Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HalfCentury View Post
    Hey Scott

Just before I sold the XJ, I bought a stock seat and started modifying it.

I cut it flat and then added side and top foam to give it that "tractor seat" size.

It was comfortable to sit on in the garage but was never finished.

Living in Cali, you have all of the best aftermarket seat builder out there. Have you ever considered making a drive-in appointment at Laam or Russel?
    That's quite a project with that plastic seat pan, did you get any pictures? (hopeful look)

I have considered using that spare gallon of gas I had strapped to the back of the bike to set it on fire and call 911 to tell them there was a horrible crash but I think the rider got away, then dance around it singing pagan songs until the firetrucks arrived but other than that, no, I haven't looked into modifying the seat.

Crank it up!

Brant, dinner was great and you know how it is as the last few miles roll on by!

-- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Radioguylogs View Post
      Flat tires seem to be the theme this year at Vintage Yamaha SE...It was my turn Wednesday night on my way home. I went to see my Mom in Asheville Monday afternoon and came home yesterday. About 25 miles from home, one of my trailer tires blew out:

...I probably had this tire close to it's rated weight capacity of ~1000 lbs. I had it inflated to 80 psi per the maximum load rating recommendation. I drove 75 MPH most of the way home. I think I pushed it to overheat, so I will look for replacements without that weak seam in the middle of the circumference.

This week I received a recall notice from Harbor Freight for these tires because "These tires may not be strong enough to support the expected loads. The tires, therefore, fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 119, "New Pneumatic Tires-Other than Passenger Cars."

I already bought steel belted radials and installed them. I disposed of the blown tire. HF replacement tires are not available until January. Let's see what happens when I show with a picture of the blown tire and one tire mounted on an older rim.
      -Mike
      _________
      '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
      '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
      '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
      '79 XS750SF 17k miles
      '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
      '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
      '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

• Yep or Yup or as motoman says, Yeppers .............
        Now THAT's a Blow Out

Guess when you got em' at HF you didn't read the tag "Not for Highway Use".
        Or the other tag that said "Buyer Beware". An example of looks OK doesn't = Is Safe Probably pushed it over its real engineered & manufactured design limit. BOOM ........

HF should make it right if you have the receipt. Maybe even Comp you some goodies on top of the refund.
        Their HF legal group has to be real happy this didn't cause a $100M highway extravaganza due to their tire.

Jeff
        78' XS1100 E
        78' XS1100 E
        78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
        '99 Triumph Sprint ST
        '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Working...
        X