No announcement yet.

Florida-Georgia Line 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a room booked for Phil and I at the Days Inn for the 5th - 8th.
    Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

Florida Run

Originally posted by thumperjsa View Post
      Got a room booked for Phil and I at the Days Inn for the 5th - 8th.
      Good news. Glad you are able to come. See you guys in a few.
      1981 XS1100H Venturer
      K&N Air Filter
      ACCT
      Custom Paint by Deitz
      Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
      Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
      Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
      Stebel Nautilus Horn
      EBC Front Rotors
      Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

A basic web site for XSSE has been set up:
        XSSE

Send me any info you would like added to the page.
        Jerry Fields
        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
        '06 Concours
        My Galleries Page.
        My Blog Page.
        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
          A basic web site for XSSE has been set up:
          XSSE

Send me any info you would like added to the page.
          Jerry,
          THANKS for getting that Rally Site webpage setup for us.

and that all important link to Kingsland Rally Info:
          EZ just click here: XSSE

Looking like we should have mainly XS11's at the Rally too ……….. what a concept for an XS11 rally

The pollen is flying and the cherry trees are already in bloom here so it won't be long now till we ride.

Jeff
          Last edited by JeffH; 02-10-2019, 01:28 PM.
          78' XS1100 E
          78' XS1100 E
          78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
          '99 Triumph Sprint ST
          '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

I booked a room at the Days Inn for Friday night through Sunday night. I may also have a couple friends ride down with me. We should be there Friday by 6 PM.
            Earl
            80SG, 81SH, 80 standard parts bike, 81SH parts bike
            and new to me 78 standard dresser

Comment

Originally posted by Old Red View Post
              I booked a room at the Days Inn for Friday night through Sunday night. I may also have a couple friends ride down with me. We should be there Friday by 6 PM.
              Earl
              Earl,

FANTASTIC ………………………
              That is great news. I'm looking forward to it. We (the Atlanta group) should arrive Kingsland about the same time, 6pm to 7pm depending what we do for our lunch & gas/pit stops.
              It seems we will have XSive Ralliers rolling in from all directions but East (unless someone is riding in on a submarine from Kings Bay Naval Submarine Base).
              So far we have riders from NC, FL, GA & AL riding in. No one yet from far away trailering in that I know of.

Jeff
              78' XS1100 E
              78' XS1100 E
              78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
              '99 Triumph Sprint ST
              '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Long story. SWMBO wants to make a trip east to look at a house for retirement in eastern Iowa and was thinking about first couple weeks of April. I mentioned the XSSE rally and she said "Why don't you make plans to go since we will be east anyway?" So I have put in for vacation time, hope it gets approved, and if so will make reservations and join you guys if at all possible. I would be on my '06 Connie and possibly trailering it in. Would arrive evening of the 4th and depart on Monday.

Plans are in a state of flux yet. Will post when / if this comes to pass but I am hoping it does. Have never ridden in that part of the country and would like to meet some of the people behind the names.
                Jerry Fields
                '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                '06 Concours
                My Galleries Page.
                My Blog Page.

Comment

Long story. SWMBO wants to make a trip east to look at a house for retirement in eastern Iowa and was thinking about first couple weeks of April. I mentioned the XSSE rally and she said "Why don't you make plans to go since we will be east anyway?" So I have put in for vacation time, hope it gets approved, and if so will make reservations and join you guys if at all possible. I would be on my '06 Connie and possibly trailering it in. Would arrive evening of the 4th and depart on Monday.

Plans are in a state of flux yet. Will post when / if this comes to pass but I am hoping it does. Have never ridden in that part of the country and would like to meet some of the people behind the names.
                  Hi Jerry,
                  I hope you make it. don't tell your wife but Iowa is not on the way to Florida Good group of guys going and Jeff's rides are always good. The area is as Flat as Holland which will be a nice contrast to Colorado.
                  You will have to cross the Appalachian Mountains at some point. About as unlike the Rockies as you will find. So old they have been worn down to resemble giant hills.

Phil
                  1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                  1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                  2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Yep, Iowa is out of the way but will be stopping to see my mother and family in central Wisconsin. Will leave SWMBO at her sister's place (arranging to have a relative's car to use) and head to Georgia. On return will meet up with SWMBO at her sister's place and drive back to Iowa to re-visit any properties she thinks might be good candidates. Then Heidi-ho back to Colorado. Three weeks total.

