Who's the XS11.com moderator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update:
    I just got off the phone with Mike, the software tech handling the upgrade. He explained his situation, and said that he'd be willing to hand-off the upgrading of the site to an appropriate person, pending approval from the owner. I'll give him a call to get his go-ahead and try to facilitate the "passing of the torch", so to speak. Stay tuned.

Regards

-Jon-
    1981 XS1100LH MNS #103 ("Dark Side")
    Yamaha "Mini Cruiser" Windscreen, K & N filters, Iridium Plugs, ATK Fork Brace, LED T.S. Conversion, Bridgestone S11 Spitfires.
    Otherwise all original, definitely a Survivor.
    Previous:
    1981 XS850LH MNS (R.I.P. 1983), 1982 XJ650 SECA TURBO, 1983 XJ650 SECA TURBO
    Cage:
    2K2 TB

"Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak."

Comment

Amazing that you are following-up on this. Thank you, and lets hope that the site will continue!!!
      1979 XS1100 Special - On the Road https://xs11.club/core/images/smilies/smile.png
      1973 RD350 - In the Shed https://xs11.club/core/images/smilies/frown.png

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
        Amazing that you are following-up on this. Thank you, and lets hope that the site will continue!!!
        Not amazing, just trying to help. You're very welcome, and Amen to that!

Update #2: I just got off the phone with the owner, JP, and he has given his blessing and permission to Mike to pass along access permissions to myself and Nezzer, and I expect that Nezzer will change those, as I have no need for that kind of access.
        It should be noted that JP has been completely forthcoming with the information we need, and he did his part to see that the upgrade was done. He did state that he has been keeping up with the fees to keep the site up out of his own pocket, but that it was an expense he'd rather not have. I, for one, am willing to contribute $ to that end, so I suggest we use one of Nezzer's suggestions and set up a go-fund-me account or similar so that we can start paying the upkeep fees. I'm not familiar with that process, so once again, I'll look to Nezzer for guidance. I'll PM Nezzer again, to get his contact info so that he can receive the access information.
        I hope this post gives all of you hope for the future of this site, talking to JP and Mike sure made my day a whole lot better. Blessings to you all for the upcoming new year.

Regards

-Jon-
        1981 XS1100LH MNS #103 ("Dark Side")
        Yamaha "Mini Cruiser" Windscreen, K & N filters, Iridium Plugs, ATK Fork Brace, LED T.S. Conversion, Bridgestone S11 Spitfires.
        Otherwise all original, definitely a Survivor.
        Previous:
        1981 XS850LH MNS (R.I.P. 1983), 1982 XJ650 SECA TURBO, 1983 XJ650 SECA TURBO
        Cage:
        2K2 TB

"Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak."

Comment

Many, if not most of these sites run an advertising banner, or several to offset the cost of having the site. As far as I'm concerned, if it helps to keep this thing alive, I'm all for running the banner, or whatever it is they do.
          Marty (in Mississippi)
          XS1100SG
          XS650SK
          XS650SH
          XS650G
          XS6502F
          XS650E

Comment

This is awesome. I thought this site was done. Thank you to all. I have no idea how to do that stuff. I will be happy to contribute funds.
            79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
            79 SF parts bike.

Comment

Excellent news..Hope is eternal!!! On sites like XS650.com they have adverts but if you are a paying member then the adverts are less intrusive...but still there. I could see contributing to the financial cost of running and keeping this forum up to speed..and preserving all the valuable know how that is here....I think that is an excelleent prospect for the new year!
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Awesome! I'd really love to push for membership on Kat's FB page. Probs won't get the young, but could bring others back.
                1979 XS1100F
                2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

I have given TC a heads up..hopefully he will weigh in himself soon...
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                    Awesome! I'd really love to push for membership on Kat's FB page. Probs won't get the young, but could bring others back.
                    +1 on that
                    I know there have been several people there trying to get in over here.

