No announcement yet.

Where have all the guru's gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on guys, can we all just get over it and move on !?. Whats done is done, and constantly analysing and regurgitating it does no one any good. Time to let it go before this thread turns nasty like others have in the past.
    1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
    2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

"People lie"
      Dr House

It sounds like a bunch of sour grapes to me... Now we now just let this BS die out?

Geezer
      Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezer View Post
        "People lie"
        Dr House

It sounds like a bunch of sour grapes to me... Now we now just let this BS die out?

Geezer
        If you prefer to keep your head in the sand and accept the lies, then that is your choice. I have said my piece and don't really intend to keep rehashing it.
        I wouldn't be surprised if I am banned myself now that I have revealed that I am friends with those that have been banned recently.
        '82 XJ1100
        '07 Harley Nightster (SWMBO'S)

Comment

Let it go

They were banned, left, taken by aliens, whatever. It was stated the most all of them could come back if they want. That statement semed pretty clear and straight forward. There has been enough banning, accusations, smearing and in general unpleasentness. It's great that you are loyal to your friend. You aren't the only one around here that has been hurt by all of this. All this venom isn't going to change anything. Like Brian said there is no point regurgitating this over and over. If you keep bring it back up over and over it's just going to taste nasty.
          1979XS1100SF
          K&N's and drilled airbox
          Jardine 4in1
          Dunlop Elite 3's
          JBM slide diaphragms
          142.5 main jets
          45 pilot jets
          T.C.'s fusebox & SOFA
          750/850 FD mod.
          XV 920 Needle Mod.
          Mike's XS plastic floats set at 26mm
          Venture Cam Chain Tensioner

Comment

Originally posted by vincer View Post
            If you prefer to keep your head in the sand and accept the lies, then that is your choice. I have said my piece and don't really intend to keep rehashing it.
            I wouldn't be surprised if I am banned myself now that I have revealed that I am friends with those that have been banned recently.
            I think you're looking hard for trouble. Keep going this way and I'm sure you'll find it somewhere...

Geezer
            Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

I am so glad i bought another XS1100 and came back to these forums to talk about bikes.

Seeems to me that there is nothing here but a bunch of people that dont like others.

A Good ol Boy group.

Maybe there is a differant site to go to. I'll have to look around.
              Wow, one little pissing match takes over the entire forum.

Have fun if you can, and i hope you dont talk about this banning **** if i ever met you on a ride somewhere. Ill be the guy on the XS.

Comment

Like I stated before, I have said my piece and am done with it.
                '82 XJ1100
                '07 Harley Nightster (SWMBO'S)

Comment

I've been here all along and I missed it all. I guess the hot button area was not the place to be anyway. If I want a fight I'll talk to the wife. I'd like to keep it to xs's around here.
                  79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
                  80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
                  80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
                  79 DT 100

Comment

All of this crap will die down eventually. There is plenty of bitterness to go around. After a while, this site will be mostly about XS's. It will probably take the .org site a bit longer to settle down. I'm not sure what that will turn into. I just plan on gaining as much knowledge and info that I can from both sites to make my scoot the best I can make it. I've never met anyone from either site in person but I would like to attend a rally/ride when the bike is road worthy. Most of the guys/gals on here seem to be level-headed and people that I would enjoy meeting. I might even gain a friend or two.

The wound is still fresh. After a while, this mess will be more or less forgotten by most people and we will have 2 web sites with info on our bike of choice. I think that if people would just learn to relax and not get so upset over every little thing, we all would be a lot happier.
                    79 XS1100 SF - name TBD - possibly "Divorce Maker" Kerker 4 into 1, K&N filter in stock air box
                    79 XS1100 SF - parts (for now) - "Divorce Maker II"
                    79 XS1100 SF "The one that got away" sold in 1993.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezer View Post
                      I think you're looking hard for trouble. Keep going this way and I'm sure you'll find it somewhere...

Geezer
                      Yeah, it appears there's a few that are looking for that 'banned' badge so they can go back and say 'look, me too!' and be part of the 'in' crowd...

The most interesting part of all this is the fact that the 'mods' over there are pretty much all the same guys who had the most trouble with the rules here. So that tells me that there's essentially no rules over there, so that may end up degenerating into some real dogfights...

'78E original owner
                      Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
                      '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
                      '82 XJ rebuild project
                      '80SG restified, red SOLD
                      '79F parts...
                      '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
                      '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
                      '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
                      '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
                      Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
                      Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Originally posted by Rstyduck View Post
                        I am so glad i bought another XS1100 and came back to these forums to talk about bikes.

Seeems to me that there is nothing here but a bunch of people that dont like others.

A Good ol Boy group.

Maybe there is a differant site to go to. I'll have to look around.
                        Wow, one little pissing match takes over the entire forum.

Have fun if you can, and i hope you dont talk about this banning **** if i ever met you on a ride somewhere. Ill be the guy on the XS.
                        I think we are all getting a bit out of hand. I'm on both sites at the moment (I don't mean two browsers open but that I'm a member both places) and I figure in a little while it will die down on both sides, and some of them may even come back here, AND keep going over there.

I'm all about sharing info about these machines of ours, and I'm in active conversations on both sites about technical issues and fixes and troubleshooting.

One thing to remember, both sites have a section for general conversations that don't have anything to do with the XS, this thread is in the one on here. The other forum on here is for the technical stuff and is where I try really hard to stay on the topic of our bikes. This one here is kinda like the lounge, where pretty much any polite amicable conversion is ok.
                        Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
                        Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
                        Vetter Windjammer IV
                        Vetter hard bags & Trunk
                        OEM Luggage Rack
                        Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
                        Spade Fuse Box
                        Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
                        750 FD Mod
                        TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
                        XJ1100 Front Footpegs
                        XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Similar events led to the creation of XS11Plus and then Plus2, to which I belonged for quite a while. Internal conflicts and third-world style management led to Plus falling apart, then the advent of Plus2. There were occasional conflicts about politics, but the other vices were well tolerated, as in humor and naked women, two of my favorites. I left because it seemed to me to devolve into nothing but political rants by two or three members and quit being fun.

For that same reason, I only went into the HBT once. It looked like what was going on there was the same as Plus2, with firey political commentary and vicious defenses of whatever fringe position one might want to take, and aggressive denunciations of any who dare question those positions.

Since I avoided the HBT, I am not privy to all that went on and who was banned or why. I guess the bad blood has to be cleared out every few years with the firebrands splitting off to form their own clubs, and this forum moving back toward oil/tire/coil/won't start/runs rough-threads.

The Mods should have just moved the HBT to the "Other Bikes" forum, where it would have died, alone and ignored, of neglect.
                          "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Working...
                          X