No announcement yet.

Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Rally at TWO 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is the 22nd. It stopped raining this afternoon and the sun is out! I'm 15-20 from TWO.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

gainesville's not too bad... my yard is a lake and i live on a hill...

there was alot of debris in the road but i think most will be gone by the ralley,
      wunderground is calling for 20% chance of rain on friday and 30% on sat... they are usually pretty good.

hey if it floods we can ride to my place and float around the yard ...

ha
      what route is this year going to be?
      " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
      xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
      8mm msd wires
      tkat fork brace...
      Fox shocks...
      mikes650 front fender
      led's gallore...
      renthal bars
      gold valve emulators
      vmax tensioner
      Rifle fairing

Comment

GT posted this yesterday on the TWO mail list:

We didn't get washed away!
        The sun is actually out and the creek is finally back within its banks today, albeit at least 4 times its normal level...
        The on and off waterfall at the quarry on 60 coming up from the Stone Pile is really flowing!
        Hwy 60 just this side of Woody Gap suffered some shoulder support lost in the north bound lane. The DOT has the slump marked with cones.
        There is very little debris on the road considering the amount of rainfall. We've had +12" since Sat night. + because the gage was overflowing at 5" Sunday morning!

We'll be back to normal for the week-end, as long as we don't get any more monsoon-like rains!

C-Ya!
        GT
        Gary Granger
        Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
        2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 14, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Quote:

"A motorcycle can’t sing on the streets of a city." Unknown

Comment

Not sure about the route yet, looks like rain in forcast for entire weekend. So we need to get a handle on rain and head away from it. Other wise I have 10 or 15 routes that can be whipped up in a jiffy.

Originally posted by yamahansolo View Post
          gainesville's not too bad... my yard is a lake and i live on a hill...

there was alot of debris in the road but i think most will be gone by the ralley,
          wunderground is calling for 20% chance of rain on friday and 30% on sat... they are usually pretty good.

hey if it floods we can ride to my place and float around the yard ...

ha
          what route is this year going to be?
          Gary Granger

Quote:

Comment

Gonna miss the fun

I am sorry to say that I will not be there. It will be the first one I have missed at T.W.O. I am not happy about it but it can't be helped.

Ralph
            Ralph Meeks
            79F
            80SG

Comment

Hey Ralph,

Sorry to hear about you having to drop out! I'm down here in Alabama right now, will be leaving Friday AM to venture around Atlanta and up to Suches, so I'm still game, even have my rain gear...at least my suit, my boots aren't waterproof, I think I still have my vinyl slipovers for my gloves?

Well, Gary, I hope we setup some routes other than Deal's Gap!

I would like to get up to the Cherohola area, skyline drive kind of stuff, but whatever you map out will be fine I'm sure! Have plenty of tread left on the rear for this run, and an XJ tank so I have a few more miles range!

See you guys Friday PM!
              T. C. Gresham
              81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
              79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
              History shows again and again,
              How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

XS1100SG with sidecar

Originally posted by Ralph Meeks View Post
                I am sorry to say that I will not be there. It will be the first one I have missed at T.W.O. I am not happy about it but it can't be helped.

Ralph
                I will miss you Ralph. Since I am planning on bringing my XS11, Doubting Darrell will likely not make the long trip.

Friday morning might be a good time to meet for breakfast & then ride for early arrivals. Saturday morning & have a committment in Gainesville, but I look forward to seeing the rest of y'all Fri night, Sat night & Sunday.
                It is a great big beautiful world out there
                Brent in GA
                Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

i have to work until 3:30 am on friday morning. i wil lthen try to catch some sleep for a few hours and my coils should be here sometime on friday. i ordered the ones from mikesxs along with the yellow wires...

hopefully they will get here early!!!!! i can sit outside and polish the bike up until they come. it only took a few mins to pull the old ones from my xj the other day so i should be able to swap the new ones on pretty quick.

yep the rai nbumped back up to 50% but hey it's kind of splotchy sometimes when it rains here so maybe we can get some good riding in!!!

TC what time will you be going through atlanta?
                  " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
                  8mm msd wires
                  tkat fork brace...
                  Fox shocks...
                  mikes650 front fender
                  led's gallore...
                  renthal bars
                  gold valve emulators
                  vmax tensioner
                  Rifle fairing

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Meeks View Post

Ralph
                    Sorry to hear you won't be there, hopefully I will see you at the next rally.

TC as far as routes go, I can go anywhere....If there is a certain road you want to get on let me know. I can make a route around it.
                    Gary Granger

Quote:

Comment

last bag to put on the bike and i will be heading south. i will see everybody friday.
                      80 xs1100G

Comment

Bonn called to cancel out as well, so I guess we still have 2 beds avail in our room.
                        Gary Granger

Quote:

Comment

what was the price for the beds???

79 xs11 standard
                          8mm msd wires
                          tkat fork brace...
                          Fox shocks...
                          mikes650 front fender
                          led's gallore...
                          renthal bars
                          gold valve emulators
                          vmax tensioner
                          Rifle fairing

Comment

Another Drop Out

All,

I'm not going to be able to make it this year. I've come down with strep throat and just can't do the trip. I hope you all have a great weekend.

Bill
                            Bill Murrin
                            Nashville, TN
                            1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
                            1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
                            2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
                            2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
                            1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
                            2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Comment

Originally posted by yamahansolo View Post
                              what was the price for the beds???
                              It's priced based on the number of people in the room, and what room it is....$30ish
                              Gary Granger

Quote:

Comment

Bruce and I have been here for hours, anybody else coming?
                                Gary Granger

Quote:

Comment

Working...
                                X