Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonz
    replied
    That sounds awesome JW! I have a quick break from coaching basketball camp at the United States Air Force Academy and wanted to say how excited I am to see you again.

For one night I'll let you know what you owe once you get there. Won't be much though.

Leave a comment:

• jwhughes3
    replied
    Howard,

I am looking at getting up there and tooling around leading up to the rally, and will likely be able to join up in camping for Friday night where everyone is staying - if there is room for another bedroll. Can I Venmo or PayPal you or someone else?

I will hang a bit on Sat morning for breakfast and maybe an early morning run but need to be headed back home on Saturday as I will have to be home by Sunday to travel for work on Monday. At least I will get to see some folks even if briefly.

John

Leave a comment:

• Bonz
    replied
    Yeah, Brant, they have some sweets for you! And a bottomless coffee pot.

Menu...

http://www.thebullmooseinguffey.com/menu.php

Sorry you won't make it, Brent. Thanks for giving it some thought and keep fighting the good fight.

Leave a comment:

• XJOK2PLAY
    replied
    Brent,
    Sorry to hear we won't be able to see you at this one.

Prayers sent for the Mrs.
    Sorry to hear she's not doing well.
    Understand, though. Good man for taking care of her.

We'll hope to see you soon at the next one.

I'll try to take pics and post for ya.
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• Brent
    replied
    on the fence,,,,

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
    Oh buddy! Did another recon ride this morning to Guffey and the Bullmoose Restaurant. That was some delicious food and plenty of room for a bunch of guys like us. About a 30-35 minute ride from the campground, great start to the day and a great breakfast for the price. $9.95 for a chicken fried steak, a biscuit with gravy, hasbrowns and eggs. Lots of other great menu items too.

Just keeping you guys that might be on the fence considering your options!

Lord, there is some good riding to be had out here...

Yes there is!!

I am so high on the fence that I can almost taste it from here. Moving up to the top of the fence post, I can see it in my minds eye. Sadly, No I do not believe I will be attending. Obligations to wife in Sickness and health... I wish I had turned into a health and fitness nut and dragged her along years ago...
    For others on the fence, I have ridden some of it, and want more. Ride when you can. Next year, Later, and someday does not always work well. Ride when you can. Please take and post pictures and stories. I will be lurking...(But is really NOT the same)
    PS I am happy for all those who can attend, even if on 4 wheels

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by JeffH
    Free Publicity:
    I see that the CO XS Rally is listed by Motorcycle Colorado in their Rides, Runs, Rally section at motorcyclecolorado.com
    Not by accident...I submitted the ride, as I have for other Colorado rallies, to get it listed on their calendar. My mistake on the camping fee. If anyone shows up from this I will make up the difference.

The Motorcycle Colorado web site has many interesting articles and I would recommend taking a look at it. The link to their home page is:

http://http://www.motorcyclecolorado.com/
    Last edited by Jerry; 06-13-2016, 08:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• motoman
    replied
    Oh buddy! Did another recon ride this morning to Guffey and the Bullmoose Restaurant. That was some delicious food and plenty of room for a bunch of guys like us. About a 30-35 minute ride from the campground, great start to the day and a great breakfast for the price. $9.95 for a chicken fried steak, a biscuit with gravy, hasbrowns and eggs. Lots of other great menu items too.

lol.......if I fell off the fence in right direction, do they also have pie/coffee(pie is synomous with ST riders) for us ole' STeed riders....even if riding in cages?.

Leave a comment:

• Bonz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bonz
    replied
    That is some great PR! Yeehaw!

With that said if 8 guys had paid $15 deposit that would have covered just under half of the cost based on 8 individual bodies camping at the group site. It isn't accurate that they are saying $15 for the whole weekend because that is the deposit amount to help defray my out-of-pocket in reserving the campsite, but I don't expect more than a total of $30 per person.

Did another reconnaissance ride today down to Bishop's Castle, looped around through Westcliff and back through Cripple Creek & Victor then home to Palmer Lake. Wanted to check out all of the roads and everything looks wonderful.

Obviously that's a much larger ride then we will be doing for the rally given where I started from. Starting from Canon City area those rides will be really fun with some local places to eat in the towns on the way.

Leave a comment:

• JeffH
    replied
    Free Publicity:
    I see that the CO XS Rally is listed by Motorcycle Colorado in their Rides, Runs, Rally section at motorcyclecolorado.com

http://www.motorcyclecolorado.com/rides_and_rallies.htm

Event: Rumble In The Rockies
    Organization: Yamaha XS11 Owner’s Association
    Date: Friday, July 15 to Monday, July 18
    Cost: $15 for camping all weekend; other lodging and all meals are attendee’s responsibility
    Information: http://www.appleattic.net/Co_2016/

Neat to get a couple walk-ins. Even better to get some surprise XSives show up.
    In 30 days I will be heading west
    Very much looking forward to the campfires, rides and seeing everyone.

Jeff

Leave a comment:

• motoman
    replied
    Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
    Not sure what a kitchen pass is, but I'm the one who would have to prep any meals for SWMBO before I left. The only cooking she does is pouring a bowl of Cheerios or a PB&J sandwich. She just doesn't like the idea of being left alone for that long. Depression sucks that way...
    lol.....'kitchen pass' = SWMBO pass, 'good to go'..........just keep preppin' those meals prior!

Leave a comment:

• CatatonicBug
    replied
    Originally posted by motoman View Post
    C.Bug...........keep the 'kitchen pass' in mind I earlier posted for a suggestion.
    Not sure what a kitchen pass is, but I'm the one who would have to prep any meals for SWMBO before I left. The only cooking she does is pouring a bowl of Cheerios or a PB&J sandwich. She just doesn't like the idea of being left alone for that long. Depression sucks that way...

Leave a comment:

• CatatonicBug
    replied
    CatatonicBug, you thinking of the Motoman pre-rally rally, or coming for the rally rally too?
    Oh, definitely both! No point in coming just half way, then tuning around and going home! I just like the idea of travelling in a group, as we'll be more visible to cagers and we'll have ready help in case of break-down.

Leave a comment:

• motoman
    replied
    Totally understand if it were to not work out........I'd just have to keep someone else up late.

Leave a comment:

• BA80
    replied
    still planning on it buddy but time will tell. I just moved into a new place ($$$$$$$$$$$) and Obamanomics is killing business at work.

Gonna start Ebaying stuff again soon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X