XSive Rider's @ Iron Horse 2012
Collapse
X
-
Well, left yesterday morning with dry weather. 30 miles later I pick up a nail and destroy my front tire. Then the rain hit hard. I got to a dealer and they fixed me up. Made it to lexington ky. Rained most of the way. Woke up to more rain. I'm in a dark place right now. -
coming off graveyard shift @ 8 then get some zzzz's before heading out today...should leave around 1pm and arrive by 5 or 6...see you all tonight
Leave a comment:
-
$145??? My god thats highway robbery..where'd ya go to a hardley dealer???Yeah, I'm fine except for the heart attack I had while trying to get that thing backed down and upright from 75mph with a flat front.

Yes I do need clean shorts now and there is crease in my seat too.
$145 dollars and three hours later we got back on the road. In Memphis now waiting for Harry and Tod to get back from the beer store.Leave a comment:
-
-
Hey John,
YES, I would write out "LOST PLATE" and then the license # below that and afix it to your plate holder. IF they stop you they can check that # with the DMV and your driver's License for ID purposes to verify that it's not a stolen bike!!
Greg....geez that sounds close, glad you were able to hang on!! Keep the shiny side up!
Leaving tomorrow AM, expect to roll in there around 4pm or so. Hope it stays DRY for us. See you all there!
T.C.Leave a comment:
-
Yeah, I'm fine except for the heart attack I had while trying to get that thing backed down and upright from 75mph with a flat front.

Yes I do need clean shorts now and there is crease in my seat too.
$145 dollars and three hours later we got back on the road. In Memphis now waiting for Harry and Tod to get back from the beer store.Leave a comment:
-
John I have a couple of old Georgia plates... maybe if there was something on there they wouldn't pull you over... I can throw one in my bag...Leave a comment:
-
The alternator on my XS fried on the way home today. I'm currently searching through my spart parts to find a good stator coil. I know I have one and I will be there tomorow.
Safe trip everyone, see ya tomorow.Leave a comment:
-
I am packed and setting on ready. I will be pulling out around 7:00 am tomorrow. I hope to be there before dinner.
Earl HLeave a comment:
-
I am lying under a tree by Loves in Little Rock waiting og Greg, Tod and Harry. Feel like a homeless person. Prolly look like one too.
Lost my license plate somewhere bwtween Lufkin and Arkansas. If anybody finds it please let me know.
Trying to figure what to do about it. Thinking of makng a cardboard temp one with my number on it. Not sure if it matters. I have tried to be good as a result. Had an Arkansas Trooper on my ass for 15 miles at 45 mph on a back road qnd he didnt try to stop me.
Got a pic of my bike from yesterday with plate and expiration sticker if stopped. No reg. Its home since we dont carry it in tx.Leave a comment:
-
Well, I made it back from Germany! Not without drama, but I'm home. It's a 100 mile drive to the Iron Horse. I guess I should make sure my bike will start.
Leave a comment:
-
Cripes! Glad you're okay...just prolly need to do some laundry tho'...hope the rim is okay.Tod,Harry and I are at the Yammy dealer in Russelville Ar getting a new front tire on my bike. I hit something on the highway,went airborn for a bit and ruined the front tire.
I thought I was going down but managed to get it stopped. I don't ever want to experience that again
Be careful out there folks...
Leave a comment:
-
Easy ride so far, we missed all the rain and other drama
In Asheville now for the night, we will be at IH around noon Friday
Leave a comment:
-
Tod,Harry and I are at the Yammy dealer in Russelville Ar getting a new front tire on my bike. I hit something on the highway,went airborn for a bit and ruined the front tire.
I thought I was going down but managed to get it stopped. I don't ever want to experience that againLeave a comment:
Leave a comment: