No announcement yet.

Don Glardon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so sorry to hear of Don's passing. I am just reading this for the first time as I have not been on the site for a few weeks. I, like so many others, have talked to Don on the site over the past few years. He was very kind and always had plenty of knowledge and positive input. My condolences to all his family and friends. He will be sadly missed.

Wayne
    80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

"We are the type of band that if we moved in next door to you...Your lawn would die"
    Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

I just met Don last year when we had dinner down by the river with Steppenwolf -- I'm stunned.

Alita, my prayers go out to you and your family!

-- Scott
      _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
      1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
      1979 XS1100F: parts
      2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

WOW, I don't get on here very often and was both shocked and saddened to hear of Don's passing. My condolences go out to his family.
        FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
        1999 Vulcan classic-sold
        1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

RIP Don, you were one of the good ones.
          Mike C
          Lake Orion, Michigan
          '78 XS1100E

Here I am! Where are you?

Comment

Very, very sad....

I still can't believe it, I'm shocked and sad as all of us are. I haven't checked this part of the forum for a long time and this feels numbing.
            Way too young to go. To his credit, all of us considered him as an elder statesman here. Not only because of his knowledge, but because of his class as a human being.
            We will miss you Don.
            My heart goes out to his family.
            1980G Standard, Restored
            Kerker 4 - 1
            850 Rear End Mod
            2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
            Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
            Automatic CCT
            1980GH Special, Restored
            Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
            '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
            Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Don is in the light blue shirt,he was part of our SWOHXS group as a few of us got together.
              '80 XS1100 SG
              Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

I havent been here for a while, and only just discovered this. I am truly shocked and saddened, and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Don was truly one of the good guys, and one that i would have sought out to meet in person should i have ever got to the States. He was such a great help when i broke my bike, and along with Diver Ray, made it an easy process for me to source parts from the states, and get them shipped to New Zealand. He was a great asset to this site and will be sorely missed.

Rest In Peace Don.
                1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
                2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

I am sad that I never had the opportunity to meet Don in person.

Don helped me both directly with my bikes and indirectly through all the help he has provided to others on this forum. My condolences to his family, friends and acquaintances for their loss. Don will continue to help those on this forum through his contributions for many years to come.
                  82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
                  Website/Blog

Comment

Rip dg

R.I.P DG. You will be missed!
                    78 XS1100E Standard
                    Coca Cola Red
                    Hooker Headers

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC00580.jpg

1979 XS1100 Special
                    http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC00612.jpg

1980 XS Standard
                    http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC01137.jpg

2006 Roadstar Warrior
                    http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...um/warrior.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Prothec View Post
                      I am sad that I never had the opportunity to meet Don in person.

Don helped me both directly with my bikes and indirectly through all the help he has provided to others on this forum. My condolences to his family, friends and acquaintances for their loss. Don will continue to help those on this forum through his contributions for many years to come.
                      Amen to that, Ben ...

I still keep wishing DGXSER would pop up as author of a new post, but it's not to be ...

But Don's archive of posts is a wealth of knowledge for us all to continue to use ... and he seemed like such a genuinely caring person as well.
                      Marco

Current bikes:
                      1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
                      1979 Honda CBX
                      2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
                      WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

Very sad to hear this, be strong Alita and family ..
                        XS1100 3X0 '82 restomod, 2H9 '78 chain drive racer, 3H3 '79 customized.
                        MV Agusta Brutale 910R '06.
                        Triumph 1200 Speed Trophy '91, Triumph 1200 '93.
                        Z1 '73 restomod, Z1A '74 yellow/green, KZ900 A4 '76 green.
                        Yamaha MT-09 Tracer '15 grey.
                        Kawasaki Z1300 DFI '84 modified, red.

Comment

Dgxser

Originally posted by Prisoner6 View Post

I still keep wishing DGXSER would pop up as author of a new post
                          I was only just thinking that yesterday.
                          XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Yuppers guys,I hear a bike on my street and I look out and still hope it is Don coming down to say hi to me.
                            '80 XS1100 SG
                            Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

Just ran across one of Don's posts the other day. Took a look at his sig:

Life is what happens while your planning everything else!
                              Sometimes I get too caught up in stuff and put off things that might bring me enjoyment today when I think I can do it tomorrow. I.E. putting off visiting family, trying to "save" money for the future as opposed to spending it for enjoyment today, not taking time to make new friends, see new places, do new things, letting my XS11 sit for a decade while I was off doing "things for tomorrow" (school, work,,,) etc...

Don's words there emphasize that you better make the most of whatever you are doing today, because you never know when it'll all be gone.
                              '81 XS11H Venturer - holed up in storage while life happened since 07/08/04
                              '81 Kawasaki KE175 enduro - 63 mph of smokey fun, now with collector plates!

Comment

So sad to hear of Dons passing.

So sad to hear of Dons passing. His advice was very helpful to me and I still have some spare parts that I bought from him. RIP good friend. Alita and family, its been a few months now, and I suppose that you are healing, may God watch over you and yours , and may Don rest in peace.
                                Bikes Now.
                                80 MNS 11 pods,georgefix kit,stock jets, HD Sporty muffs
                                79 XS 11 Special, Emgo pods, stock jets, with Pacifico fairing, hard bags, intact stock pipes Sold
                                83 Yammi Venture with custom footboards, 20k miles.
                                83 Yammi Venture parts bike

99 Valkyrie shield and bags 37k miles like new
                                08 ZX 14 Kawa Ninja 6k miles Sold

Comment

Working...
                                X