• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skipt View Post
    Does this State Park have RV sites available? The Wife and
    I have plans to be in the Portland area during that time
    period. Won't be on the XS but would like to meet up with
    y'all.

Skip
    Yeah skip just make sure you book a spot that's long enough.I'm kicking the rv idea around as well.Stick the xs on a trailer and tow it along!Terry
    1980 special (Phyllis)
    1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

It looks like I will only be able to make it Sunday, as I now have to work that Saturday.

Larry
      Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
      http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
      82 XJ1100
      80 XS1100G (Project bike)
      64 Yamaha YA-6
      77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
      See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

OK looks like nobody else is picking up on this thread so lets make it happen.I'm new so somebody help me out.Do we request a rally banner?Plan events?Make reservations?Map rides?Lets go!! Do we move this to the rallies section?

Terry
        1980 special (Phyllis)
        1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

if the offer is on the table then yes i would vote for a tech session.
          adjusting the valves or maybe something easy would be ok.
          if we can fit it in the time frame.
          speaking of time frame lets plan a ride and where the ride would be.
          Ron
          1980 midnight xs1100 Rebilt cosmetically
          1980 midnight xs850 bagger
          1980 Special xs1100 (all apart)
          1979 special Special runner
          2011 street glide

Comment

I agree with the tech session, and that we need to get things lined up. Because i have not done this before, i have no idea of what to expect. I wil reserve two sites, one for me, and an extra. Can someone tell me the norm for the amount of food i need to bring? Must be hard getting enough food on the bike..
            1980 XS1100LG Midnight
            1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
            A quick death and an easy one.
            A pretty girl and an honest one.
            A cold beer and another one!

Comment

On another note: I would like to thank Larry in Kelso, WA. for helping me with the bike on Sunday. It is a different bike all together.
              1980 XS1100LG Midnight

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Comment

Originally posted by XS1100 Newbie View Post
                I agree with the tech session, and that we need to get things lined up. Because i have not done this before, i have no idea of what to expect. I wil reserve two sites, one for me, and an extra. Can someone tell me the norm for the amount of food i need to bring? Must be hard getting enough food on the bike..
                There are stores and restaurants near the camp ground.Geezer volunteered to do a tech session on charging systems.I can do one on anything electrical as well if anybody wants.I've adjusted valves but I don't think I'm qualified to teach it.As far as rides go we can plan 30 to 300 miles.Just depends on how far everyone wants to go.
                Terry
                1980 special (Phyllis)

Comment

Sounds great. So who wants to organize it? I'm ready to send my share of the money to reserve a camp site.

Geezer
                  Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezer View Post
                    Sounds great. So who wants to organize it? I'm ready to send my share of the money to reserve a camp site.

Geezer
                    Hey Tony since you are the closest one I think you're the best qualified.
                    1980 special (Phyllis)

Comment

Originally posted by Geezer View Post

Geezer
                      So Tony since you're the closest I think you're the most qualified
                      1980 special (Phyllis)

Comment

Originally posted by tw1980 View Post
                        So Tony since you're the closest I think you're the most qualified
                        I'm not the closest but I could be the busiest this time of year. I'll consider it if no one else wants too but honestly I'm swamped.

Geezer

Comment

Hey guys,

I was volunteered to start a new/another job on that Saturday, however I have been able to reschedule the start date and I now have the both that Saturday and Sunday free. With that being said and since Tony is way too busy, I will step up to the plate and volunteer to do the organization if that's works for everyone else.

I plan on riding up to the camp ground early Saturday morning arriving around 8:30 or 9:00 and I will be looking into getting a site reserved for Saturday night. Tony offered to do a charging system overview for a tech session which sounds good to me. I will look into the rides we could do in the area; given the Detroit Lake location I would suggest a ride to Silver Falls for one of the options.

Larry
                          Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
                          http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
                          82 XJ1100
                          80 XS1100G (Project bike)
                          64 Yamaha YA-6
                          77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
                          See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

Once again, your efforts are greatly appreciated. If it would be better to reserve our came sites now, I could send you my share of the money. I'm expecting to need a full camp site for myself and family.

How many others are willing to commit to showing up?

Geezer

Originally posted by Yahman View Post
                            Hey guys,

I was volunteered to start a new/another job on that Saturday, however I have been able to reschedule the start date and I now have the both that Saturday and Sunday free. With that being said and since Tony is way too busy, I will step up to the plate and volunteer to do the organization if that's works for everyone else.

I plan on riding up to the camp ground early Saturday morning arriving around 8:30 or 9:00 and I will be looking into getting a site reserved for Saturday night. Tony offered to do a charging system overview for a tech session which sounds good to me. I will look into the rides we could do in the area; given the Detroit Lake location I would suggest a ride to Silver Falls for one of the options.

Larry

Comment

I'm in!! just give me camp site numbers so we can stay with the group .Thanks for stepping up Larry. I'll help in any way I can.The trophy wife has offered to drive the RV there so I can ride if I want.(I don't think she's to excited about the tent thing)So if that's the case I can bring a support vehicle.Witch means paper plates,barbecue,coolers,lawn chairs,spare parts,tools,computer,etc...

Terry
                              1980 special (Phyllis)

Comment

I'll be there!! I have not reserved a campsite yet. Just need to know which part you all think we want to be in. It seems there are different sections. Be nice if we could all be close.
                                1980 XS1100LG Midnight

Comment

Working...
                                X