No announcement yet.

Xssively Lost Fall 2010 (Minnesota) Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok DragonTamer and Mind Webs let's have a little fun. This is a test of your familiarity with the area we are riding.

Your mission should you choose to accept.... is to locate "Pretzel Pass Rd" (ya think it’s a twisty?) within the next five minutes or you will self destruct. LOL
    Did the Wisconsin side route yesterday and added this one along with Boland Valley Rd. Both of these are good ones. Wisconsin route is set at approx 135 miles from my place and back with one "rock in the house" and one "river lookout" and a slug of twisties and sweepers.
    XJ1100 Ruby Red
    XS1100LH "Midnight"
    1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

If I recall correctly it runs off of 95 south and west of Arcadia somewhere.
      The Old Tamer
      1981 XS1100SH (The Black Dragon)

If there are more than three bolts holding it on there, it is most likely a very important part!

Comment

Close but no cigar. Your in the right area though. I'll buy ya a beer anyway, oh ya, I'm buying everyone the beer Duh!!!!
        XJ1100 Ruby Red
        XS1100LH "Midnight"
        1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

I'm out! There is no way possible for me to make it. To many bills and not enough time to bail out. Sorry guys I tried.
          68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
          76 Honda Cb 400 super sport
          79 special (skull bike)
          79 special (parts bike w/title)
          79 special
          80 standard full dress (Sat 24 years)
          81 special (parts for now trying to get the title)
          81 kaw 750 ltd (sold to brother-in-law)
          80 650 maxim (fixing for wife)
          81 650 maxim
          81 Xs 650 special ( No title found in a barn)
          88 Zx 600r (Sold)
          01 Gz 250

Comment

I just got a green light for the days off from my boss. I will be heading up with the kc group.
            '82 XJ1100
            '07 Harley Nightster (SWMBO'S)

Comment

Great Vincer,
              Eldr is coming also.

One week to go.....
              XJ1100 Ruby Red
              XS1100LH "Midnight"
              1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Think I'll make the trip too. It'll be good to meet some more XSives.

Won't be that far for me friday morning.

Ice up the beer and hide your women!

Comment

have we a running total of the people planning to be with us yet ?
                  '82 xj1100 17k miles
                  '82 XJ1100 30k miles
                  '82 XJ1100 90k miles <stuck in 2nd gear>

Comment

Looks like 12 with nutwister.
                    XJ1100 Ruby Red
                    XS1100LH "Midnight"
                    1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Allow me to introduce;

Originally posted by cruiser View Post
                      Great Vincer,
                      Eldr is coming also.

One week to go.....
                      I am out. I will not be attendingg this rally. I will miss Y'all. Please allow me to introduce Eldr. I have ridden with him at severqal XSeast & XSnorth rallys. He is XSive and has a well ridden & dresssed standard XS11. Last time I rode with him he had a new yamaha Venture. He is quiet and wears Suspenders like a fireman. I think he is a hero.

Short ride & wrench report. On the XSNorth Sunday afternoon ride, I broke a clutch cable somewhere in central Ontario. He found the phone number for the HD shop in Barrie. I verified that they had the part I needed. After a tough ride in heavy holiday traffic with requested guidance from a HD rider, he arrived at the HD dealer just after closing time. He found someto popen the shop, turn off alarms call in the parts or service manager. He returned with the needed cable AND the gasket & oil to needed refil Trans. Repair in Motel parking lot was finished just before dark. Ready for earl start & 600 mile day, arriving on in PA monday night Several in that group had work & apointments scheduled. If not for Eldr I would have "Missed the boat". A days delay would have certainly cost me dearly.

I showed off one of my Lost in IL T-shirts. Told him you were a great bunch of guys...Please welcome him as you would me.
                      It is a great big beautiful world out there
                      Brent in GA
                      Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

We'll miss you Brent and welcome Eldr. Rib'n him about riding a Venture won't be as much fun as rib'n you about a Harley, which broke down again. LOL

Funny part of it is, I just bought a new clutch cable, for the XS, a few days ago. Plan to put it on before I go. The old one still works, thinking about carring it at a spare.
                        #1 ’79 XS11 Special
                        #2 ’79 XS11 Special
                        '97 V-Max
                        '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

Wish you were able to make this rally Brent.
                          DragonTamer is bringing the “mother of all” cheese curds only available to a select few. We'll give you a report and see about order forms.

ELDR will be in good hands. We’ve exchanged a bunch of messages over the last week so the only decision he has left to make is which of 3 different routes to get here.

If I’ve missed sending anyone my address PM me.
                          XJ1100 Ruby Red
                          XS1100LH "Midnight"
                          1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Still plan to be there, but I may be loud.

Had the rear tire changed by a shop in Hartford and they managed to break the exhaust at the joint between the pipe and the muffler. Muffler has to come off to replace the tire.

Found a short piece of pipe I may be able to fit in the pipe and into the muffler, but its still going to leak but hopefully less loud.

Local shops don't seem interested in welding a new piece on. Will have to wait until I get home.

Ted

Comment

If your interested I have access to a wire feed welder. If you know of anything else you might need to repair it let me know. We have a few days to track down what you need and can repair it at my place.
                              This is the Venture right?
                              Have local Yama dealer here if that's any help.

Let me know.
                              Have a safe ride here, see you Friday.
                              XJ1100 Ruby Red
                              XS1100LH "Midnight"
                              1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

if you need a good welder my brother is a good one, Mig or TIG.
                                Let me know if would like it welded up. just keep in mind that any welding is going to burn and discolor the chrome.

cruiser has my number, i'll be offline till monday.
                                call my cell if you want it set up.
                                i work nights so i'll be sleeping till 1pm thursday then making a run to plainview mn to pick-up parts for the ninja, (i'm still trying to talk my wife into coming)

like i said if i can help let me know.

Peter

and as far as loud.... don't worry about that... we would have a hard time hearing a leak over my obnoxious harley mufflers.
                                Last edited by MindWebs; 08-05-2010, 02:41 AM.
                                1979 XS1100SF Special.78 E motor/carbs, Jardine 4-2 exhaust, XS Green coils, Corbin seat, S.S. Brake lines, Hard cases, Heated grips.
                                1981 Yamaha XJ750RH Seca (War Pig) XS11S front end and rear swingarm with 17" rim, 20mm ammo box saddle boxes, HID headlight, LED aux lights, Heated grips & seat, Bark busters, Harley 12" shocks, S.S. brake lines, oil cooler

PW50, PW80, YZ80(mine? what the??? Brrap OH...)

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

Comment

Working...
                                X