No announcement yet.

Who's the XS11.com moderator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I, for one, can very much relate to Mike's dilemma. Having recently agreed to a divorce, I now have that pre-occupying me, and at times life's curve-balls have me trippin' to the point where I just have to take a step back and disengage for a time. That being said, I think it's important to remember that the upgrade now appears to be back on track, and that all parties involved are communicating and cooperating, and we can look forward to an up-to-date site that still retains all the important information that was so long being accumulated. Nezzer mentioned to me that he might begin work this weekend, but since he's just getting started I don't expect an e.t.a. on the finished product until he's had time to evaluate the situation and plan his process. I'm sure he will update us all as events dictate.
    Yep, we are all getting older, and things change. But now we can pick up the pieces and put them back together. What's done is done, and in the past, which we know we can't change, only learn from it. I think one lesson we can glean from this is to have some redundancy in the hierarchy of the site. I understand having just one admin, but having a backup of sorts might be worth looking into. One of the senior moderators might fit the bill. Just a thought, I'm sure others will offer suggestions, as well.
    Hope you all have a good weekend!

Regards

-Jon-
    1981 XS1100LH MNS #103 ("Dark Side")
    Yamaha "Mini Cruiser" Windscreen, K & N filters, Iridium Plugs, ATK Fork Brace, LED T.S. Conversion, Bridgestone S11 Spitfires.
    Otherwise all original, definitely a Survivor.
    Previous:
    1981 XS850LH MNS (R.I.P. 1983), 1982 XJ650 SECA TURBO, 1983 XJ650 SECA TURBO
    Cage:
    2K2 TB

"Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak."

Comment

Everyone is speaking for T.C., but when is T.C. going to speak for himself?

Doesn't matter who the Admin is, as-long as the website works, site doesn't turn into a circus, and everybody respects each other.
      1979 XS1100F
      2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

See post #58 of this thread for T.C.'s post.
        I agree, this site is better than almost all others BECAUSE of the way we try to moderate it. That we will not change. It's just trying to get an up-to-date software package running that takes people who know how to do it, and have the passwords needed to get it done.
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Quick update for the group, I got some login information and started looking around the backend of the site. I believe I know what needs to be done, and have requested additional accounts/information from the relevant parties. It may be a month before all the required information is in hand, the upgrade is done, and we are ready to cut over to the upgraded site. I will post back to the forum for important events, otherwise, no news is good news.

I have been a member of this forum for a long time. I have been a member of other forums for just as long. What makes this forum special are the genuinely helpful members. Not all forums have that, and that makes this forum worth the work.
          '80 XS Special
          JonathanKnez@hotmail.com

Comment

Thanks nezzer for taking the few minutes to post that up and paint a picture of how things look to be progressing.
            Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Good news to hear, thanks Nezzer. On a not-so-good note, when I was just trying to post this reply, the site started hanging up with a database error. Maybe it's starting to give up the ghost.
              Does anyone know where a contribution would go when I click on the PayPal donate button on the home page? I'm ok with it going to the site owner, that's actually what I want, to help him cover his bill for monthly site fees. Please advise. TIA.

Regards

-Jon-
              Yamaha "Mini Cruiser" Windscreen, K & N filters, Iridium Plugs, ATK Fork Brace, LED T.S. Conversion, Bridgestone S11 Spitfires.
              Previous:
              Cage:
              2K2 TB

"Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak."

Comment

Originally posted by Dudenatz View Post
                Good news to hear, thanks Nezzer. On a not-so-good note, when I was just trying to post this reply, the site started hanging up with a database error. Maybe it's starting to give up the ghost.
                Does anyone know where a contribution would go when I click on the PayPal donate button on the home page? I'm ok with it going to the site owner, that's actually what I want, to help him cover his bill for monthly site fees. Please advise. TIA.

