Florida-Georgia Line 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GA-FL Line.

It was only Jeff and I that left Atlanta last year headed to FL. Looks like we are going to have a bigger group this time. The more, the merrier. Looking forward to it. Won't be long now.
    1981 XS1100H Venturer
    K&N Air Filter
    ACCT
    Custom Paint by Deitz
    Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
    Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
    Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
    Stebel Nautilus Horn
    EBC Front Rotors
    Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

I am going to service bike next week. I am ready to head south in search of warm, dry weather.
      The other Earl
      80SG, 81SH, 80 standard parts bike, 81SH parts bike
      and new to me 78 standard dresser

Comment

Originally posted by Old Red
        I am going to service bike next week. I am ready to head south in search of warm, dry weather.
        Same here. Running behind, just ordered a new front tire, battery, rear brake pads. Install those plus oil and filter change before I leave. Have some work to do!
        Jerry Fields
        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
        '06 Concours
        My Galleries Page.
        My Blog Page.
        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

FL-GA Line Rally update

Quick Reminder & Update of the Florida - Georgia Line Rally

Dates: Arriving Fri April 5th - Leaving Mon April 8th
          Motel: whatever you choose, but I think most everyone is at Days Inn Kingsland
          - on GA Hwy 40 east of I-95 exit 3 (after all the name of the Rally is FL-Ga Line so we will ride the line as best we can )
          Rally group rides on Saturday and Sunday

Atlanta meet point times have been tweaked. We want to arrive Kingsland by 6:30PM but also have an enjoyable backroads ride around the river basins and across the coastal plains (and a couple of swamps) plus the all important obligatory lunch buffet. At the GA212 / GA81 Chevron we can say our HELLO's and fill up before heading out into the hinterlands. To keep things rolling these are Departure times:

08:15 AM Shell at Holcomb Bridge and Spalding (Jerry will need to make an Early Bird - Jet Lag wake up)
          09:15 AM Chick-Fil-A at Turner Hill / GA 124
          09:45 AM Chevron at GA212 and GA81

12:00-1:00 Lunch at Chester Dean's in Sandersville
          4:30 PM Gas stop in Screven (will have mostly XS11's on the ride so gas is good)

6:15 PM hope to be at Kingsland

Guess that's all for now.
          A chance to meet up with XSives if you are so inclined to just hang out. A change to ride too if you are so inclined. Join us if you can, we don't bite.

Jeff
          78' XS1100 E
          78' XS1100 E
          78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
          '99 Triumph Sprint ST
          '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Hey JefF:

Where is Lake Blackshear? I hear they have some large pets:

The massive reptile was found in the ditch near Lake Blackshear, Melissa Cummings, a spokeswoman for the Georgia DNR, told Fox News on Saturday.
            Quite the animal!
            Jerry Fields
            '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
            '06 Concours
            My Galleries Page.
            My Blog Page.
            "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
              Hey Jeff:

Where is Lake Blackshear? I hear they have some large pets:

Quite the animal!
              Motel is on the lake. That is why everyone has to sign a release / hold harmless waiver.

Actually Lake Blackshear is west of Cordele in the central part of Georgia. Very nice State Park there but like most of Georgia and Florida over to Louisiana you got to be watch the kids and pets. Small dogs make especially good snacks for these guys.
              Makes a good pet. Mostly docile until hungry. lol

We should maybe see some big alligators in the Okefenokee. It's mating season so they are especially agressive. This 700 pounder probably fattened up in the State Park dumpster diving or taking over a picnic table when the dinner bell rang. Bring a flashlight.

See ya soon
              Jeff
              78' XS1100 E
              78' XS1100 E
              78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
              '99 Triumph Sprint ST
              '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Swamp meet

Alan and I will meet the group in Kingsland Friday evening. Would love to intercept the Atlanta guys and go down together but we lose an hour time change and another hour distance wise. Too much work. Always wanted to ride the Okeefenokee around midnight with no lights on.......We’ll see.......
                Steve:

Comment

Originally posted by steve scott View Post
                  Alan and I will meet the group in Kingsland Friday evening. Would love to intercept the Atlanta guys and go down together but we lose an hour time change and another hour distance wise. Too much work. Always wanted to ride the Okeefenokee around midnight with no lights on.......We’ll see.......
                  Steve:
                  Yeah, its not worth the hassle of your riding east to hook up with us on our 148 degree heading to Kingsland when you can go direct on your 124 degree track. Interesting that 'as the crow flies' miles are nearly identical from our starting point and yours. That, plus your added stress of trying to make a meet point at a set time while we are trying to get the XSive Conga Line from Atlanta to Kingsland via back roads before dark.

btw: Tornado, that sure was a close call for y'all on that devastation. 170-200 mph EF4 sure destroys everything in its path. Sad to see so much destruction and loss of life. Drove back from Don's on Tallahassee on Mar 4 on GA41 to Talbotton without knowing Talbotton had gotten trashed with the same tornado. Big mess north end of town.

