XS riders in the Pacific NW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time to split '

i have a motor from a 19800 xs1100 special that i am taking up to the campground.
    It has 1st gear out.i also have a trany i bought on ebay. I think 1st is ok on that. but i do not have the dremel tool to fix it. if any one could help with the fix while up there i would love it. but this is the last second so it may not happen.
    At least we can talk about it so i could learn.
    see you all there. Ride safe.
    Radical Ron
    1980 midnight xs1100 Rebilt cosmetically
    1980 midnight xs850 bagger
    1980 Special xs1100 (all apart)
    1979 special Special runner
    2011 street glide

Comment

• Originally posted by radical123 View Post
      i have a motor from a 19800 xs1100 special that i am taking up to the campground.
      It has 1st gear out.i also have a trany i bought on ebay. I think 1st is ok on that. but i do not have the dremel tool to fix it. if any one could help with the fix while up there i would love it. but this is the last second so it may not happen.
      At least we can talk about it so i could learn.
      see you all there. Ride safe.
      Radical Ron
      I've never done the dremel fix but I could bring the tool if someone else wants to show how it's done. When I was turning wrenches, I just replaced the gears and shift forks.

Geezer
      Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

• Weekend at Detroit

I thought the meetup was great this weekend, and was glad i got to meet you all. forward to more rides. I'll get this bike working right.
        1980 XS1100LG Midnight
        1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
        A quick death and an easy one.
        A pretty girl and an honest one.
        A cold beer and another one!

Comment

• Originally posted by XS1100 Newbie View Post
          I thought the meetup was great this weekend, and was glad i got to meet you all. forward to more rides. I'll get this bike working right.
          Yep I had a great time as well.I can't wait to see the pictures.Make sure you post when you figure out what's wrong with your bike.Later

Terry
          1980 special (Phyllis)
          1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

• I sure will post it. Going to check that octopuss first.
            1980 XS1100LG Midnight

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Comment

• I had a great time, it was very nice to meet everyone.

I posted a couple of photos to the Detroit Lake thread if any one wants to see them.

Larry
              Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
              http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
              82 XJ1100
              80 XS1100G (Project bike)
              64 Yamaha YA-6
              77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
              See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

• http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/a...bikerun076.jpg

It was grate.it was nice to meet you all.hope to do it again soon.
                My brakes will be fixed by then
                1980 midnight xs1100 Rebilt cosmetically
                1980 midnight xs850 bagger
                1980 Special xs1100 (all apart)
                1979 special Special runner
                2011 street glide

Comment

• That is a nice looking collection of XS11's!

Looks like the weather cooperated too.
                  RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

• Had a great time was good to meet everyone, makes me wish that I had called in sick and stayed for sunday.
                    Alias Larry R in Kelso WA

When in dought, punch it.
                    XS1100LG Precious current
                    XS1100SF Ruby gone to a better home
                    KZ900B MIA stolen (ALL bike thieves MUST GET OFF THE PLANET more politically correct ???)

Comment

• Originally posted by lvrsnr View Post
                      Had a great time was good to meet everyone, makes me wish that I had called in sick and stayed for Sunday.
                      I wish I had stayed until Monday morning. The traffic out of there was nasty at best. It would have been great to have had enough time to had learned everyone's names. I guess that's the problem with weekend events...

Tony

Comment

• Originally posted by Geezer View Post
                        I wish I had stayed until Monday morning. The traffic out of there was nasty at best. It would have been great to have had enough time to had learned everyone's names. I guess that's the problem with weekend events...

Tony
                        Sorry you weren't able to go on the ride with us Tony.I'm glad you were able to show up though and thanks again for the connector plugs.I can now personally vouch for their quality and also for your reg/rect assy's as well.Both are a superior product for a very reasonable price.

Terry
                        1980 special (Phyllis)
                        1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

• Even if I could have made it there on Friday like I wanted to, I would have skipped the ride. My azz was killing me by the time I got there and even worse on the way home.

I spent a C note getting that seat redone with closed cell foam to prevent this but I don't know if the seat didn't help or the loss of personal padding has made riding long distance more painful...

I have to get a wider seat. I think the tractor seat I've been hording will end up on my XS11 and the wing will have to wait for me to scrounge up another one.

Geezer

Comment

• Hey Tony
                            I think you need a seat like mine. I don't mean my az, i mean the one on the bike. I saw one i think on ebay, and another on here somewhere recently.
                            Bob
                            1980 XS1100LG Midnight

Comment

• Are you talking about a seat with a custom pan or a redone stock pan. I'm not just all, I'm wide too and my hips are too wide for a stock seat. I think with the right seat I could do 5 or 6 hours in the saddle without a problem. As it is now I'm looking for a place to pull over and stretch before I'm through a 1/2 tank of gas.

Besides being sore and exhausted it was a great get together and I'm looking forward to doing it again next year...

Geezer

Comment

Working...
                              X