Vacation was approved yesterday so I will be making reservations today. Depending on weather I may leave the truck and trailer in Wisconsin and ride the Connie to Georgia. To trailer or not will be a last-minute decision.

Will be adding a few bits to the rally web page over the weekend so take a look next week.
                    Jerry Fields
                    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                    '06 Concours
                    My Galleries Page.
                    My Blog Page.

Comment

Vacation was approved yesterday so I will be making reservations today. Depending on weather I may leave the truck and trailer in Wisconsin and ride the Connie to Georgia. To trailer or not will be a last-minute decision.
                      Jerry,

Good Plan
                      I'm pleased to hear you are planning to head to Georgia and be with us southern XSives at the Florida-Georgia Line Rally in Kingsland.

got trailer parking here
                      check your PM's

Will get you set up with some Gator Nuggets, Mullet and Low-Country Boil, yum ….

Jeff
                      78' XS1100 E
                      78' XS1100 E
                      78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                      '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                      '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Will get you set up with some Gator Nuggets, Mullet and Low-Country Boil, yum ….

Jeff[/QUOTE]

Hi Jeff, Ask Brent about the elusive Brunswick Stew another local specialty.
                        XSive rallies revolve around food and camaraderie.

Phil
                        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
                          Hi Jeff, Ask Brent about the elusive Brunswick Stew another local specialty.
                          XSive rallies revolve around food and camaraderie. Phil

Brent and I both prefer Brunswick Stew from Fresh Air in Jackson. That's our go to BBQ & Stew ride. We also like Brunswick Stew from Foggy Bottoms in Loganville. Don't even bother ordering it in Brunswick. It's not really a local specialty. They just lay claim to originating Brunswick Stew, not really specializing in it locally. VA & NC also have a rich tradition of a Brunswick Stew recipe. More of a mountains thing and if your meat is squirrel, pork or chicken plus hogs head. Local Specialty in Brunswick is more like Georgia Shrimp right off the boat. Or Scallops or fresh catch of the day. Brunswick Stew a rarity in Brunswick. And it is a small town. When the Marshside Grill in Brunswick specializes in Liver & Onions, Pot Roast, Country Fried steak you know the locals aren't eating squirrel stew. I don't recall ever even seeing Brunswick Stew on a restaurant menu in Brunswick. Longhorn is where the locals go. But there is some good food to be found.

In any case as you said, its the camaraderie and eating and talking and little bit of riding and more talking, then more eating. We are pretty good at that aren't we.

btw: did meet up with Brent for lunch yesterday and then we took a two cigar ride on a real twisty - twisty road five miles from my house. I've taken Ben on that bad boy. Only 3 miles but its all curves and hairpins and steep downhill curves into the next sharp curve going uphill. Very very technical demanding at 30mph. Becomes dangerous at 35mph. Got to have a death wish to take it at 40mph. Ben can vouch for that. Brent recalled being on that road once before. Driving a 28 ton Fire Truck. I think it is the most fun road in Georgia. Anyway, Brent and I rode it a few times back & forth then stopped for some talking and scenery looking. Spring is here. Trees turning green. yippie …………….

Jeff
                          Last edited by JeffH; 02-16-2019, 06:56 PM.
                          78' XS1100 E
                          78' XS1100 E
                          78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                          '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                          '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Hi Jeff i still fondly recall the Atlanta twisty tour..lots of twists n turns..That was lots of fun...Got lost trying to rememeber them all..but that road around the lake with all the houses on the hillsides and nothing more than a squiggily line of a road winding around around that lake like a wild serpent...lots of big money homes but you got no time to gawk...
                            Last edited by madmax-im; 02-18-2019, 05:52 PM.
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Just an FYI about the Days Inn Hotel rates. I got an email today that they are doing a spring sale. I easily rebooked the room for the 3 nights as they dropped their room night rate. It's now under $50 a night plus taxes.

So if you booked and paid more than $176 for the 3 nights, check to update the reservation there to save some bucks.
                              Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

XSSE Rally in a month

You bored and have nothing to do on April 5-6??
                                Don't be a Lurker like this one
                                Come join the XSive Herd

cows hanging out in Bronson Florida on Sunday March 3rd with some lush green green spring grass

Come Ride the 2019 Florida - Georgia Line
                                as it says below "we don't bite"

Jeff and the XSSE XSives
                                78' XS1100 E
                                78' XS1100 E
                                78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                                '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                                '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Working...
                                X