No announcement yet.

Don Glardon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at this original post from Don's wife, I was just wondering if anyone stopped by to help her sell Don's bikes and or parts? Not asking because I need anything, I'd just hate to see her get ripped off.
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

I cohldn't help but re-read through the posts from fellow forum members. I remember the very minute I read Post #1 in this thread. Hopefully his bike(s) live-on.
      1979 XS1100F
      2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

I haven't been on as much as I used to be due to many things that have taken place in my life-work,rotator cuff tear last June kind of put a serious damper on my riding and so on.Needless to say I was shocked when I heard of Dons passing. I always looked froward to hearing his knowledge on bike issues.I didn't know him personally but saying prayers for his family.Way too young to pass! You will be seriously missed.Godspeed Don!
        1980 XS1100 SG
        Inline fuel filters
        New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
        160 mph speedometer mod
        Kerker Exhaust
        xschop K & N air filter setup
        Dynojet Recalibration kit
        1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
        1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

so sorry to here this

just seen this today. very sorry to here this, i'm sure he will be missed here for sure. he was always up to helping members get their bike back on the road. and i remember he would always respond to my posts when i was in need of help troubleshooting some of my problems when i first started with my xs. never met him but, im sure he was a very respectful person. this is so sad to know. R.I.P.
          79 xs 1100 spec & 80 xs 1100 g

Comment

Going thru pics and found this of Don working on my bike.

'80 XS1100 SG
            Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

Don

Bill,

I was just this past week thinking about Don, and re-reading this thread.

His passing left such a hole in our XS community here ...

But that's nothing compared to the loss for those he knew and loved ... his family and closest friends.

Aside from his knowledge, one thing that always struck a chord with me was Don's demeanor here on the forum.

He treated everyone with respect, courtesy, and kindness ... always the gentleman.

We could all learn from his example.
              Marco

Current bikes:
              1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
              1979 Honda CBX
              2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
              WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

You got that right Marco. I counted-on Don's posts to be in my threads every morning I woke-up.
                1979 XS1100F
                2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Definitely. I was only thinking today about Don and the messages he sent me, and posts he made.
                  XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Thank you

This is Don's wife again. I googled his name for some reason today and this thread popped up. I did sell both of his bikes eventually, both for less than what they were worth, but the first one went to a husband and wife that planned to use it to ride together, which Don would have appreciated. The last one I sold to a guy that was a mechanic, so at least I think it is in good hands.

Thank you for the kinds words about Don.
                    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                    93 GSX600F
                    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                    81 XS1100 Special
                    81 CB750 C
                    80 CB750 C
                    78 XS750

Comment

He's always on my mind here & there, and I never met him. Just the kind of guy that leaves a lasting impression.
                      1979 XS1100F

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                        ... Just the kind of guy that leaves a lasting impression.
                        Hear, hear ...
                        Marco

Current bikes:
                        1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
                        1979 Honda CBX
                        2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
                        WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                          He's always on my mind here & there, and I never met him. Just the kind of guy that leaves a lasting impression.
                          Originally posted by Prisoner6 View Post
                          Hear, hear ...

Miss Ya My Friend
                          1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
                          1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
                          1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
                          1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
                          1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

I was just looking through my XSEast picture the year we were in SE Ohio and I wasnt sure but I thought Don was in there...sure enough he was...regretfully I didnt take the time to introduce myself or carry on a conversation...just goes to show that you cant take anyone for granted at these rallies...I will make it a point to introduce myself to every new person I see at these rallies...I'll post a group shot...

Last edited by madmax-im; 01-06-2016, 04:44 PM.
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I just found out about Don by stumbling across this old post.....I haven't logged into this site in a year or two.

So sorry to hear. Don and I rode around Cincinnati and turned wrenches together a couple few times.

I'm not so sure the "project bike" he was working on wasn't my old bike. He bought it from me when I had to make room in the garage.

Helluvaguy. I wish I had caught this sooner. RIP, Don.
                              I know this, because Tyler knows this.

1980 SG
                              3J6 003509
                              Kerker 4-1 (sans baffles)
                              Fuse Block Upgrade
                              Mike's XS Green Coils
                              Pods w/Homemade Velocity Stacks

Comment

Hey Eric..Don lived up the street from me. Our little group kinda broke upAlways enjoyed the sunday work thingies even tho I wasn't much help.So you moved out west?
                                '80 XS1100 SG
                                Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

Working...
                                X