold)
          01 Gz 250

Comment

I'm missing out????

I just realized something while I'm sitting here waiting for everyone to show up.
            At least half the fun of these rallies is the road trip to get to them and I'm missing out!!!

Wish you were making it too exquized1. I'll turn the map upside down on the Wisconsin section just for you Matt. We'll get lost for sure.
            XJ1100 Ruby Red
            XS1100LH "Midnight"
            1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Are you practicing the turn around signal?
              Roy Bean ebay moniker roy-b-boy-b
              1982 Xj 1100 2002 V Star

Comment

Missing Out

Cruiser that is how I felt when I had my rally! YOU GUYS HAVE FUN THIS WEEKEND. Just wish I could have made it.
                Thanks Tom
                82 XJ DAILY RIDE
                78 XS1100E FIXING UP
                79 XS1100F PARTS BIKE
                79 XS1100SF NAKED BIKE
                80 XS1100SG FULL DRESS BIKE
                82 XJ IN THE ROUGH

Comment

We made it back to Ely about 4 pm yesterday. Ted stopped for awhile and then he headed off toward St. Louis. Russ, Vince, Harry, and Greg left, during a pause in the rain, this morning. They should be out of the rain by now, and headed into the heat.

Thanks to Arlan and Sandy for having it. It was one of the best rallies I've been to. We all had a great time. The roads were good and the weather was excellent. Met some new people that were fun to be around and we had a lot of laughs. Hope we all can do it again next year. Sorry, I didn't take any pictures but several of the others did, so I think some will be coming soon.

Oh yea, we did drink a beer or two.

Bob
                  #1 ’79 XS11 Special
                  #2 ’79 XS11 Special
                  '97 V-Max
                  '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

I want to thank everyone for coming to the “Lost” in Minnesota rally. I met some new faces and some old friends and had a chance to show you my part of this world.
                    Everyone arrived Friday for some food, drink and a whole lot of laughs.

Some repairs were done and I wanted to thank Daniels Ace Hardware and Yamaha for all their help. They supplied a tire and allowed our use of their facilities to mount and balance (no mechanic on duty) for Vincer, 4 exhaust crush washers for Russ79, and exhaust gaskets for ELDRS Venture.

We started the trip with an overlook of Winona the Island City.

XJ1100 Ruby Red
                    XS1100LH "Midnight"
                    1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

The threat of rain was there but we avoided all but a few miles of light rain in the morning and great weather after that.
                      The morning ride traveled some Minnesota roads with hills and sweepers. A friend of mine riding a Harley and his son on an Aprilla offered to ride ahead during this route and get some pictures and video. Thanks Marko and Andy!!!!

XJ1100 Ruby Red
                      XS1100LH "Midnight"
                      1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Main Street Lanesboro Minnesota

The video at the start of a nice left hand then right hand sweeper.

Double click the image

After a stop for snacks and fuel we headed across the Mississippi river for the Wisconsin ride.
                        First stop was the “Rock in House” in Fountain City WI. listed on RoadsideAmerica.com and is quite a unique attraction to see.

More info here http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2243
                        XJ1100 Ruby Red
                        XS1100LH "Midnight"
                        1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

The Crash:Heading up into the twisty section of the ride from Fountain City, MindWeb’s wife Amy riding a Ninja had an incident with one of the first tight turns. Fortunately she is OK but suffered a bruised knee and was not able to ride any longer. It was a true reminder to see the benefit of proper riding gear. The bike was still rideable but taken back to Fountain City for transport by truck later. Amy was able to double up for a ride back to my place and some ice packs and care from my wife, Thanks Sandy!!!!

XJ1100 Ruby Red
                          XS1100LH "Midnight"
                          1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

After getting Amy situated at my place we decided to head back over and do the short version of the routes and stop for supper at a place I had picked out.
                            Hwy 95 is a great road with long sweepers that can be taken at a fast pace and we did that.

We dropped down this road which then connects to Pretzel Pass. Both roads are named that for a reason.

Then back to the place to eat called Hansons Holdup. This place attracts a lot of bikers all summer and is located right in the middle of the great roads of Buffalo County.

XJ1100 Ruby Red
                            XS1100LH "Midnight"
                            1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

I had the great pleasure of meeting some riders from my area, Strabo and Tulip both on XJ’s. While I originally thought ELDR being from Canada would have come the furthest to be here. Tulip beats that by a long ways. She came from New Zealand…….ok well maybe it was 2001 when she moved to the U.S. but whatever!!!!! They definitely added their own zest to the group.

DragonTamer is another not to far from me that was hoping to meet Brent a long standing rider of the “Lost” group. He brought some fantastic and fresh literally just out of the vat cheese curds for everyone to munch on. They were the best I’ve ever had. Thanks Gary!!

Here's to you Brent, we missed you !!!!!!!!!

And the Group photo after the ride.

And...........we never use the "turn around sign" and never got "lost" what's up with that ??????????????????????????

Thanks to all for coming.
                              Crusier
                              XJ1100 Ruby Red
                              XS1100LH "Midnight"
                              1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

A link to all the pics.

http://http://s286.photobucket.com/a...nesota%202010/
                                XJ1100 Ruby Red
                                XS1100LH "Midnight"
                                1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Working...
                                X