A big thank you to those working on keeping this site going!
                    Happy New Year all!
                    81 SH Something Special
                    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                    80 LG Black Magic
                    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                    For those on FB

Comment

Happy New Year, Kat.
                      1979 XS1100F
                      2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                        It might be good to have a subscription to both places, in order to keep the core group connected and grow both. As for me, I prefer to limit my FB time. It can be a huge time waster. For help with a bike, this format is far better. On FB, the same questions have to be answered day after day. I just dropped out of about 25 motorcycle groups and unloading that mess feels pretty good!
                        Marty (in Mississippi)
                        XS1100SG
                        XS650SK
                        XS650SH
                        XS650G
                        XS6502F
                        XS650E

Comment

As for me, I prefer to limit my FB time. It can be a huge time waster.
                          What is this facebook thing?? If you are talking about the site with NO SECURITY that steals all your info to sell, then I can say I've NOT been a part of that for a few years.
                          I try to keep all my bike info here, but it has been hard as of late. I just need to start working on my site so I can post photos, once I get back to work on the bikes.
                          Kat, I do hope you and John have a great 2020, with no more medical hiccups for any of us!
                          Ray Matteis
                          KE6NHG
                          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Happy New Year everybody.

Well, took me a little while to be able to log back in, my old laptop had died, and had trouble getting past the Vbulletin Log In Error, but figured it out.

Okay, was surprised to see the comments from JP about Mike/Database guru being the last person to contact him regarding getting the site back up and running!?

About a month or so ago a fellow/IT guy Named Ron Lyman contacted me via email regarding getting the site fixed, gave him JP's contact info, and contacted JP/Sent FB PM regarding Ron trying to contact him. I provided Ron with a bunch of the old emails between me, Mike, JP regarding the steps/processes we were going through to get the site fixed. Yes, MIKE went through a DIVORCE, selling house, moving, etc. and as has been recently found, apparently is willing/able to hand the rebuild reins over to Dudenatz/Nezzer, and that's great.

As I've said from the beginning of my housekeeping duties on this site some 15 years ago IIRC, I'm not an IT GUY, just an XS11 enthusiast that otherwise had NO stressing home life and so had time to monitor the site essentially every day/night. As was stated by BNE, when the database/software broke preventing NEW MEMBER registration, I registered new applicants by recycling old unused/inactive accounts, until the software lost it's compatibility with the newer hardware versions of PHP of the new servers that finally broke the functionality of the site so that I could NOT perform ANY admin functions at all, register new members, reset passwords, etc.!!

After Mike dropped out at the beginning of this now last year, that was about it as far as my involvement since I was unable to do anything to help the existing members or new applicants! And then as was eluded to, several LIFE events started taking higher preferences, ie. wife with Oral Cancer, multiple surgeries, my mom with ever worsening DEMENTIA that lives with me and I have to provide care for as well, and my job, loosing 2 of our 3 doctor's from the practice, working to keep my job active and such.

I have not addressed the PM's here on Channel 11, just wanted to post publicly to let you know my side of the story, what I was and wasn't able to do,etc..

The funds that were raised last year went towards both paying for the upgrade vBulletin license, as well as general payment of operating fees since as was stated, JP was paying out of pocket to keep it going at least on life support, regrettably because of the site being non-functioning, no new members were able to join, and therefore were not able/willing to donate via the PayPal applet towards the general upkeep of the site. SO...yes, I, too believe that the site could have some/few advertising banners/links for several of the websites/merchants that provide services/parts for the upkeep/fixing of these wonderful machines, and that could help provide for maintenance fees once the site is backup to fully functioning.

Okay, I'll shut up now and respond to the PM's to see what other assistance I can provide to the real IT guys to get this site fixed !
                            T. C. Gresham
                            81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                            79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                            History shows again and again,
                            How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Happy New Year

Hello All!

I will say that it was nice to see T.C. posting again.

Wishing everyone a safe New Year!
                              1979 XS110F, Stock
                              1980 XS1100G, Mostly Stock, gifted to my son.
                              2000 YZ 250, Sold
                              2002 YZ125, Sold
                              2009 Royal Star Venture
                              '94 Pontiac Trans Am, 25th Anniversary, For Sale

Ernie

Comment

Hellooooo TC! So good to see you post up! It feels like a Back to the Future moment...

Hang in there with all of the curveballs life's throwing at you and those around you. I can honestly say, with the dedication and knowledge stepping up and being persistent, "We got you on this".

Personally nothing does better for the soul than to see someone of your stature and duty post up and thank you for that.

Hope everyone's having a great start to the new year!
                                Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Working...
                                X