Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "What are you... new?"

Ahh, QRFan,
    I guess you're too new around here to recognize my writing style.
    Please reread my post... with these facts in mind.
    I had a wife that worked. (Union driver)
    I "fired" that wife.
    I'm not currently looking to hire another "worker"...
    but if I do... I don't know, I thought maybe a younger "trainee" would be nice.

Uhm... that ex-union worker of mine eventually formed a separate union with that Union Shop Steward, and they set up shop in another state, where he still can't find work and she still has to work two jobs.
    (I, uhm... sort of secretly grin over that one)

And just what did you mean by inferring that I'm getting slow and less agile?
    Maybe I'm not as "HARD" chargin' as I used to be... but I can still perform!

Make sense, now?

(This was the only experience I've had with Union personnel, so you can see my bias.)

EDIT:
    I never post "smilies', T.C.
    A sign of weakness.
    HAhahhahhaa!
    Last edited by prometheus578; 01-25-2009, 11:48 AM.
    "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

• Originally posted by TopCatGr58 View Post
      Hey QR,

Prom didn't put enough/any smilies in his post! He was referring to his Ex-wife.....I think. HE does this tongue in cheek thing a lot, most of us know it when we see it, but you're still relatively new here!
      T.C.
      Hi TC,
      yeah, re-reading prom's post after reading yours I do understand it better.
      Oddly, my own circumstances are a mirror of prom's except that my wife left me to live with a lesbian rather than with a shop-steward.
      And I am ahead of him in one aspect. My new wife is 18 years my junior and the rest of it has no place in this forum.
      Fred Hill, S'toon
      XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
      "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

• My new wife is 18 years my junior and the rest of it has no place in this forum
        Hey Fred... you can PM me and T.C. with the details, ok?
        Oh, and by the by... what was your secret?
        How'd ya pull that off?
        And don't give me any of that,
        "Oh, just be kind and treat them nice" crap.
        You know that doesn't work for me.

Comment

• Rotflmao

Well I have to say I can appreciate your post much more now that I see the iceberg under the surface No offense on the older stuff either. I've seen people age both ways,,,only meant to imply everyone has their attributes The younger trainee,lmao, thats a whole other conversation)))))
          It's just me at the edge..........waving

Comment

• There's nothing wrong with my "attributes", either, Buddy!

I must commend you, QRFan, on the restraint you showed in your earlier post.
            Even though you misunderstood my intent, you handled my hate-filled diatribe gracefully and your response to me was well worded, courteous and gentlemanly.
            A sign of a clear mind and good breeding.

(A certain member from Oklahoma should take notes)
            Hahaaaa

Comment

• (A certain member from Oklahoma should take notes)

I do... but then going over them.. I can't read my handwriting.
              Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
              '06 Suzuki DR650
              *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
              '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
              '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
              '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
              '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
              '81 XS1100 Special
              '81 YZ250
              '80 XS850 Special
              '80 XR100
              *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

• Ahh, TRBIG.
                Always good for a laugh... and society's pity.

Comment

• Originally posted by prometheus578 View Post
                  Hey Fred... you can PM me and T.C. with the details, ok?
                  Oh, and by the by... what was your secret?
                  How'd ya pull that off?
                  And don't give me any of that,
                  "Oh, just be kind and treat them nice" crap.
                  You know that doesn't work for me.
                  Hi Prom,
                  there is no secret but if there was one being kind and treating her nice would be a major part of it.
                  Musta worked, this summer she's taking me on a week's vacation in the Maritimes for our 20th anniversary.
                  Fred Hill, S'toon
                  XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                  "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

• Well, Fred...
                    I tried doing the nice and kind thing.
                    Took her on vacation, too.
                    Even built a side car rig like you have... for her to ride in.
                    Some females just don't appreciate anything!

Comment

• Prom, I think I see your problem!!
                      The sidecar is on the WRONG side of the bike! That's the reason she went looking for the union steward...
                      Ray Matteis
                      KE6NHG
                      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

• Come on, Ray, I'm smarter than that.
                        See that beer she's holdin' fer me?
                        If the sidecar was on the other side, I'd have to use my throttle hand to take a drink.
                        With it on the left side, the only time I can't drink is when I'm clutchin".

Comment

• nice side car

you going to patent it?
                          Last edited by QRFan; 01-25-2009, 07:24 PM. Reason: dead horse

Comment

• Surprisingly timely link I received on the Yahoo List!

Again, no union bashing intended here, but I remembered this thread when I saw this posted in the Yahoo XS list, thought it was appropro, and a good laugh!

http://worriersanonymous.org/Share/Loafing.html
                            Take a look, sound on!
                            T.C.
                            T. C. Gresham
                            81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                            79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                            History shows again and again,
                            How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

• ))))))

lmao so the hundred dollar questiom prom. whats holding you down ?)))))

Comment

• I REALLY TRIED, tried to steer clear of this thread, oops

chose to stay away from the Political Thread....

Can't.

I've read every word....sounds like many a 'disscussion' I've had with my wife...

Now a little back story on me....I drive a semi, I'm on a dedicated run, I haul auto parts, ....

I heard about the 'bailout' 'loan' whatever you wanna call it

I didn't panic....because the parts wind up at Honda & Toyota

I also try not to listen to the news....too depressing

The last 6 weeks, cut-backs is the key word

Honda assembly has gone to a 3 day work week,
                                The supplier I haul for has gone to a 4 day week, cutting about 20 hrs OT from thier employees, this resulted in cutbacks where I work

The Company I DRIVE for, lost 6 dedicated runs, and 1 other went from 5 days to 2

also had to redo my run, which I am grateful it didn't get cut more
                                from 550 miles and 3 stops per day 5 days, to 625 miles per day, 6 stops, 4days

at first glance it looks like a 20 percent decrease in work, and pay

look a little closer before 2550 miles 15 stops
                                after 2500 miles 24 stops and 1 day less to do it in
                                20 percent pay cut also, more work, faster, and lets just take some of that money, just for kicks

Now I know this sounds like whining, but no, right now I'm glad I still have a dedicated run
                                I didn't start whining until I got my pay check and found out about it....
                                NO-ONE said anything to me about it, and when I did ask, it was 'OHHH, Yeah, we had to give them a discount to keep it'

make it worse, I am no longer able to come thru home on a nightly basis

3 meals a day now not 1, the truck now idles at night 10 gals per night,
                                Now I'm spending even more to make LESS!

9 years of driving, I've been to a lot of shops, union and non.....
                                seen a lot of hard workers, seen a lot of lazy ones, no matter the shop...
                                the difference is in the union shop, arrogance about being lazy

that letter at the beginning of this whole thing, should be framed and handed to our new President, with a foot note

That foot note should read, DON'T FORGET WHERE YOU CAME FROM
                                1980 XS11 Special aka The Monster
                                "My life used to be a Soap Opera, until I realized something, I own the network."
                                My Photo Bucket

Comment

Working...
                                X