No announcement yet.

2004 Classic Yamaha Rally in Suches, GA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure it will be cleaned up by next month.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

Looks like you folks are targeted again. Let us know how it turns out THIS time.
      Marty in NW PA
      Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
      Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
      This IS my happy face.

Comment

Has anyone been around up there? How's it look?
        Marty in NW PA
        This IS my happy face.

Comment

I haven't heard any news, so I am under the assumption that the place is still there. Perhaps you heard the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground is closed? Did I post it? As far as TWO, no news is good news. I think I would have heard. Below is the latest I have from the camp in NC.

> Britt,
          > To answer your question as to the state of Blue Ridge M/C Campground,
          > I've enclosed an email from the Alabama Beemers Onelist by president
          > Connie Reeves. Well Hey Folks,
          >
          > I just spent an hour on the phone with Phillip and then Leslie
          > too. It isn't only the bridge but the feeder to the Trout Pond was
          > destroyed so there is no water entering the trout pond. AND, the concrete holding wall at the other end of the pond was picked up and floated off to another part of the campground. Some of the campground road was sort of washed away, and there's lots of folks tents and such stuff that they did not have time to pack up , that are wrapped around trees and stuff.
          > There are also two bikes that did not get out of the campground. The
          > two guys who own them, had gone off with a friend of theirs in a truck for
          > the day and could not get back to the campground in time. They were on their way back and Hwy 276 was closed for a wash out and they were stuck. So these guys are out of luck to get their bikes until a bridge is built. It's sounds to me like it's quite a mess up there.
          > I told Phillip and Leslie that once they were able to check into
          > things that they should let us know if any help we could possibly give them by
          > driving up there as a group or separately on weekends or even weekdays to clean up or dig or whatever, to let us know and maybe some of us could rally around and go do something.
          > Phillip and Leslie will have to sort of go over the mountain and
          > ford the small stream (waist high or better) on the back side of the campground to be able to collect laundry from the cabins, store food, clean up and other sorts of jobs like that.
          >
          > That's the latest.
          > Connie
          Marty (in Mississippi)
          XS1100SG
          XS650SK
          XS650SH
          XS650G
          XS6502F
          XS650E

Comment

Yoiks! Thats' only a hunnert miles away fom TWO.
            Thanks Marty. See you in a couple of weeks.
            Marty in NW PA
            This IS my happy face.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyA
              Has anyone been around up there? How's it look?
              I rode up there a week ago and it was fine. Anything from this last storm should certainly be cleaned up by the rally.
              Robert
              79 SF

Comment

Thanks Robert, been wondering about that.

See you there.

Ralph
                Ralph Meeks
                79F
                80SG

Comment

I hope to ride up that way again this weekend (SWMBO permitting ), if so I'll report back. The weather since this past weekend has been perfect for riding!
                  Robert
                  79 SF

Comment

Hi Rob,
                    Some people have all the luck !!!! I've been looking forward all year to getting back to Such, GA and riding the "twisties".
                    This year, I'm looking forward to bringing my Suzuki 1100 Katana (I'm bringing a better tool for the job !!!!)
                    Looking forward to seeing you & riding with you .

See you soon !!!
                    Bruce Gerken
                    '79 XS1100SF
                    "The Black"
                    '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                    The Red Sled.
                    St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

I planon being there again, I came up last year but got there too late to make the ride, I may stay over friday night, just to make sure I'm on the ride on Saturday. Later 'Dog

Comment

So Rob, did you get up there? How's it look?

I hope you planned another terrific route!! Last year was GREAT!
                        Marty in NW PA
                        This IS my happy face.

Comment

Man, I am looking forward to getting there, I am worried about roads in NC where me and Bruce will be spending the week after.

Things are on schedule except for the forks are torn off the Tuono for a revalve (doing it myself) as I write this. Did an 11 hour day on it last weekend so it should be OK.

I will be bringing along some key fobs and back patches if anybody wants some:

First two items only:

Goodies

Do not order them from the website, it don't work.
                          Gary Granger
                          Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
                          2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Hey 66, I would like to have the xs eleven & the 78e back patch. TIA. Later 'Dog

Comment

So which is it to be? The Italian job or the old slip-slide 1200?
                              Marty in NW PA
                              This IS my happy face.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyA
                                So which is it to be? The Italian job or the old slip-slide 1200?
                                Slip-slide? Hmmm....never did a lot of that (OK a few feet of sliding on the side ) Right now it looks like the Tuono is going, the revalve seemed to go OK, these modern day forks are something else I tell ya. Anyway I will have a laptop with me as well so if anybody has photos or DVD's that they want to share bring them along. I will have some past rally pictures and cool MC videos....as well as Faster the MotoGP movie. Bruce called and the new bike is ready. I think we will have some problems keeping up with him....... . It will take me a couple of days of practice and suspension tuning to be as fast as the Bandit I think. Well maybe a few corners at least..... .

Any news from Harley Dave? I am leaving at 3pm on Thursday and picking up Bruce about 6pm. We should be there before dark for a change.
                                Gary Granger
                                Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
                                2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Working...
                                X