Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pacific nw meetup

http://www.meetup.com/bikers/

here's a link for those of us in the PNW who are looking to ride.
    If you find a ride that youre interested in doing with some XS 11's join up and post a link to it here. I would enjoy riding with some fellow XSive riders!

First bike was an: 1978 XS1100
    Second bike is an FJR1300.
    Now I'm restoring a '79 XS1100.

Comment

• Hey guys: I know this sounds lame, but give me a break this one time. This is my first outing on my bike, and i have not figured out how to get everything on the bike. A stove, pans, food. I know i can buy food a couple of miles away, but fixing it may be another problem. Do you normally go out and eat? The tent, sleeping bag, and other essentials are not a problem, but the necessities of life like food, and a way to prepare it could pose a problem. How is this normally done?
      1980 XS1100LG Midnight
      1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
      A quick death and an easy one.
      A pretty girl and an honest one.
      A cold beer and another one!

Comment

• I've never camped with the bike, but backpacking stove that uses unleaded fuel, compression bag for the sleeping bag, small 1 man tent, freeze dried food that only need hot water to cook, space bags for clothes, and a kayakers drybag should get you started. As for where to put it all, saddle bags, tank bag, and bungie cords should do the trick.

First bike was an: 1978 XS1100
        Second bike is an FJR1300.
        Now I'm restoring a '79 XS1100.

Comment

• Hey gang I'm bringing an rv.That means barbecue,stove etc..Every one will be welcome to use them.I will also try to bring all the condiments ketchup,mustard,salt,pepper and some cold pop and beer.

Terry
          1980 special (Phyllis)
          1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

• I used to do a lot of camping on a bike and RUSH has the right idea. It's like hiking into the wilderness, keep it light and plan out what you will need.

Also watch out how you arrange things so that your load isn't to top heavy. A top heavy load can make the tight corners real fun sometimes.

Larry
            Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
            http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
            82 XJ1100
            80 XS1100G (Project bike)
            64 Yamaha YA-6
            77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
            See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

• Thanks for the advise guys. I can see that it would take a lot of planning to do any extensive camping. I am going to work hard to build a trailer, or ramp for my pickup. According to the woman i spoke to down there, there is not a mound or hill to unload. I wonder how hard it will be to load on a six foot ramp. The Nissan is low, but i still don't know about getting it reloaded once down there.
              1980 XS1100LG Midnight

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Comment

• Originally posted by tw1980 View Post
                Hey gang I'm bringing an rv.That means barbecue,stove etc..Every one will be welcome to use them.I will also try to bring all the condiments ketchup,mustard,salt,pepper and some cold pop and beer.

Terry
                Terry, Thank you for the generous offer.

Remember everyone that there will also be a place for a camp fire and probably some sort of grill over it. There is also firewood and ice available for sale at the campground if any one needs them.

Larry

82 XJ1100
                64 Yamaha YA-6
                77 Suzuki TS-185

Comment

• Originally posted by XS1100 Newbie View Post
                  Thanks for the advise guys. I can see that it would take a lot of planning to do any extensive camping. I am going to work hard to build a trailer, or ramp for my pickup. According to the woman i spoke to down there, there is not a mound or hill to unload. I wonder how hard it will be to load on a six foot ramp. The Nissan is low, but i still don't know about getting it reloaded once down there.
                  There should be plenty of us there, we can probably figure something out.

You will want to make it so the ramp can be attached to the pickup somehow.

Larry

82 XJ1100
                  64 Yamaha YA-6
                  77 Suzuki TS-185

Comment

• Hey all - just saw this thread today... when it got posted in the rallies section. I would love to come down and join in. I will have to check my schedule but I am almost positive that I could be there for most of the weekend. I am headed out this weekend for a ride through this area, with an overnight in Oakridge. I will keep an eye on this thread to see if some meet and greet times/locations are set up for Saturday. This should be fun. I have been to most of the NW rallies for the past 10 years and this one sounds like there will be a lot of new faces to meet. Looking forward to it.
                    Jeremy

1979 XS11 Special
                    2002 Ducati ST4S
                    2012 BMW F800R
                    1981 Suzuki GS450E
                    1982 Honda XL500R

Comment

• Jeremy, go to the following link to reserve a site, try to get C26 if you can otherwise get one of C29 or C19. Some will be arriving on Thursday and Friday, I will be there around 8:30am on Saturday.

http://www.reserveamerica.com/campgr...&parkCode=detr

Hope to see you there,
                      Larry

82 XJ1100
                      64 Yamaha YA-6
                      77 Suzuki TS-185

Comment

• Well got the bike resynced and gave her a once over last Sunday to make sure she's ready for the rally next weekend.I walked into the shop last night and what do I seeBut oil leaking from from the ?$%# final drive.I'll order a new seal today so I can have it hopefully by this Friday.

Terry
                        1980 special (Phyllis)
                        1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

• Terry, are you still coming over if you don't get the bike fixed?
                          1980 XS1100LG Midnight

Comment

• Originally posted by XS1100 Newbie View Post
                            Terry, are you still coming over if you don't get the bike fixed?
                            Don't worry I'll get it fixed,I had local Yamaha dealer next day the seal.Should have her fixed Friday night.

Terry
                            1980 special (Phyllis)

Comment

• Detroit Lake

I might make this.
                              (PNW Rally thread)
                              DZ
                              Vyger, 'F'
                              "The Special", 'SF'
                              '08 FJR1300

Comment

• The cam chain tensioner on my bike broke Saturday afternoon during the cool down.

After setting the cam chain tension and the ignition timing I turned off the engine and listened to the melodious medley of sound from a warm XS engine cooling down: "Tink, tink, ping, tink, TINK! tink, pink, pink, ooze, drip, glop, spatter, tink, ping, curse!" and oil poured out of the tensioner housing all over the floor.

I replaced the tensioner yesterday with a good used one from Andreas Weiss (Thank you, Andreas!) and fixed a slow leak in the rear tire (loose valve stem) so the bike's running again and I'm getting ready to roll for the rally!

Regards,

Scott
                                -- Scott
                                _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                                1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                                1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                                1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                                1979 XS1100F: parts
                                2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Working...
                                X