2008 Vintage Rally at TWO Suches, GA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Vintage Rally at TWO Suches, GA

This is for postings related to the 2008 Rally at TWO in Suches. Rally date is September 26, 27, 28, 2008.
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Bruce and I have reserved the big room, need two people to share the beds. See you there!!
    Gary Granger

Comment

CU in GA

Originally posted by sixtysix
      Bruce and I have reserved the big room, need two people to share the beds. See you there!!
      Thanks for making reservation & setting rally date Gary & Bruce. It Looks like this vintage Jap bike rally is an ongoing tradition. Nice to see XS1100 in biggest numbers. Several good looking old bikes have caught my eye in years past. Nice to see them out riding too.

I will probably "might" camp, like I did in 07 & 06.

I will be glad to share some ride leader duties with you again, even if the whole group turns off after I go straight again. Thanks for sounding horn.

CU in the fall in GA
      Brent
      It is a great big beautiful world out there
      Brent in GA
      Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Hi Gary,
        I made it into your Quote of the Month.
        I am flattered. Thanks.
        The problem with trips of a lifetime is one wants to make them into annual events. Man I hope the lottery comes up with my numbers soon
        Phil
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

LOVE the quote!

Phil, look at it this way, the "trip of a lifetime" became "The Trip of My Lifetime, Chapter 1."

Now, plan Chapter 2.
          I have, I did, and I am....

See you in Chapter 12, in the fall!
          Marty in NW PA
          Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
          Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
          This IS my happy face.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyA
            LOVE the quote!

Phil, look at it this way, the "trip of a lifetime" became "The Trip of My Lifetime, Chapter 1."

Now, plan Chapter 2.
            I have, I did, and I am....

See you in Chapter 12, in the fall!
            Hi Marty,
            Are you not coming to Key West? And if not why not
            Only 20 hours in the pickemup truck
            Phil
            1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

What pickup truck? I'm working on it. I took a long ride with Robin with temps in the low 30's a few days ago. We'll have to do better on the insulation.
              Marty (in Mississippi)
              XS1100SG
              XS650SK
              XS650SH
              XS650G
              XS6502F
              XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty
                What pickup truck? I'm working on it. I took a long ride with Robin with temps in the low 30's a few days ago. We'll have to do better on the insulation.
                Hi jetmechMarty,
                I was refering to MartyA's pickemup truck as it would not take that long from Fayetteville to Florida city in the
                El Camino. well are you coming? It will only be cold for the first 1/2 of the first day I promise.
                Phil
                1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MaximPhil
                  [B]Hi Gary,
                  I made it into your Quote of the Month.
                  I am flattered. Thanks.

The problem with trips of a lifetime is one wants to make them into annual events.

An annual event...Ain't it the truth! But the second or third time can be even better!

Happy motoring,
                  Brent in Ga
                  It is a great big beautiful world out there
                  Brent in GA
                  Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

We missed the event this year, but we'll be back in 2008. We are going to spend Memorial Day weekend in Suches with about 20 others also. See you in September.
                    Bill Murrin
                    Nashville, TN
                    1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
                    1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
                    2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
                    2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
                    1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
                    2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Comment

Will be good to see you again, Bill!
                      Gary Granger

Comment

Suches Meet

Gary, I'd be grateful to get one of your spare beds if available. . . . Bohn
                        Bohn
                        78 XS750SE Bought New In 78
                        80 XS1100SG "XS Combination"

Comment

OK Bohn you are in for one of the beds!
                          Gary Granger

Comment

I enjoyed the Key West Rally and really thinking about this one.

Not looking forward to sleeping in a tent though so I would need a bed. It looks like a 11 hour or so ride for me to get there. I would hope to meet up with someone on the way up so it wouldn't be such a long ride alone.

-Jonathan
                            Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

There is a new bike shop and hang out in Dahlonega.

We aren't catering to any specific crowd. We get all kinds in Dahlonega. We are carrying sport, sport touring, adventure, cruiser and touring gear as well as tires to cover all types of riders and motorcycles. Ken carries more sport bike replacement parts because sport bike riders do most of the crashing in his area. We have a cafe, discount tire shop with certified technicians and riding gear. Stop by and check it out next time you are in Dahlonega. We are nice people to boot too.

We are carrying all the popular sport tires in all the right sizes. We also stock ADV, Cruiser, Sport Touring, Dirt, and ATV tires. So far we have the Michelins, Avons, Bridgstones, Dunlops, Maxxis, and Shinko. The Metzelers and Pirellis will be here in the next week or so. We also have a good supply of batteries, EBC Pads, Tubes, Wheel Bearings and Seals, as well as chemicals. That is all at Tire Technicians Inc. At the main store, Black Mountain Cycles we have the riding gear and pre-owned motorcycles. We have received a positive response from the motorcycle community so far. I think one of the best things is that GT actually has a great place to hang out now, besides TWO.
                              Got yer dog GT!
                              David

www.ridershill.com
                              Gary Granger

Comment

Working...
                              X