What did you do to your bike today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you do to your bike today?

Well, its really going to be saturday for me. Im doing all this!

Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.

1980 XS1100G 1179 kit, Tkat brace, progressive springs & shocks, jardine spaghetti, Mikes coils, Geezer's rectifier

Today, on my Standard, I swapped out my Sonic straight wound fork springs and put my Progressives back in. Total different animal.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

For Mine

I bought a Brand New Gas Tank today for my Special,
      It is the Black Red and man is it unbelivable Sweet!!!!
      Now it time to paint the side covers to match the new tank.

Thanks, Steve
      1979 XS1100F stock airbox, Mikes XS Honda 750 Bars,
      68,000 miles and counting
      New to me
      1979 XS1100F, with Tour Package, work in progress.
      80,000 miles and soon to be growing.

Comment

Wow that is way cool. I want to put all my spare parts in plastic bags too!
        Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

what i did

I moved the tarp covering my bike to get it out of way. Sorry still to cold for me to ride.
          Pete J

Comment

Currently probing the mysteries of the front forks. I've needed to replace the front fork seals for a while, but only recently has it gotten warm enough to actually do any work.
            Currently XS-less.

Comment

Today

Well since my ride was misfiring, particularly in #1 cylinder below 3k rpm, I first checked for spark and it was OK. I then took off the tank and took apart the petcocks to make sure there was no prob there, none found. But I did find about 4 strips of the coating that was in the tank, each about 4" by 3/4" wide. Thought I had lucked out and they were just wrap[ing around the petcock filter tower, put it back together and rode it.... no luck. After a while it began starving for fuel upon acceleration as had been the case earlier.
              Tomorrow... pull the carbs and clean them. At least its warm, although it's going to be rainy. I'll keep you posted.
              Oh yeah, btw, yesterday I rebuilt the three carbs on one of the engines of my boat. Two of the float valve needles were seized in their seats. JOY!!
              They may go in tomorrow if it's not raining. Keep you posted.
              1980G Standard, Restored
              Kerker 4 - 1
              850 Rear End Mod
              2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
              Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
              Automatic CCT
              1980GH Special, Restored
              Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
              '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
              Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

In the garage, walked by and kicked the tire..........turned key on......yep, still awake.......pulled enricher out, hit the black button and wala!.....Dern, figured after two months settin' would'nt come alive.......wrong, think it went 3 revolutions. Guess my next step would be.....ride?
                81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

It was a balmy 8C today so I went out to the shed, petcocks to Prime?, check, Enricher out?, check, no unusual smells or puddles?, check, turned the ignition on, prayed for some idiot lights and Varoom. Fired up just like it had been running yesterday. Now for that Huge patch of ice covering my escape route. New clutch springs, triple tree bearings and oil filter still in the boxes.

Cheers,
                  1981 XS1100 Special
                  Saddlemen Seat
                  MAC 4 into 2 Turnouts

Comment

nada

thought about the bikes and then realized I needed a nap (night job) I guess I just listened to them rust
                    91 kwaka kz1000p
                    Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

I rode mine....
                      pete

new owner of
                      08 gen2 hayabusa

former owner
                      1981 xs1100 RH (aus) (5N5)
                      zrx carbs
                      18mm float height
                      145 main jets
                      38 pilots
                      slide needle shimmed .5mm washer
                      fitted with v/stax and uni pod filters

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pA8dwxmAVA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/url]

Comment

Mine's

totally stripped down to less than the engine and frame. Will get pics this afternoon. powder coating all engine covers and other parts. Hi- temp painting headers. Got new stainless brake lines, clutch springs, 750 final drive, tires, wheel bearings, oil, oil cooler, carb boots, 160 speedo (not new but pretty fine), grips, handle bars, mirrors, petcock kits, oil filter, gas cap gasket and more than I can remember.
                        '81 1100 MNS - "Midnight XSpress"
                        Original except:
                        120 mains outer cylinders - 125 mains inner cylinders - Ceramic headers - Powder coated pipes, covers calipers, and MC's
                        4 pods - Air box gutted--E3 Plugs - High Back seat - Grooved out swing arm - SS brake lines
                        Fork brace - 160 speedo - Auto CCT
                        All gold paint and chrome replaced with GOLD plate

"STUPID is Forever" Ron White.
                        Contact me by PM -I don't deal with stupid anymore.

Big John

Comment

No projects pending

With the possible exception of getting a new exhaust system or somehow modifying the jardine 4 to 1... Since march of '07 I have been doing lots of things to get the XJ back up to speed so the list is mostly done...eventually I'd like to upgrade the coils and replace the entire wiring harness with a new one.
                          1980 XS650G Special-Two
                          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Cascade affect

Tiptoed through the debris of my son's temporarily abandoned bike rebuild to take the tarp off my XS11 rig.
                            Hoping that the battery still had some power left and last year's gas would still work, turned the taps to "prime", waited a few minutes, pulled out the enrichener and pushed the button.
                            Cranked for a while, then one, then two, then finally all four fired up.
                            Oh joy. A winters-worth of neglect and still she runs. But wait, what's that funny noise?
                            Oh sh1t.
                            The 2 year old temporary patches around the broken header to muffler exhaust welds have let go. That means the pipes have to come off for a weld job.
                            Oh, doublesh1t.
                            That means the sidecar has to come off before the exhaust can be removed.
                            Oh, fork it.
                            That means I have far less of a reason not to redesign and remake the sidecar attachments.
                            Hopefully by the time my son has raked his pile'o'parts back into something that will run so there's room to work in the garage I will have completed my dear wife's "refurbish the kitchen cupboards" project (TWENTYFIVE doors and drawer faces to be removed, painted and replaced plus in-place painting the cupboards themselves.)
                            and can then devote some time to the bike work.
                            Last edited by fredintoon; 03-12-2010, 10:29 AM.
                            Fred Hill, S'toon
                            XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

This weekend I'm putting the cases back together, maybe re-installing the motor in the frame. Then the polishing of the engine covers begins

Comment

Working...
                              X