Comment

The bike today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2705A.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	881964

Comment

that's awesome! What exhaust and what windshield is that if you don't mind me asking?
        Yamahas: 1979 XS1100F
        Past Yamahas: 1978 XS1100E, 1976 XS500C

Comment

Originally posted by DEEBS11 View Post
          I run a stock 1980 motor out of this bike.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN3890.JPG Views:	3 Size:	198.9 KB ID:	881960
          I'd try to find a couple of polished metal cannisters of some sort such as fire extinguishers and rig those up to hold gas, or perhaps an old six gallon gas tank used for outboard motors.
          1980 XS1100G

I identify as a man but according to the label on a package of Stauffers Baked Lasagne I'm actually a family of four!

Comment

Originally posted by gtem View Post
            that's awesome! What exhaust and what windshield is that if you don't mind me asking?
            The exhaust is a MAC 2 into 1 + 2 into 1. Great access to the oil filter and the cam chain tensioner. Relatively quiet but throaty. The windshield is a National that I picked up used for $10.00 at a swap meet.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/33561373696...Bk9SR-DSj9jTZA

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post

I'd try to find a couple of polished metal cannisters of some sort such as fire extinguishers and rig those up to hold gas, or perhaps an old six gallon gas tank used for outboard motors.
              LAB3, this bike did, in fact, have two fire extinguishers for gas tanks. They were so horribly constructed with RTV glued-in fittings that I tossed them before the photo shoot. This guy was a Hack Master with very limited talent. But I can't complain because I got the bike for free. With a title. Great motor and tranny. Also used the carbs after rebuilding. I now travel the earth with equipment that was once dead.

Comment

The MACs. Rare pipe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0317.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	182.0 KB
ID:	881970

Comment

Working...
                X