Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to Japanese, need help with vin info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DEEBS11 View Post
    ....or removing the muffler and revving the bike at every stop sign.
    There's a guy a couple of campsites away who seems to believe he needs to do this daily, starts his unbaffled HD up and revs it for a minute or two and never goes anywhere. Yesterday I said to him "When are you going to grow up and put some mufflers on that thing?"

Being 6'4" with an athletic build has it's advantages!
    1980 XS1100G

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Be careful my friend, people got weapons. Just like in the old west.

Comment

Harley riders like to blip the throttle. I guess it makes them feel good...or maybe they think they need to keep it from dying at idle...or maybe they want more attention?
        -Mike
        _________
        '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
        '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
        '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
        '79 XS750SF 17k miles
        '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
        '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
        '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Mike, The Simpsons did an episode about Harley riders. Yes, it WAS all about the "look at me" thing.
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG
          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Originally posted by Radioguylogs View Post
            Harley riders like to blip the throttle. I guess it makes them feel good...or maybe they think they need to keep it from dying at idle...or maybe they want more attention?
            Harley riders, and yes I own two along with my 3 MNS's blip the throttle to be heard. With more and more distracted drivers on the road being loud has it's advantages. I do not however believe in disturbing the peace that early in the morning. On my new 2022 Road Glide Limited I purposely bought quieter pipes. The reason was because when I am riding that road warrior I like to listen to music through my headsets in my helmet.
            2 - 80 LGs bought one new
            81 LH
            02 FXSTB Nighttrain
            22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
            Jim

Comment

Well, this was one of the stranger conversations I've read in a while.

So, it was a crazy day. In the last few days my schedule has been changed several times. Last week I was scheduled for PA on the 28th, last night it changed to PA on the 1st, this morning it changed to Northern CA but now on the 28th again... then today they attempted to get me to DRIVE to the bay area tomorrow! Ha ha... for now, I'm on standby until they need me. In light of all this, I'm going to step away from the shop since I buttoned her up and I don't want to leave parts all over the place. I'm going to be out for at least a couple of weeks. My plan is to time my trip so that I can order parts approximately a week from me coming back so that I'll be here to receive them. I've made a list of the parts you guys listed (Thanks Deebs11). Disassembly is going to continue when I return, and I will be cleaning up the pieces and get everything ready for reassembly. While I have that going on, I'll be focusing on the final drive and rear wheel. I'm going to also get with the shop that powder coats our equipment and see about throwing powder coat on the frame. But that's for the future. While I'm out, I'll have something to look forward to. Thanks again for all the input so far guys, and don't forget about my little thread. Click image for larger version

Name:	20240325_154447.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	209.8 KB
ID:	878611

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipDmsxQVxIM

Click image for larger version

Name:	Opera Snapshot_2024-03-26_035143_www.youtube.com.png
Views:	65
Size:	328.4 KB
ID:	878614

Comment

I love that Karmann Ghia. I had one with a gas heater in it.

Name:	heat.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	252.6 KB
ID:	878616
                  Last edited by DEEBS11; 03-26-2024, 02:14 AM.

Comment

DEEBS11 yeah, Ghias are the poop. I have two convertibles and I love 'em. This one is named "Lil Bitch" She's a 74 Vert with a 1776 cc motor. Nothing fancy, just a nice project car that I got because I wanted it. My 67 convertible is the first one I ever got and I named him "Lil Bastard". He's a longer more involved project and I'm hoping to one day build a big enough shop where I can park them side by side along with all my other rides. That heater setup in your Ghia looks pretty cool. Being how this is the Southwest, the regular 'ol heating in the car is usually enough for me and, honestly, I do have other more comfortable rides that I use when I need to. I'm constantly working on my projects so they keep me busy and there's never a sure way to know which one will be undriveable at any given time. The Bitch is parked for now because she developed a tear by the rear window so now I'm toying with the idea of building a fiberglass top that I can design myself in order to build it for this one and the Bastard. I also dabble in leather and have been wanting to redo the dash and interior panels in hand stitched leather. But that's a project for another day. She is drivable but I only take her out on nice days, at least for the time being.

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12094410786...Bk9SR8TAkZPRYw

Name:	s-l1600 (11).jpg
Views:	38
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	878683

Comment

Working...
                      X