• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=13594361

I had to look it up!

Funny...

Comment

I looked over at the other site out of curiousity. Nothing flashy but then its still new. I dont know what went on with all those guys and I am glad of that. But, it would take a long time to catch up to the level of information that is here at Channel 11. Besides, as long as my machine is still one of those at the top of the page, I kind of have to stay.

Durante was great, by the way. Few people can pull of the old 'kicked the bucket' routine like he did in Its a Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad World.
      Last edited by TADracer; 07-08-2010, 06:42 AM. Reason: Grammar
      Mike Giroir
      79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

Freedom of speech is alive and well...over there...dont be surprised if this thread is canned and you're banned...if y'all try to lurk..it wont work..LOL you gotta have the intestinal fortitiude to register.
        I do not know the back story here...fair or unfair...good, bad or ugly...as to what happened to get certain members here banned. Therefore I can express no opinion on that.

I did go to the site just to see what it's all about...and was not able to read a single post without registering.

Hmmm...freedom of speech....OK...if you say so....but I can't look at the speech you speak of without registering and thereby submitting myself to your rules as to what that "freedom" may be. I don't think so... I don't join anything with my eyes closed...I don't even belong to facebook because I value my privacy.

Good luck fellas, I wish you well.
        Last edited by Guy_b_g; 07-08-2010, 12:48 PM.
        Guy

'78E

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Comment

I just retried the link to the site, I can now view it. My apologies if it was a problem with my confuzer, if not and it was just opened to view...well...it's open to view now...
          Guy

'78E

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Comment

If they're unhappy, it's they're right to go but I only have enough time and energy to read just so many forums or it'll get in the way of work...

My Mom always said don't talk religion or politics with strangers and some of use are stranger than others...

Geezer
            Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Your Mom spoke wise words..
              1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
              2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
                Hey....ever wonder where some of the Midwesterners went? They were banned from this site...They all started a new site XS11.org

Wonder what happened....
                It took me until now to realize that you were actually telling the truth! I thought you were joking or guessing! I was able to read the threads on that new site without registering. Looks like a lot of resentment going on over there though... I think I'll stay here...
                1980 XS850SG - Sold
                1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                -H. Ford

Comment

Almost a full day later and still no verification email; even tried resend -- can't logon and can't talk to a mod' about it without logging on. <laughing>

I'll try a different handle and email address; forumer.com may be on my ISPs local block list or a RBL.
                  -- Scott
                  _____
                  ♬
                  2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                  1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                  1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                  1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                  1979 XS1100F: parts
                  2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.
                  ♬

Comment

Geezer

+1

Wise words...
                    Gone but never Forgotten:
                    1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
                    2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
                    2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

I didn't notice they were gone. Come to think of it it's been peaceful around here lately. "There is some good in everyone, some people just don't know how to let it out"
                      BDF Special
                      80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
                      Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Comment

You know, I was able to get on, and registered there, and I like most of the guys on there, and I think I'll miss them on here, but frankly I'm not sure I'm enthused at all about how their "freedom of speech" is being used over there. Frankly if I'm in with a crowd and people start talking like that, I drift over somewhere else.
                        Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
                        Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
                        Vetter Windjammer IV
                        Vetter hard bags & Trunk
                        OEM Luggage Rack
                        Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
                        Spade Fuse Box
                        Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
                        750 FD Mod
                        TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
                        XJ1100 Front Footpegs
                        XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

&quot;deja vu all over again&quot;

I remember the same thing happening on the XS11 yahoo site. There was a split that led to XS11Plus2 yahoo site (is it still around?).

The more things change, the more they stay the same
                          Pat Kelly
                          <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                          1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                          2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                          1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                          1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                          1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Hey Pat,

It's still there, still active, and run by HOGUE. I haven't seen LANNY the Lizard post in ages!! TKAT, MasterHO, HamJam, Brian Shepley-Canada, Reffi-Ralph, Dale Hicks, William Kusnerik, Courtney Hook, Charles Seckert-germany, Crusher, Chris-Australia, and more lurkers.
                            T.C.
                            T. C. Gresham
                            81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                            79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                            History shows again and again,
                            How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

My 2 cents where it wasnt asked for.

Having another site isnt bad. Of course there is absolutly no tech content there yet and it will never match the knowledge gained from search here. Not that they dont have it, just they seem to think everyone else worth it, has it already. It is about sour grapes there now which is understandable for the time being, but that site needs to get past it to grow. Almost enough to make me ashamed of my own Oakie heritage.

But it was getting out of hand here for whatever reasons. I started not enjoying reading some peoples posts who I always looked forward to before, Pat Kelly says it best "The more things change, the more they stay the same"
                              Its just the internet may not apply here, but as far as XS11 love and a good site goes, its just the internet. If you dont like each other in real life then leave it in real life.

And free speech is just stupid to talk about on a web site, it just doesnt apply. Unless its your site. Its not a win lose situation....we will all lose over this. WTFE
                              Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.

1980 XS1100G 1179 kit, Tkat brace, progressive springs & shocks, jardine spaghetti, Mikes coils, Geezer's rectifier

Comment

Originally posted by TopCatGr58 View Post
                                Hey Pat,

It's still there, still active, and run by HOGUE. I haven't seen LANNY the Lizard post in ages!! TKAT, MasterHO, HamJam, Brian Shepley-Canada, Reffi-Ralph, Dale Hicks, William Kusnerik, Courtney Hook, Charles Seckert-germany, Crusher, Chris-Australia, and more lurkers.
                                T.C.

I dropped out of that forum because (for me) is was too adolecent. Some like to (good-naturedly) put each other down constantly. That's how they interact. It wasn't for me.
                                Pat Kelly
                                <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                                1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                                2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                                1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                                1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                                1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Working...
                                X