Looking forward to seeing you and Alan in Kingsland on April 5.

Jeff
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                  '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                  '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

two weeks to go

Kingsland GA
                    April 5-8

Rally Rides: Planned 9:15 AM to 6 PM (or whatever we want) Rally Ride on both Saturday April 6 and Sunday April 7.
                    Some swamp, some coastal lowlands and some barrier islands.
                    Saturday loop & zig-zag ride is about 200 miles. Sunday the Okefenokee 160 is about 160 miles of alligators and birds we can call the B&A 160.
                    If we see no alligators and birds then we will just call it the Okefenokee 160.
                    EZ to adjust what we do depending on what group decides when we meet in Kingsland.
                    Ride(s) will depart hopefully by 9:15 Days Inn Kingsland which is just east of I-95 exit 3 on GA40

In case you were wondering about food: planning a meet & greet group dinner starting say at 6:30PM to 7PM on Friday 5th. Big variety of 'walk to' restaurants right next to Days Inn so we can choose one once we arrive Kingsland and get checked-in. 15 XSives from what I know so far. Most everyone staying until Monday 8th but a couple bikes will ride Sun AM then head home since they have to be at work on Monday.

Hope you and your machines are ready or nearly ready.
                    Be sure to join us if you can

Jeff and the XSSE XSives
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Looking like another XS1100 will be at Kingsland, mine

Pathetic I know, but E has been apart for five months.
                      Nothing major but nuisance things that chew up big time. Series of the begats.
                      Finished up late yesterday and took it for tank of Non-Eth at my corner Shell, then test ride.
                      though Test Ride during Atlanta Friday night Rush Hour probably not too bright

Sporting new LED's too. Nice and bright
                      Made up an all new high temp pickup coil wire harness. Neutral Switch wire now has its own separate harness.
                      Sunny 70 degree afternoon so heading out now for a real test ride

This is the Duwayne bike AKA Baltimore (BWI Bee-Wee) I got fall 2017 and rode to VYR in Sept.
                      It was a nice bike to begin with but needed FULL service and a few things needed to be corrected.

Jeff
                      Last edited by JeffH; 03-23-2019, 01:24 PM.
                      78' XS1100 E
                      78' XS1100 E
                      78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                      '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                      '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Very nice Jeff..my envy meter is pegged...
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Its gonna be a blast, can't wait.
                          2H7 (79)
                          3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Heading for South Georgia Too

Nancy & I will be with this group as well.... Time to take a couple days OFF!

Unfortunately, my XS11's have had very minimal road time since the rally so Yamaha's grandson to the XS11 will be our ride for the weekend (FJR).

Next year we'll plan a little better and make sure one of our XS11's is ready for the Challenge of trying to keep Jeff's tail lamp in view.

Kurt
                            Kurt Boehringer
                            Peachtree City, Georgia

1970 - CT70K0 - Mini-Trail
                            1978 - SR500 - Thumper
                            1979 - CT70H - Mini-Trail
                            1979 - XS1100SF - Pensacola
                            1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
                            1980 - XS1100SG - The Ugly Duck
                            1980 - XS1100SG - Mayberry Duck
                            1981 - XS1100SH - DEAD Duck Cafe'
                            1981 - XJ550 Maxim - Nancy's Mini-Max
                            1982 - XJ650 SECA - Hurricane
                            1986 - FJ1200 - Georgia Big Red
                            1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
                            2016 - FJR1300A - Montgomery

Comment

Looking like rain here on Friday, I might head down tomorrow. I will be watching the weather today to see what is best.

Earl
                              80SG, 81SH, 80 standard parts bike, 81SH parts bike
                              and new to me 78 standard dresser

Comment

Originally posted by Old Red View Post
                                Looking like rain here on Friday, I might head down tomorrow. I will be watching the weather today to see what is best.

Earl
                                Earl,

Same here. We are watching the pattern that is setting up. We are talking about maybe leaving Thursday afternoon and getting part of the way down to Kingsland. Would rather leave Atlanta sunny and warm on Thursday afternoon riding with the sun at our back vs Friday AM in a T-Storm. Likely a different bike choice too depending on what the weather is going to be doing here in ATL on Friday & Monday.

Jeff
                                Last edited by JeffH; 04-03-2019, 01:47 PM.
                                78' XS1100 E
                                78' XS1100 E
                                78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                                '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                                '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Working...
                                X