Who's the XS11.com moderator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Year 2020

Happy New Year to all of us XSives! I am certainly glad to hear the news that the site is being rescued. Hope the process goes well. Friends, information, and resurrected bikes have all been made possible by this site. Looking forward to the 2020 XS11.COM.

Mike
    1981 XS1100H Venturer
    K&N Air Filter
    ACCT
    Custom Paint by Deitz
    Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
    Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
    Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
    Stebel Nautilus Horn
    EBC Front Rotors
    Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

I am happy to work with anyone to keep xs11.com going. I just reached out to TopCat and Dudenatz on the next steps.
      '80 XS Special
      JonathanKnez@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
        As for me, I prefer to limit my FB time. It can be a huge time waster. For help with a bike, this format is far better. On FB, the same questions have to be answered day after day. I just dropped out of about 25 motorcycle groups and unloading that mess feels pretty good!
        Marty, I'm with you on that. I've stepped away from FB altogether, and am very glad to have done so. It just sucks you in....

I've passed along direct contact info to all the parties involved in the upgrade, from Admin on, and offered my assistance on anything they should need. At this point I'm going to take a step back to being just another XSive, and let the real minds get to work on the issue. Just so you know, I've not come into possession of any critical access info, I just offered to pass it along should the need arise. Now that Nezzer/TC/Mike should be in contact, my offer is moot.

I do hope that all of you had a good holiday celebration, and I look forward to the opportunity to meet some of you in person and share some riding time, hopefully. We'll see what the future brings. With a little luck, and some hard work by Nezzer, with help from TC and Mike, it'll bring us an up-to-date site that can add new members and post pics and all that good stuff! Here's to a prosperous, ride-filled, and safe New Year for us all.

Best Regards

-Jon-
        1981 XS1100LH MNS #103 ("Dark Side")
        Yamaha "Mini Cruiser" Windscreen, K & N filters, Iridium Plugs, ATK Fork Brace, LED T.S. Conversion, Bridgestone S11 Spitfires.
        Otherwise all original, definitely a Survivor.
        Previous:
        1981 XS850LH MNS (R.I.P. 1983), 1982 XJ650 SECA TURBO, 1983 XJ650 SECA TURBO
        Cage:
        2K2 TB

"Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak."

Comment

Originally posted by Dudenatz View Post

I've passed along direct contact info to all the parties involved in the upgrade, from Admin on, and offered my assistance on anything they should need. At this point I'm going to take a step back to being just another XSive, and let the real minds get to work on the issue.
          Best Regards
          Jon,
          Your participation in this project has been essential. While many of us, myself included, were openly lamenting the loss of a great forum, you got up and did something about it. On behalf of all of us, I thank you! I believe you have made all the difference in making this happen, regardless the end result.

I also thank the rest of you who are picking up the reigns and moving us forward. A site like this goes a long way toward keeping our hobby going.

Best wishes to all for the coming year!
          Marty (in Mississippi)
          XS1100SG
          XS650SK
          XS650SH
          XS650G
          XS6502F
          XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
            Jon,
            Your participation in this project has been essential. While many of us, myself included, were openly lamenting the loss of a great forum, you got up and did something about it. On behalf of all of us, I thank you! I believe you have made all the difference in making this happen, regardless the end result.

I also thank the rest of you who are picking up the reigns and moving us forward. A site like this goes a long way toward keeping our hobby going.

Best wishes to all for the coming year!
            You're very welcome. I will say that my motives were partially selfish, as I benefit from having all of you and this information as my primary online reference for maintaining my Midnight. All in all, I just wanted to help. That's what we're all about here, isn't it?
            And like you said, thanks to the IT wizards that are going to make this happen

Regards

-Jon-
            Yamaha "Mini Cruiser" Windscreen, K & N filters, Iridium Plugs, ATK Fork Brace, LED T.S. Conversion, Bridgestone S11 Spitfires.
            Previous:
            Cage:
            2K2 TB

"Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak."

Comment

Jon- You're awesome. Thank you!
              1979 XS1100F
              2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                Jon- You're awesome. Thank you!
                Yepper. I appreciate it.

Regards

-Jon-
                Previous:
                Cage:
                2K2 TB

Comment

I can help!

I'm happy to hear the site upgrade is making progress again! If you need a hand on the tech side of things with this upgrade, let me know.

When configuring/testing the upgrade please make sure that url's to old posts do not change, or at least forward to the correct place. This is an all-to-common mistake with upgrades/migrations and could be a deadly mistake for this site... Image if every single link you've ever posted, or saved no longer worked! Not to mention that links to old content in google searches would no longer work either.
                  80 SG Canada

Comment

Originally posted by dansmith65 View Post
                    I'm happy to hear the site upgrade is making progress again! If you need a hand on the tech side of things with this upgrade, let me know.

When configuring/testing the upgrade please make sure that url's to old posts do not change, or at least forward to the correct place. This is an all-to-common mistake with upgrades/migrations and could be a deadly mistake for this site... Image if every single link you've ever posted, or saved no longer worked! Not to mention that links to old content in google searches would no longer work either.
                    Great! Thanks for offering your assistance. It would surely suck to lose any links or info that has been a long time in the making. I might suggest you contact Jonathan Knez, who's handle on here is nezzer. He is the software engineer handling the upgrade. He has a few posts in this thread, and you can link from there. I'm sure it's an arduous process, and he might be grateful for the help.
                    Once again, Thank You!

Regards

-Jon-
                    Previous:
                    Cage:
                    2K2 TB

Comment

So happy to see that this forum will live on into 2020!

It is such a wonderful resource for these old vintage bikes and it would be a down right shame to loose any of the accumulated data collected here.

Thanks goes out to Dudenatz, Nezzer, and everybody else who have offered to make the upgrade happen. We all appreciate your expertise and willingness to take on such a project!
                      1979 XS1100SF
                      Original Owner-purchased January 1980

Comment

Handoff

Hi All,

Sorry I had to drop the ball on the upgrade project.
                        I'm in the middle of job search, divorce and relocation so my time and attention remains fragmented.

I have sent info to nezzer about research, access and etc which I had done prior for the site upgrade.

I can advise/consult in a minor capacity if needed.

Again my apologies.

Mike
                        aka ekiM
                        1980 XS1100 Standard (G)
                        Original Owner
                        Stock plus:
                        K&N air filter, Supertrapp 4x1, Techna-fit SS brake lines, TC Fuse Block, TKAT Fork Brace
                        ...dirt and grime from several states.
                        -------------------
                        2011 FJR1300
                        1978 SR500

Comment

We all get it, life happens. Still it would have been nice to hear something a bit sooner than after everyone else tracked this stuff down. Just saying.
                          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Sorry I didn't meet your expectations.
                            1980 XS1100 Standard (G)
                            Original Owner
                            Stock plus:
                            K&N air filter, Supertrapp 4x1, Techna-fit SS brake lines, TC Fuse Block, TKAT Fork Brace
                            ...dirt and grime from several states.
                            -------------------
                            2011 FJR1300
                            1978 SR500

Comment

Like I said life happens. Folks spent a lot of time trying to figure stuff out when the answers are right there and folks with responsibility in their hands and the information just stayed away.
                              Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Mike, I DID know what you were going through, and it was also TC getting sucker-punched at the same time that was the problem.
                                I'm not going to blame anyone, as we are all getting older, and big things become small sometimes.
                                Not sure how you are doing now, but I'm now in Star, ID instead of Aptos, CA. Big shift for me, but it's affordable on my retirement.
                                Hope things are getting together for you!
                                Ray Matteis
                                KE6NHG
                                XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                                XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Working...
                                X