XS riders in the Pacific NW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS riders in the Pacific NW

I have to say that out here there must not be many that have a liking for the XSor XJ. I have not been able to find one person from around here. I would like to find someone that knows a little about these bikes. I really don't know if this bike is running right or not. It gets great mileage at 41 MPG, but things like the vibration got me wondering. I would think that with a shaft drive, that there would be little vibration.
    1980 XS1100LG Midnight
    1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
    A quick death and an easy one.
    A pretty girl and an honest one.
    A cold beer and another one!

Andreasweis (sp?) is in that area if I recall correctly and has extended an open invitation for anyone to stop by.

Just a suggestion.
    If you don't own a fire extinguisher, do me a personal favor and go purchase one... immediately.

1980 MNS

Comment

I'm a little west of Portland. I'm swamped this time of year but I managed to find a hole in my schedule from time to time...

Geezer
      Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Thanks Guys. Andreas is quite a way North. He is actually on the Canadian side. Geezer, that would be a good ride to where you live. Maybe one of these days i could ride that way.
        1980 XS1100LG Midnight
        1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
        A quick death and an easy one.
        A pretty girl and an honest one.
        A cold beer and another one!

Comment

Originally posted by XS1100 Newbie View Post
          Thanks Guys. Andreas is quite a way North. He is actually on the Canadian side. Geezer, that would be a good ride to where you live. Maybe one of these days i could ride that way.
          Sure PM me or eMail me at technojock@yahoo.com and we can work out a time.

Geezer

Comment

I'm about an hour or so further south from Geezer down here in Salem. I spotted a nice Midnight Special parked down the street today so I know they're around.

Larry
            Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
            http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
            82 XJ1100
            80 XS1100G (Project bike)
            64 Yamaha YA-6
            77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
            See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

41 mpg is excellent. Vibration may be cured with a carb synch. Geezer will know. I'm an hour west of Geezer at the end of a gorgeous run down the Wilson River canyon. Do your tweaks then run it down here for a road test.
              1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Comment

You must ride a lot faster than I do. The last time I took that ride it 2 hours to get to your place in Tillamook from here in Cedar Mill.

Geezer

Comment

Where is Battleground.

I'm in Spokane.You must be on the west side right?
                  If you're on the coast ,there are members in western Washington.
                  I dont know of anyone in the middle of the state though.
                  80 SG XS1100
                  14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Well, maybe I erred on the side of optimism. But on a light traffic day you can get over the hill pretty quick, especially on a super powerful bike like a XS11.
                    1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Comment

I'm not volunteering anyone, but there are some people from Vancouver and Kelso, If you can find them. I'm north of you but probably to far to do you any good.
                      Fastmover
                      "Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
                      lion". SHL
                      78 XS1100e

Comment

How about a Pacific northwest rally?Maybe southern WA or northern OR.
                        1980 special (Phyllis)
                        1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

Originally posted by wa407mpp View Post
                          I'm not volunteering anyone, but there are some people from Vancouver and Kelso, If you can find them. I'm north of you but probably to far to do you any good.
                          `

Sounds good but I don't have the room to host it. Maybe we could do something informal in September Near Detroit Lake near Salem, OR...

Geezer

Comment

...been reading for years...

These bikes... these bikes...
                            what about a 78 xs with a
                            legendary(?) red line to 9 1/2 Are these a better start for
                            a 1200 kit conversion, or does somebody know if the early
                            xs11 has the same performance and just a "this
                            one goes to eleven" tach?
                            Also, is the gsxr carb mod worth the trouble?
                            One more thing, there is no, in my opinion, any viable way to
                            fit any kind of charger on it without sacrificing substantial
                            hp/air restsistance advantages, but what about a small nos, real small...
                            just wondering...always wondering.

Comment

Hey wolfdrool,
                              First off,welcome to the forum.
                              You should start a thread for your questions.Jumping into a thread and changing the subject is considered hijacking the thread and bad forum manners.
                              You will get lots of responses to your questions in your own thread since people can see in the thread description what the topic is.

That said,the '78 XS11 was the fastest year,it had different cams than the later
                              engines.
                              As for the carbs.Guys here have tried different carbs.Just do a search for carb mods.You may have to play with different search words to find stuff.And there are a couple turbo xs's I believe.I havent seen NOS fitted XS's,but that doesnt mean there arent.I'm sure it can be done.
                              Enjoy the site.
                              Rick
                              80 SG XS1100
                              14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Working...
                              X