Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smack Dab IN The Middle

Hi Y'all
    This is my first post ever on any forum (ultimate lurker I guess). I live in Ellensburg, just about the middle of Washington State. I've had XS Elevens for about the last three years, but always wanted one since about 1980 only couldn't afford one then. Finally got a great buy on a 1980 Standard from a guy in Idaho. He thought it had carb trouble but it turned out to be the old broken wire in the mechanical advance ploy. had only 14k miles on it and was sweet. After putting another 10k miles one of my sons, who shall remain nameless,(literally i almost disowned him) decided to ride the snot out of it while i was on vacation(he had permission to ride it but not to thrash it) while not checking the oil level. now i need a new motor or rebuild.
    Anyone who can point me to the right area for questions about donor bikes and interchangeability between years and models and such would be helpful.

anyway i chose this thread because there are a few of us in the great northwest.
    thanks
    Jamie

Comment

keyfactor5,

Congratulations on your first post to the forum.

As for finding another engine you might want to send andreashweiss a PM. He's northwest of Spokane and would probably have an engine he would sell you.

Larry
      Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
      http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
      82 XJ1100
      80 XS1100G (Project bike)
      64 Yamaha YA-6
      77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
      See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

OK Sep 12 and 13 Detroit lake or any other state park is about 25 bucks a night or so.But good facilities,Showers etc..Motel lodging close by and a store and restaurants close by.Also some very fine riding 50 to 300 mile round trip depending on what you like.Mountain roads and twisties!You can also make reservations.One negative the lake will be draining then so don't bring your ski boat.We could plan a long and short Saturday Rides.Informal Friday night social(BYOB).Saturday night barbecue and happy hour,swap meet or anything else that sounds fun.Terry
        1980 special (Phyllis)
        1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

Ok then. If no one has an objection, then it is settled. we need conformation from all, and we will post it on the rides part of the forum. Sounds good to me. I just need to get my s--it together. Also need to see if there are different areas, so we can all get in the imediate area for camping or whatnot.
          1980 XS1100LG Midnight
          1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
          A quick death and an easy one.
          A pretty girl and an honest one.
          A cold beer and another one!

Comment

Ok then. If no one has an objection, then it is settled. we need conformation from all, and we will post it on the rides part of the forum. Sounds good to me. I just need to get my s--it together. Also need to see if there are different areas, so we can all get in the immediate area for camping or what not.
            Last edited by XS1100 Newbie; 07-22-2009, 08:28 AM.
            1980 XS1100LG Midnight

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Comment

Lets get moving

Ok then. If no one has an objection, then it is settled. we need conformation from all, and we will post it on the rides part of the forum. Sounds good to me. I just need to get my s--it together. Also need to see if there are different areas, so we can all get in the immediate area for camping or what not.
              1980 XS1100LG Midnight

Comment

Detroit Lake

Sounds good to me. Here's the info for Detroit Lake.
                http://www.oregonstateparks.org/park_93.php

Time's short if Detroit Lake is the place, you might not be able to get reservations at the campground this late in the season.

I wouldn't be able to make it Friday night, but I could ride up there and meet you guys early Saturday morning.

Larry
                Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
                http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
                82 XJ1100
                80 XS1100G (Project bike)
                64 Yamaha YA-6
                77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
                See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

I'm in. Who wants to make the reservations. I'm thinking that if we get 3 or 4 adjacent campsites, we can share them. Then we can drop the $25 a head price at least in half.

Geezer
                  Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

If there is only four of us, then we can get away with two sites. Anyone know if there may be six?
                    1980 XS1100LG Midnight

Comment

Lets let it ride a few days and see how many people spot this thread.Also if any CA,ID or NV people are interested sign up.I have room if you need a stop over.Terry
                      1980 special (Phyllis)
                      1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

I've already made plans to go to a school reunion in Illinois on those dates or there would me one more bike/person who'd be there.

Comment

Does this State Park have RV sites available? The Wife and
                          I have plans to be in the Portland area during that time
                          period. Won't be on the XS but would like to meet up with
                          y'all.

Skip
                          1979 XS1100SF
                          2005 VTX1800S3 ( Dailey ride)

Comment

Here's the park info.
                            http://www.oregonstateparks.org/park_93.php

Hope to see you there. My wife may follow in the family cage so I think we will need at least 3 spaces. I've also invited my #1 employee (my daughter Lydia) and her family and we can all fit in 1 space.

Geezer

Originally posted by skipt View Post
                            Does this State Park have RV sites available? The Wife and
                            I have plans to be in the Portland area during that time
                            period. Won't be on the XS but would like to meet up with
                            y'all.

Skip

Comment

Count me in i will be on the bike if all works out.2 up with sleeping bags and the tent.
                              One of the rides should be through silver falls if posible Or brighen bush is close by.
                              they have RV spots.but you need to look and see if any are open.
                              Ron and Karin
                              1980 midnight xs1100 Rebilt cosmetically
                              1980 midnight xs850 bagger
                              1980 Special xs1100 (all apart)
                              1979 special Special runner
                              2011 street glide

Comment

Would you guys prefer this be a rendezvous or would you want to squeeze in a tech session of sorts. I could do a charging system overview in an hour or so.

Tony

Comment

Working...
                                X