Regards
                It goes to JP who is the 11.com owner / webmaster. (that you called last month)
                FWIW, decided to test the links so I just donated $20 using the link on 11.com home page. Still works fine like it always has. Payment options for both PayPal and Credit Card but i've always donated to 11.com using the PayPal option as probably most XSives have over the years. Following PayPay the payment link still goes to JP at webmaster@xs11.com

So Great News that Neezer is willing and able to bring this upgrade from 2nd base to Home. THANKS

If we all donate a little then JP will have a steady stream of funds to pay the bills to keep the 'improved' site going.

The ability to once again Register NEW Members will be great so we can get back to a site about wrenching and riding XS/XJ 11's and other associated era Yamaha machines in the Other category. There certainly a lot of XS/XJ 1100 knowledge and experience that XSives are willing to share whether they are still riding or not. Those helpful Tips & Tricks members are willing to share sure make fixing an XS/XJ easier.

Jeff
                Last edited by JeffH; 01-13-2020, 08:28 AM.
                78' XS1100 E
                78' XS1100 E
                78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
                  It goes to JP who is the 11.com owner / webmaster. (that you called last month)
                  FWIW, decided to test the links so I just donated $20 using the link on 11.com home page. Still works fine like it always has. Payment options for both PayPal and Credit Card but i've always donated to 11.com using the PayPal option as probably most XSives have over the years. Following PayPay the payment link still goes to JP at webmaster@xs11.com

If we all donate a little then JP will have a steady stream of funds to pay the bills to keep the 'improved' site going.

Jeff
                  Thanks, Jeff.
                  I just pitched in an amount a nudge over that, just for the cause. We're gonna see this through. I can't wait until the "Newest Member" line says someone other than "FM-USA". He's been the newest member for a long while now, and I'm sure he'll appreciate no longer being the newbie.

Regards

-Jon-
                  Previous:
                  Cage:
                  2K2 TB

Comment

This is freaking amazing! I had all but given up in this site! I really was only checking in once every month or so.

This place used to very much be a social place to hang out and wasn't just about the bikes and that is what really made this place different from others, especially facebook. I would love to see this place to become that again!

Speaking of, I still have patches and the proceeds to go to the site!
                    Nathan
                    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                    K&N Filter
                    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                    OEM Exhaust
                    ATK Fork Brace
                    LED Dash lights
                    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                    SS Brake Lines
                    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

This is good thing that the site will stay active ,i come here off and on ,not a lot ,but ive been a member for like 10 yrs . Im glad some with more knowledge then me got it to work.

Comment

hosting plan

Would love to see a hosting plan upgrade to allow posting pictures. I know that was mentioned by Jetmarty in an earlier reply. Before everything is said and done and migrated it might be worth looking into with JP and TC to see what the roadblock was in years past. Many of the posts on here are still rather mucked up because of the Photobucket episode. Doesn't make the posts useless but like I always say a picture is worth a thousand words. I know by hosting pictures the storage costs go way up along with hosting fees. If everyone knew what the difference in those costs are up front then an educated decision could be made. I think everyone would agree that the pictures are needed.
                        2 - 80 LGs bought one new
                        81 LH
                        02 FXSTB Nighttrain
                        22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
                        Jim

Comment

It will be nice to see the site upgraded and the abilities restored to add new members. This has been a great DB of information for me for many years. I was glad to donate a little something not that long ago for all the work put into keeping it going.
                          Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

any updates?

Has there been any progress since last notice?
                            2 - 80 LGs bought one new
                            81 LH
                            02 FXSTB Nighttrain
                            22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
                            Jim

Comment

Any new news on this seemed like we had a full head of steam then silence.
                              There seem to always be a lot of guests on I bet new membership would really help.
                              82 XJ1100J
                              81 Venturer
                              Newly acquired Aches N Pains collection

Comment

Just checked for fun...

XS.com (maybe www.xs.com?) is available to my amazement.
                                Anyone willing to try to get all of XS's under a one roof?
                                ---
                                Marko
                                '81 SH

Comment

Working...
                                X