Cali Rally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cali Rally?

So I know I am getting started early, but I want to get together for a ride this june , central coast , yosemite. Somewhere with in a days ride from san diego. The dates I am thinking of are 6/24-6/27. Any takers??
    91 kwaka kz1000p
    Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

im down. i just like to ride.
    1979 xs1100 aka Bobby

Comment

Check out the latest post from LoHo,,,,about a rally this June 11 in the central coas

Hey Garth,,,,,LoHo just posted a rally in Central California June 11-13. So, hopefully you can adjust your priceless work schedule and ride up with us, whoever can from the S.Diego area.......it is the same time and place as last years rally, with maybe a few new faces like YOU....... regards, Mike
      mike
      1982 xj1100 maxim
      1981 venture bagger
      1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
      1959 wife

Comment

I'm into whatever I can make work. Where is LOHO's post?
        Special Ed
        Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
        I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Originally posted by Special Ed View Post
          I'm into whatever I can make work. Where is LOHO's post?
          Special Ed
          Here it is:
          http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25681
          Pat Kelly
          <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
          1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
          2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
          1999 Suburban (The Ship)
          1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
          1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

directions?

I re-read the other post by LOHO and still do not see directions for where to meet and what the ride will entail - I am probably going to be in SD around that time and would like to take a trip with Rising Sun if it isn't a marathon.

Can someone who was there last year post the trip details (length, time to meet and where, etc)?

Thanks
            John in San Antonio
            John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
            '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
            Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

trip details

Hi,,,,we have a group of xs riders leaving from san diego on friday morn. early, and heading up casually to the rally, one hour at a time to gas and stretch. The route is up highway 5, pick up Scott{3Phase} in LA,,Reffi and his wife, then up to the rally. Total trip time is around 8 hours, but we ride safe. Now if Planedick, in LA, goes, you are welcome to try and keep up with his xs at 80 to 100 mph plus. There could be other members on the way, so as the rally gets closer we can get all the pickup details. So far its at least 4 from San Diego, plus a couple of pickups in LA,,,,and off to the Rally. Probably return sunday afternoon or early monday for an extra days rest. The XS crew is a bunch of great guys, no women xs'rs at the rally yet. Lots of experience with these bikes, so a good crew to ride up with. SO,,,,keep up on the rally thread, regards, Mike in Sun Diego
              mike
              1982 xj1100 maxim
              1981 venture bagger
              1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
              1959 wife

Comment

8 hours

I was thinking it was only 5 or 6 hours away, any ways how much did it cost for a campsite last year and what do we do about food out there
                91 kwaka kz1000p
                Stock

Comment

Originally posted by garthxs View Post
                  I was thinking it was only 5 or 6 hours away, any ways how much did it cost for a campsite last year and what do we do about food out there
                  When Loho is host, food is never a problem. Just chip in whatever you can to cover the cost.
                  With this much advance notice we should be able to get a campsite to accommodate up to at least 4 tents. Someone else will have to chime in with the cost thing.
                  5 or 6 hours? With PlaneDick probably 4!
                  Special Ed
                  Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
                  I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

fast

he really moves down the road , but I am used to riding on san diego highways, and everybody flies @ about 70-75
                    91 kwaka kz1000p
                    Stock

Comment

garthxs,

The last few gunshows I did in Del Mar the average commute speed from Del Mar to Clairemont on 5 to the 805 was 85mph. No joke. I guess people really do want to get out of L.A.
                      RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

yeah

They go just as fast when it rains, the last time it rained we had over 400 accidents!
                        91 kwaka kz1000p
                        Stock

Comment

Garth,
                          One of the last two trips down there it WAS raining. I guess I should say showers. Right there at the 5 to 805 transition where it was nice and flat, no one even broke stride. I started to slow up because it was pouring at that point and I almost go run down.
                          On the other trip I was coming south up over the top of that hill just south of Del Mar and checked behind me to make a lane change when a guy in one of those wedge shaped Mercedes coupes went past my driver door at over a hundred. When I checked, everything was clear and had just started to make the lane change. Missed me by less that 2 feet. There would have been 85 Toyota pickup parts for a half mile if I had been any quicker.
                          Where exactly does the CHP patrol down there?
                          RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

like I said

over 400 accidents last time it rained , the chp is busy
                            91 kwaka kz1000p
                            Stock

Comment

Okay, I made my ressies for the KOA in Santa Margarita, Kabin #28, the one we took over last year. Brant from Colorado may take #29, the one I had last year, and the next one up is #30, in case a couple of you tenters want to pool your resources and have a bed and electricity instead.

June 11-12-13 at the Santa Margarita Lake KOA.

As a teacher in a public school, things will be a little tighter this year, but I think we can still make a go of it for the Rally. Someone let Tkat know, and Roo, and any other likely suspects. The routine will be the same as last year, but with a more organized ride system to replace our "Let's ride fast until we're lost"-method we tried last year.

And I'll bring my own trash can.
                              "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Working...
                              X