No announcement yet.

Don Glardon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My heart hurts for the loss of Don. Every queation I had, Don and others were there for me in every thread of mine. I read every post here and just wish his name would pop-up as the author of a post. Sadly no more. I miss you Don.
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

So sorry to hear about Don, we had always helped each other on here over the years, rest in peace Brother.
      2H7 (79)
      3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Unbelievable! I have no words. God bless Don and his family.
        RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Steppenwolf just told me about this a few minutes ago. What a shock. Don will be missed. RIP my friend.
          I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Sad news

This is surely sad news. hard to believe/accept. The site is different now without his posting presence. Condolences to all who miss him, especially family.
            It is a great big beautiful world out there
            Brent in GA
            Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Condolences to Don's family

Never met Don, but his friends speak well of him. Ride on Don ! My sympathies to his family.
              79 1100 SF Carmine Red stock
              85 Honda v65 Magna
              70 Yamaha HS1 90cc twin Californian Orange
              02 Road King (retirement gift)
              First bike-s 2-1967 Yamaha YM2C Big Bear Scramblers

Comment

Arrangements

Services for Don will be held this Saturday, April 12 at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in Kenwood, Ohio, 7701 Kenwood Road, Kenwood, Ohio 45236. Visitation will be held at 9:30 a.m. until the time of service at 11:00 a.m., with a reception at about 12:00 p.m., followed by a graveside service at 2:45 p.m. at St. Joe’s Cemetery, 4500 Foley Road, Cincinnati, Ohio 45238. Additional information is available at www.neidhardsnowfuneralhome.com.
                Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                93 GSX600F
                80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                81 XS1100 Special
                81 CB750 C
                80 CB750 C
                78 XS750

Comment

Formal Obituary

Obituary for Donald Charles Glardon Jr

GLARDON, Donald Charles. Jr, 48 of Colerain Township passed away on Saturday April 5, 2014. He is survived by his wife Alita Glardon, one daughter Katie and one son Kurt. He is also survived by his mother Mary, three brothers, Thomas (Wanda), Steve, Rob (Heather) Glardon and one sister Julie Glardon. He is preceded in death by his father Donald Glardon. Donald was a Scout Leader for Boy Scout Troop #24, past Baseball Coach for White Oak Athletic Club and past Tae Kwon Do Instructor for the Clippard YMCA. He was also an accomplished 2nd Degree Black Belt. VISITATION will be held on Saturday April 12, 2014 from 9:30 AM until the time of service at 11:00 AM at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, 7701 Kenwood Road, Kenwood, Ohio 45236. A Graveside Service will follow at 2:45 pm at St. Joe’s New Cemetery, 4500 Foley Road Cincinnati. Ohio 45238. In lieu of flowers donations may be made to the Glardon Family Fund at any PNC Bank Branch.
                  I do hope any of the Xsives we have near him will attend his services?

T.C.
                  T. C. Gresham
                  81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                  79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                  History shows again and again,
                  How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Plan to TC.
                    '80 XS1100 SG
                    Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

I went to the visitation. I felt the need to pay my respects to my friend, but at the same time, I didn't want to intrude on his family's grieving. So, Julie and I didn't stay for the service, that and the usual 8 million things that come up every weekend had to be attended to. It was a bad scene, seeing Don that way, he was too young for that. I've been conspicuously absent from the SWOXS for too long, I'm going to make my best effort to miss as few future get together a as possible. I do miss my friends, all of you guys here at the site. I'll try to be more active here. Have a nice day and ride safe
                      I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

Yes it was seeing Don that way but I thought the turn out was great with the Boy Scouts especially to show their respect,he was a good man.
                        '80 XS1100 SG

Comment

Being written by Don's wife again ...

I want to thank you all for your kind words. I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me where to look for the VIN number on one of these motorcycles.

Thank you.

Alita Glardon
                          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                          93 GSX600F
                          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                          81 XS1100 Special
                          81 CB750 C
                          80 CB750 C
                          78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
                            Being written by Don's wife again ...

I want to thank you all for your kind words. I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me where to look for the VIN number on one of these motorcycles.

Thank you.

Alita Glardon
                            on the frame of the steering neck. it's also on the engine but not always correct if a
                            different motor was put on
                            "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                            1981 LH

Comment

Alita..
                              If you can't find them just let me know,I live near the Skating Rink so it is not far away and get there easily.
                              Bill
                              '80 XS1100 SG

Comment

I just saw this as I have been off the forum for a while. I am so sorry for the families loss. I am a relatively new to the forum just over a year I think and don was one of the guys who helped me get my bike running and on the road. I lost my mom in august and it has been very hard, I haven't done anything much, which is why I haven't been on the forum. I am getting better as time goes by but it can take a huge toll on you when a close loved one dies. I pray for you and your family. R.I.P. Don.
                                Jeff
                                77 XS750 2D completely stock
                                79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Comment

Working...
                                X