No announcement yet.

And It Begins ... again :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With all the pics I'm surprised prom hasn't submitted his observations.

I glad to see that you have the same mandatory landscaping accesory as I,.....hockey net.
    Ernie
    79XS1100SF (no longer naked, now a bagger)
    (Improving with age, the bike that is)

Comment

That's not mine and nothing would make me happier then to see it GONE. The guy next door has 2 kids who get bored very quickly when playing in the lane way and then they take to hacking around with no purpose to the activity. The end result is that I can't even park my bikes in my own attached lane way unless I want to see them damaged by uncontrolled hockey sticks and poorly shot road hockey balls.
      They don't play in the street or at the park like we used too... They play right in the lane way with no regard for anything. i must admit however that since I got my new Jeep they have not be playing at all. Perhaps after they broke their own window and both front porch well I guess lights ... enough was enough even for their dad.
      Rob
      KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
      1978 XS500E
      1979 XS1100F Restored
      1980 XS1100 SG
      1981 Suzuki GS1100
      1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
      1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Perhaps after they broke their own window and both front porch well I guess lights ... enough was enough even for their dad.
        LOL

Mine and his friends play in the middle of the road like the rule book says!! CAR!
        Ernie

Comment

When I was that age we also played in the street and even then we were careful of other peoples property. No slap shots off front lawns or hacking around in their scrubs looking for balls. In any case it seems that the average kid these days has no idea about respecting stuff. Just the other day they were hacking around and busting their goal keepers sticks off the pavement. **** ... those sticks must cost at lease 30 to 50 bucks a pop. If they were my kids I would let them do it and then NOT REPLACE them the following year. Want a new stick ... go buy one ...
          Rob

1978 XS1100E Modified
          1978 XS500E
          1979 XS1100F Restored
          1980 XS1100 SG
          1981 Suzuki GS1100
          1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

My kid has to buy his own sticks (with his christmas money). I bought him a couple of the cheap wood ones but he wanted composites. He waited till they were on sale and still had to fork out $80 for the one he wanted. He went to give me the $80 to buy it but I told him I needed another $11.18. "What for Dad? It says 79.99" ...."Taxes boy, taxes"
            Wish Harper could see a 9 year old's face when he has to fork out another 14% (now 13%) for no apparent (to him) reason.

BTW he knows better then to play road hockey with his composites (they are for ice only) so now he has no problems using the $9.99 wooden ones.
            Ernie

Comment

Well then your doing good by him. He will understand the value of the things he has and not take them for granted.
              Rob

1978 XS1100E Modified
              1978 XS500E
              1979 XS1100F Restored
              1980 XS1100 SG
              1981 Suzuki GS1100
              1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

It Continues

The complete performance clutch and rotor are now installed. That clutch cover is not machine buffed. It is hand buffed with only about 20 minutes of my time invested. Hard to believe that this engine was bough on e-Bay from a metal scraper eh ...
                Rob

1978 XS1100E Modified
                1978 XS500E
                1979 XS1100F Restored
                1980 XS1100 SG
                1981 Suzuki GS1100
                1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

niiiiiice, rob!
                  Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Shiny

Wow that looks great amazing what elbow grease will do what style clutch are you using now?

John
                    79 XS1100SF 750 FD,Galfer Brake lines,ebc brake pads,Cross Drilled Rotors,TKat fork brace,bead blasted wheels repainted and polished
                    80 XS1100 S Project gonna be a hot rod
                    06 CBR1000RR sold!!!!!
                    2000 Concours
                    84 Kawi KLR600
                    79 Yam XT500 Ouch it kicks back
                    79 XR250
                    Why is it that the smallest part can fly to the farthest part of the shop?
                    John

Comment

WOW, Rob ...

I watched as you did the Standard restoration and enjoyed every picture and word of it. And now you're treating us to another cool build .... looks great so far .... love it!!

BTW, sorry I lost track, when you exchanged the upper and lower motor mounts on your F, did it cure the buzzing that was troubling you?

What are you gonna' do for carbs and exhaust on the hot rod or is that a secret ?
                      80G Mini-bagger
                      VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
                      79SF eventually dismantled for parts
                      79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
                      79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
                      79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

That looks incredible!!
                        If they start out that way at the factory, I cant believe they dont just leave them like that.
                        Thanks for posting those pics. Cant wait to see it on the frame!
                        Jon
                        '80 XS11 SG "My Serenity"

Comment

Re: WOW, Rob ...

Originally posted by thewiz
                          I watched as you did the Standard restoration and enjoyed every picture and word of it. And now you're treating us to another cool build .... looks great so far .... love it!!

BTW, sorry I lost track, when you exchanged the upper and lower motor mounts on your F, did it cure the buzzing that was troubling you?

What are you gonna' do for carbs and exhaust on the hot rod or is that a secret ?
                          No secrets here ... The exhaust will be gloss black Kerker 4 into 1. Carbs will start as stock units with pods and Dial-A-Jet setup. That will be until I get my Gixer carbs cleaned and set up for her.
                          On the other bike i did not change out the engine mounts. I would have to pull to much off to raise the engine that much so I installed large O-rings between the upper mounts and the frame. It took care of about 50% of the problem.
                          Rob

1978 XS1100E Modified
                          1978 XS500E
                          1979 XS1100F Restored
                          1980 XS1100 SG
                          1981 Suzuki GS1100
                          1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Originally posted by silverarrow1970
                            That looks incredible!!
                            If they start out that way at the factory, I cant believe they dont just leave them like that.
                            Thanks for posting those pics. Cant wait to see it on the frame!
                            They paint then so as to not have to pay to have the raw alloy cases buffed like that.
                            Rob

1978 XS1100E Modified
                            1978 XS500E
                            1979 XS1100F Restored
                            1980 XS1100 SG
                            1981 Suzuki GS1100
                            1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

More progress

So I got the Generator rebuilt and installed this morning. That took some time to do as I had to replace the heat shrink tubing on the harness from that unit. I also got the carb boots and carbs installed. I will do the trany and timing this afternoon.
                              And YES for those who are wondering ... the engine carbs and all will slide right into the frame.
                              Rob

1978 XS1100E Modified
                              1978 XS500E
                              1979 XS1100F Restored
                              1980 XS1100 SG
                              1981 Suzuki GS1100
                              1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Looks spectacular!!!!!

Whatcha got hanging off the float drains?

I like the plumbing with the inline filters, guess no octi on this build.

Those 80 caps on 78 carbs? Or just 78's really, really polished?
                                Ernie

Comment

Working...
                                X