XSive Rider's @ Iron Horse 2012
Collapse
X
-
I got home at 4:30 pm. This was my first XS11 rally and I am making plans to be back next year. Thanks to everyone that helped make this a great rally.
Earl HLeave a comment:
-
Burr and I arrived about 2:30 today. Rode until about 11:00 last night trying to beat the storm. Riding RT-19 in the mountains at night was a lot of fun. Was in the rain for about 2 hours this morning then it cleared up by Lexington.Leave a comment:
-
home again
Pre ride, scouting, Rally work; It is a tough job, but somebody has got to do it.I realize I may not be a trusted source, but I've witnessed this with my own eyes. Also that saddlebag contains proof of insurance cards for many continuous years. These were offered for Darrels inspection as evidence of ownership after suggestions of "a stolen bike" were overheard in the thrum of an FJR exhaust note.

Home safe. Rain, but previous majic quick fix worked on coils & wires; All 4 cylinders hitting all the time even WET (except at idle). What a wonderful rally weekend. Well worth the trip!!
Quote from one of the FOXS11 (Former Owner of XS11) "Came for the bike, stayed for the people."Leave a comment:
-


Thank you to all of you who showed up and made this a great weekend. I'm anxious to learn everyone made it home safely. Some have a long way to go.Last edited by jetmechmarty; 10-01-2012, 03:07 PM.Leave a comment:
-
-
Made it home about an hour or 2 ago.
Awesome time! Glad we got to meet some of those western folks. We had a lot of people this time! Can't wait to do it again.Leave a comment:
-
So how many XS11 were there out of how many total? XSEast was kind of sparse on the XS11s.Leave a comment:
-
heres my 100 pics...as usual unless i load them individually they come out in reverse order...but sequence isnt important here...Warning some pics might seem offensive but smiley crap is implied... All in good fun...LOL
Leave a comment:
-
Y'all come back now...Y'hear?
Be safe everyone and have a good ride home...a rally like this isnt a one time affair...It seems to get better every year...This is the most successful SE XSive riders rally that I've been to. Of the 16 bikes of vintage I counted...14 were XS/XJ's with one XS650 and one 1981(2) Honda Goldwing. Thats quite an impressive showing if you ask me...hopefully by next year I too will be on another vintage XS. I will post up my 100 pics as soon as they're loaded into PB. Its always good to meet folks that you've only previously spoken to online...and it goes a long way to healing the old wounds of a couple yrs ago...and that we have more in common interests than we have differences.
Leave a comment:
-
Getting ready to head back west this morning. We have to get a new rear tire for JWHughes3's bike, the air is showing.
Had a great time despite the weather. Great roads and we tore them up.
Got to meet some people and put faces to the names I've been talking to over the years.Leave a comment:
-
Iron Horse 2012
I attended my first XS rally this weekend and it was a good one. Made the ride on Saturday, and even though we got heavy rain late, it was not enough to spoil the good time. I am sure that there will be many interesting stories posted later.
I was very impressed with the Iron Horse. It's the perfect place for a rally. Very nice facility and what better location than the North Carolina area of the Smoky Mountains? It was really good to meet everyone in person. I got a lot of good friendly XSive information first hand.
The new (to me) Venturer performed flawlessly as hoped and thanks to you all for your complements. My brother Buddy (on a Beamer) also enjoyed himself at the rally.
I hope everything goes well on the Sunday Ride. The weather forecast is much better.
Everyone be safe going home.
Later, MP
Some Rally Pix:





Leave a comment:
-
Some wet roads this morning and a short downpour on top of a mountain but overall a great ride. I sure am glad i made the ride out here. Beautiful country and great roads.Leave a comment:
-
We have arrived 2:30, Cabin 402, unpacked and enjoying the fresh air. Will go look for others.
Ted and HeatherLeave a comment:
-
That is crazy on the weather. I was in Chicago yesterday, then South Bend Indiana and now in Cincy, have not seen rain in a week.Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: