X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonz
    replied
    Head count, new attendee's

How are we doing on guys knowing if they can make the Colorado Rally this summer?

-July 15-18, Canon City, Colorado.
    -Group campsite at Echo Canyon Campground by the Royal Gorge on Hwy 50.
    -Hotels/Motels available in Canon City.

XJOK2PLAY, what hotel are you and Bohn staying at, do you mind sharing and other guys might check there to get their rooms?

I made a list awhile back, how about everyone that is coming respond to the thread and it'll be an updated/refreshed list.

Winter, literally, left Colorado 2 weeks ago and riding season is in full swing! Man, it's pretty with everything greening up.

Leave a comment:

• XJOK2PLAY
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80 View Post
    That's the highway we were on when we rode through the tornado headed to Brant's last spring Bob. Remember the 50 mph cross wind, heavy rain and it looked like the sky was going to drop on us at any moment.

It's a 2 lane.
    Exactly. That was a stretch of road and bad weather I'll never forget.

When we finally stopped, I took off my riding jacket and had red marks all over my arms from riding through the hail!

Those winds were gusting so bad I wasn't sure we were gonna be able to stay on the road! That was riding at a serious lean angle while going in a straight line!

I kept thinking we'd come to an overpass we could get under... but no!
    We were in Kansas, home of the flatest place on Earth.
    Just kept our heads ducked and our legs tucked and plowed through... for like, 40 miles of that wicked storm.

How could I forget?

Leave a comment:

• BA80
    replied
    That's the highway we were on when we rode through the tornado headed to Brant's last spring Bob. Remember the 50 mph cross wind, heavy rain and it looked like the sky was going to drop on us at any moment.

It's a 2 lane.

Leave a comment:

• XJOK2PLAY
    replied
    400 heads straight west out of Witchita, Ks.
    Through Kingman, Pratt, Ford...
    Goes through Dodge City, Garden City, that direction.
    Not sure it's an interstate, though.

Better route choice for Greg... 'cause his bike's (a) "Special."

Leave a comment:

• motoman
    replied
    Originally posted by Bonz View Post
    I-400? What road is that?
    .......with the whacked out GPS he uses that ends up sending you out in some unknown corn field......your guess is as good as mine. May be just one to many zeros....but who knows?

Leave a comment:

• Bonz
    replied
    I-400? What road is that?

Leave a comment:

• BA80
    replied
    Originally posted by JeffH View Post
    Passing through Newton (30 miles north) about 11am Wednesday 13th heading for a good old western shootout at sunset in Dodge City.

Jeff
    That's a day before I'll be there. Probably stay the night in Wichita the 14th at Ivans if he'll let me. Then catch I 400 into Colorado 15th AM.

Why are you going so far north?
    Last edited by BA80; 05-12-2016, 07:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JeffH
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80 View Post
    You gonna be passing through Wichita? If so, when?
    Passing through Newton (30 miles north) about 11am Wednesday 13th heading for a good old western shootout at sunset in Dodge City.

Jeff

Leave a comment:

• motoman
    replied
    XJOK2PLAY, check your PMs.

Leave a comment:

• BA80
    replied
    Originally posted by JeffH View Post
    Even got my motels booked along the Nifty-Fifty staying over in KY, IL, MO, KS & Pueblo.

Jeff
    You gonna be passing through Wichita? If so, when?

Leave a comment:

• motoman
    replied
    JeffH, check your PM.

Leave a comment:

• motoman
    replied
    Aslo Jeff, SWMBO and I sure enjoyed having barbeque lunch with you and your riding friend last fall when you were here on your 1800Wings!.

Leave a comment:

• motoman
    replied
    Glad to hear your gonna' make a go at it on the XS Jeff! Definitely wouldn't catch me trying to do a LD ride on a scoot through that area right now!
    SWMBO and I are still considering 'caging' it to Canon for the rally just to visit with you and the rest attending.

Leave a comment:

• JeffH
    replied
    Joe, sorry to hear about your brother. You will have to tell us about him during the CO Rally. I pray his family is getting along ok and that you and the other siblings are coping ok as well. 59 is so young. We can do some miles in his honor if that's good with you.

You are 100% on point reminding us that we should not get caught up postponing things that we really enjoy doing. So often life gets in the way keeping us from doing the few things we would like to do. Like our bucket list. There is usually a way to get away but that can be challenging for sure. The proverbial health, time, money, other commitments.

I'm looking forward to another ride out to Colorado. Nice roads and great scenery always make it very enjoyable. Plus some great XSive fellowship. Countdown = 65 days. Hope now that we are just a couple months out that a few more can arrange their plans to join us whether via bike or cage or motor-home or RV.

I'm planning on leaving Atlanta on July 10th. Leaving a little weather flexibility in the ride plan in case any tornado's or super cell T's pop up in the middle (IN, IL, MO, KS). Still planning to ride the 11E unless I break something during upcoming maintenance. Even got my motels booked along the Nifty-Fifty staying over in KY, IL, MO, KS & Pueblo.

Jeff

Leave a comment:

• Bonz
    replied
    I am sorry to hear that, Joe. I think the 650 Maxim Midnight Special would be a great ride for the rally.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X