No announcement yet.

Don Glardon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A great contributor and friend...thus a great loss to this community ...My prayers and condolences to his family as well. i had the pleasure of meeting and riding once with Don at XSEast a few yrs back in SE Ohio...I have always enjoyed his posts and the work he did on his bikes as well. Godspeed Don
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Very sorry to hear. Practice hike for a boy scout trip... Says a lot about his level of commitment doesn't it?
      My best to the family.
      "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
      1981 LH

Comment

This came as a real shocker to me. He was just at the house on his bike about two weeks ago,looked good and happy.He lived life to the fullest I believe, and will be missed by myself and his family.He put on no airs and was just what you thought he was...one of the best.
        Don is on the right on one of our SWOHXS(southwest ohio xs) rides in Indiana.
        '80 XS1100 SG
        Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

So sorry to hear of this. Never met face-to-face but there is a kindred spirit that always came through. Will miss his posts. Condolences to family; this is hard to take anytime but to go without any warning is particularly difficult to loved ones.
          Jerry Fields
          '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
          '06 Concours
          My Galleries Page.
          My Blog Page.
          "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Damn! That sucks, I haven't seen Don in a couple years, I rode with him, hung out with him a little and wrenched with him on another XSive's bike. He was a top notch guy and will be sorely missed. Thoughts and prayers to his family
            Ride safe
            I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

Just saw this thread ... and as I type this, tears are running down my face.

Even though I'm one of the newer members here, I, like so many others here, looked forward to every one of Don's posts ... so knowledgeable ...

But even more important than that, Don seemed to have a great insight on life and how to deal with life trials that come our way,

and his gentleness, kindness, and respect for everyone was always there, underlying every post he made.

He seemed like the kind of man who touched people's lives, impacted their lives in a positive way.

I was so looking forward to meeting him someday, to thank him in person for all he has done for this community.

Don, you truly will be sorely missed ... my prayers and sincerest condolences go out to his wife and family.
              Marco

Current bikes:
              1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
              1979 Honda CBX
              2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
              WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

I'm absolutely stunned to hear this.

I can't begin to say how sorry I am to hear about Don's passing.

Don was always a great source of solid advice and help.

I thought it was pretty cool how he was building another 11.

I always enjoyed our discussions here, and will certainly miss him.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

RIP, DGXSER.
                Bob
                '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Wow, what a shock is that. ..I don't have words to describe it. ..truly an XSesive...
                  My thoughts and prayers are with the family. ...
                  He will be missed, but one day we shall meet
                  RIP DGXSER
                  Nick

1979 XS11 F,Yamaha fairings w/hard bags, TC's fuse box, K&N air filter

1982 Virago 750 (it's alive!)

1979 XS 11 F, Windjammer IV, Samsonite luggage cases(another rescue)

Comment

I am so sad to hear this

Words can not express how bad this makes me feel.My heart hurts .He loved his family so much & was such a positive presence here & for SWOXS. It just won't be the same without him..........................
                    It's just me at the edge..........waving

Comment

my deepest sympathy for the family. makes one sad. he will be greatly missed by all. always looked forward to his posts and responses. one should live life like there's no tommorow.
                      when you want something bad enough, don't let anything stand in your way, and don't take "no" for an answer. EVER

graybird78
                      80 sg (old faithfull)

Comment

So sad to hear this.I don't get on here like I used to. I always expected to see Don contributing to the various threads. I talked to him a few times via pm's and in threads quite a few times. He was a humble and helpful guy.
                        My condolences to Don's family.
                        80 SG XS1100
                        14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

I did not know Don personally but considered him a friend all the same. You can see form the sheer number of post that he was one of the most knowledgeable on the site and what he said was usually right on.

I am so sad to hear of his passing and am at a loss for words. Please accept my sincere condolences.

Mike Giroir
                          New Orleans, Louisiana
                          Mike Giroir
                          79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

I love these old bikes and the men that keep them running. So sorry to hear of Don's passing. My bikes will miss the great advice offered by DGXSER. Don, please pass by gently on the morning breeze to let your family and all of your XS11 friends know you are OK.
                            1995 KZ100P
                            Pods, jets, pipes, cam adjuster, oil cooler

1977 Ironhead - custom build
                            Hot engine, custom frame, KZ front and rear, high torque starter, alternator conversion, Progressive shocks, Thunderheart wiring, Dyna ignition, oil cooler, Dakota Digital instruments, etc.

Sold all my XS's to Eastcoaster but still love to keep up with you guys. This is the best cycle forum on the web.

Comment

passing

I'm stunned, we traded parts many times, but I never had the pleasure of riding with him. He will be missed by our family and my sincere condolences go out to his family. RIP
                              mack
                              79 XS 1100 SF Special
                              HERMES
                              original owner
                              http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps6932d5df.jpg

81 XS 1100 LH MNS
                              SPICA
                              http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad305/mack-055/2.jpg

78 XS 11E
                              IOTA
                              https://youtu.be/wB5Jfbp6SUc
                              https://youtu.be/RaI3WYHSuWA

Have recovery trailer and shop if you breakdown in my area.
                              Frankford, Ont, Canada
                              613-398-6186

Comment

So at 47 (for another week or so) I am just getting started again in my riding years.

It makes my eyes tear up.

We are blessed he was with us.
                                -Mike
                                _________
                                '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
                                '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
                                '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
                                '79 XS750SF 17k miles
                                '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
                                '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
                                '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Working...
                                X