No announcement yet.

Who's the XS11.com moderator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to join up with the XS650 guys? And have a place within that?

I don't have any ideas but that's a pretty good website to be able to lock down for a name.
    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

yamahaxs.com

Somebody started one already. http://yamahaxs.com

The Yamaha Triple site went the way ours is going. The forum did what ours seems to be doing. It's gone.

Someone has tried to revive the group on a new forum. It's not getting traction. It has a four cylinder section. Please join me over there and see if we can get it going. If this comes back, that's great. If not, we have something to build on.

We have Vintage Yamaha Rally 2019 promoted there already, although I think no one from there showed up.

XS650 group doesn't need help. They have several forums and a lot of participation. A different bike on XS650.com won't likely be given a permanent home.
      Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

I would second the motion for an update from the folks that were making the arrangements with the owner of the site.

How's everything going?
        Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

I'm glad to see there was some interest in reviving this site. Like Nate, I'd mostly given up on it.

For me, transferring the posts and threads is only part of the problem because anything but text has to be linked to another site.

I've gone through:
          Yahoo Photos
          Flickr when Yahoo dumped Photos
          Photobucket (free) when Flickr went away
          Photobucket (subscription) when they stopped free hosting

Now my Photobucket subscription has expired so I'm using imgur for now but who knows how long that will last before bandwidth kills them like it has every other hosting site.

Facebook is annoying and it's a huge time sink but I can post images and video without worrying about an offsite host or trying to relink links that were made over a decade ago.
          It's like a 180 degree flip for the old "keep text thread/lose media" problem with this site, Facebook is "keep media/unthreaded text" which is almost as bad as just losing the text.

I hate Facebook with a purple passion.

I love my XS and XJ and but thinking of linking everything all over again for a new incarnation of XS11 dot com fills me with enough ennui to keep away the heebie-jeebies.

Money... I've donated to the XS11 site and the money just disappears with no thank you, hello, KMABB. Nothing.

I'm tired, man, what do you guys want to do?
          I went for a ride.
          -- Scott
          _____
          ♬
          2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
          1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
          1979 XS1100F: parts
          2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.
          ♬

Comment

Guys really took the bull by the horns there for a little bit, I think the site license expires the end of this year or end of 2021?

Looking forward to any update from anybody that was involved with all that good work.
            Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
              Guys really took the bull by the horns there for a little bit, I think the site license expires the end of this year or end of 2021?

Looking forward to any update from anybody that was involved with all that good work.
              Hi Bonz,
              Domain name is secure with JP (original owner) through 2024.
              Meetings happened between the "new' crew and JP and contact was made with the previous guy who willingly handed it off.
              Then nothing .......

Phil
              1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
              1983 XJ 650 Maxim
              2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

I hope they are doing ok, maybe won't hear much from them with what's going on in the world if they are being negatively affected.

2024 is a good amount out of time for this thing to keep working out.

With that said it is nice to have some communication or a check in. I hope they find their way here and can give an update.
                Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Yes, it is good to see something.

I'm totally bummed for T.C. and I hope he 's alright. Rough times.
                  -- Scott
                  _____
                  ♬
                  2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                  1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                  1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                  1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                  1979 XS1100F: parts
                  2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.
                  ♬

Comment

Wow

Loggin on tonight and I see a whole bunch of new posts.

This is great to see!

Brian
                    '78 XS1100E (the newest bike I've ever owned)
                    '74 CB350F1 (under restoration)
                    '72 RT2 MX360 (gone but not forgotten)

Comment

• My access has been intermittent this week.

It has been reliable for me in the past.

Make me worry, because I watched the lights flicker on the Triples site as it gradually went dark permanently.
                      -Mike
                      _________
                      '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
                      '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
                      '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
                      '79 XS750SF 17k miles
                      '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
                      '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
                      '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

• I visit daily and there are always more visitors than members logged on if there was every any doubt that this site is useful.
                        Let us hope all is well and the individuals doing the transfer are well.

Phil
                        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• That's about as accurate and positive of a reply as a man could make. Nice Phil.
                          Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Upgrade Progress

The site upgrade is progressing. It took a while to get all the required information, and it took even longer for me to find the time to troubleshoot the upgrade process. The forum has been successfully migrated to vBulletin5 on a test server. I wanted to report back here because this is the thread most people are looking at. I will be posting a more comprehensive report the Feature Testing forum shortly. Rest assured, nothing will stop this glacier!
                            '80 XS Special
                            JonathanKnez@hotmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by nezzer View Post
                              The site upgrade is progressing. It took a while to get all the required information, and it took even longer for me to find the time to troubleshoot the upgrade process. The forum has been successfully migrated to vBulletin5 on a test server. I wanted to report back here because this is the thread most people are looking at. I will be posting a more comprehensive report the Feature Testing forum shortly. Rest assured, nothing will stop this glacier!
                              Anything we should/could do OR not do to help in this?
                              ---
                              Marko
                              '81 SH

Comment

• Let us know if you need guinea pigs to test stuff.

This is such wonderful news!
                                Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Working...
                                X